GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

GS F Sport DRLs - Problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-12, 06:57 PM
FSport21
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GS F Sport DRLs - Problem

As some of you may know, I recently took delivery of my 2013 Lexus GS F Sport. I noticed that when I have my lights positioned on 'auto' that my LED daytime running lights aren't on. The only way I can turn them on is when I shift the lighting stalk on the side of the steering wheel to parking lights. The LED daytime running lights should be on during the day when the light stalk is positioned on auto, am I wrong?

I also made sure that under the vehicle's general settings, in the navigation system, that the daytime running lights are turned to 'on.' I've talked to my salesman and he's currently looking into the issue. Can any 2013 GS owner offer up some feedback/advice?
Old 04-02-12, 06:59 PM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Do they not come on when you put it in drive?
Old 04-02-12, 07:00 PM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My F-sport LED lights are on when in auto mode or in parking mode even with sun outside or some cloudiness. I would say there is a glitch in yours. Hope you get it fixed. Quick question, when you are in the left lane of any multli lane road or highway or even in the middle lane, do you feel the car GS F Sport follow the crown of the road or drift slightly to left? If in right lane, the car stays straight even on back roads when there is angle to the right for water run off. My dealer confirmed this and cross rotated the tires which helped a bit but I assume its due to crown of the mutli lane roads we have but only drifts left when in left lane or middle lane and not right lane at all. It never drifts to right. Maybe alignment?
Old 04-02-12, 07:04 PM
FSport21
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Rexus300
My F-sport LED lights are on when in auto mode or in parking mode even with sun outside or some cloudiness. I would say there is a glitch in yours. Hope you get it fixed. Quick question, when you are in the left lane of any multli lane road or highway or even in the middle lane, do you feel the car GS F Sport follow the crown of the road or drift slightly to left? If in right lane, the car stays straight even on back roads when there is angle to the right for water run off. My dealer confirmed this and cross rotated the tires which helped a bit but I assume its due to crown of the mutli lane roads we have but only drifts left when in left lane or middle lane and not right lane at all. It never drifts to right.
I'm thinking there is a glitch within the system - so frustrating. I haven't noticed that, however I haven't driven the car enough yet. If I do, I'll be sure to let you know.

Thank you for your response! I greatly appreciate it!
Old 04-02-12, 07:09 PM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Have you only checked them when your car is in park or also when driving? If they dont come on when the transmission is in drive then it must be a glitch
Old 04-02-12, 07:16 PM
e39ng
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine is on in auto mode regardless in park or drive.
Old 04-02-12, 07:17 PM
FSport21
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LexusNN
Have you only checked them when your car is in park or also when driving? If they dont come on when the transmission is in drive then it must be a glitch
I have yet to check to see if they only come on when I'm in drive. I'll be sure to check tomorrow morning. They are definitely not on when I'm in park, unless I turn them on through the parking light's setting.
Old 04-02-12, 07:21 PM
Room4Tu
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine are always on when set to Auto. They are on even in park. Might be a glitch like everyone says. Hope you get it worked out soon.
Old 04-02-12, 07:22 PM
FSport21
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Room4Tu
Mine are always on when set to Auto. They are on even in park. Might be a glitch like everyone says. Hope you get it worked out soon.
It definitely has to be a glitch, thanks for your help!
Old 04-02-12, 07:48 PM
RudeDoggy
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like to me that the DRL is disabled just by the symptoms you're describing. Definitely take it back to the dealership and see if that's the case.
Old 04-02-12, 07:58 PM
GSTONY
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For sure there is a glitch mines stay on no matter what, on auto off what ever it's still on been driving it for about a month now put about 4000k it no problem with drl
Old 04-02-12, 09:36 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

when i start the car and put it in drive the DRLs come on and stay on, even in park. they even come on if you unlock your car with the key fob.(my lights are on auto)
Old 04-02-12, 09:48 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

If you start the car, and you are in Park with the parking brake ON..... They will not turn on... They will turn on as soon as the parking brake is disengaged ....

Or when you start driving...

Try it out.....

Joe Z
Old 04-03-12, 09:03 AM
FSport21
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Joe Z
If you start the car, and you are in Park with the parking brake ON..... They will not turn on... They will turn on as soon as the parking brake is disengaged ....

Or when you start driving...

Try it out.....

Joe Z
Great problem solving! This may just be the solution to my problem.
Old 04-03-12, 09:09 AM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

There is also a DRL disable option on one of the vehicle menus that you can check.

Quick Reply: GS F Sport DRLs - Problem