GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Offical details GS-F specs from Lexus!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-12, 08:15 AM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
well, i am a car guy not a brand guy, i like good cars, period... i have owned quite a few brands of cars so to me it's all about what you want, you give some, you get some
I agree. I get annoyed at people who bash other brands just because it's not what they buy. I get three car magazines a month, and I'm one of those people who reads every road test, even if it's a mini van or entry level economy car (neither of which you could give me).
Old 04-05-12, 09:16 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

well, i am a car guy not a brand guy, i like good cars, period... i have owned quite a few brands of cars so to me it's all about what you want, you give some, you get some
That's how I live too. Of course I care for brand image, more the better. But my priority is on quality and substance first.

I take a great Hyundai over a bad Bugatti, I just can't stand bad cars.
Old 04-05-12, 09:37 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by x838nwy
It seems that quite a few of us:

1.) Look forward to the GS-F
2.) Would not be all that surprised if the power is a bit off from the Germans

Which I take to mean:
a.) WE WANT YOU TO MAKE A GS-F!!!! which is great and I hope Lexus listens to this. Let's not do a Jaguar and have every bloody comparo feature a "bit it's a bit down on power" clause. But what should really be worring Lexus is
b.) That more than a few are not expecting Lexus to make headlines with its power output or performance. To me, this just goes to show that for whatever reason, we've gotten so used to Lexus not being a "performance" choice. A bit like how a Jaugar owner wouldn't be too miffed if they do badly in reliability ratings.

If the new M5 does a slower 'ring time (and i know how senseless this is, but people seem to care) than the E63, internet forums will be alight with abuse. But if the GS-F posts a sjgnificantly slower time then some will be disappointed but most would have been expecting that. And I am pretty sure this is exactly the perception they are trying to change with this generation of GS's.

I really hope that up their game with the GS-F and take the germans on equal terms. And I cannot wait to see what they come up with...
personally i think all these should stop, i mean from toyota / lexus fans playing victims and sink the lexus boat before it goes into the ocean. there are always haters around, i see just as many haters on bmw and mb as on lexus. outside of that people look at things subjectively.

the if you made is just that, if. if the e63 pulls better time than m5, i don't think people will be ok with it. the m5 as is is already getting a lot of criticism on its weight, engine design / approach, etc...

Originally Posted by BNR34
That's how I live too. Of course I care for brand image, more the better. But my priority is on quality and substance first.

I take a great Hyundai over a bad Bugatti, I just can't stand bad cars.
hahaa but that means you probably won't own any exotics

Originally Posted by jjscsix
I agree. I get annoyed at people who bash other brands just because it's not what they buy. I get three car magazines a month, and I'm one of those people who reads every road test, even if it's a mini van or entry level economy car (neither of which you could give me).
i just accept it as part of life. no matter what forums i get on, lexus, audi, bmw, and mb, there are just people who think they are sitting on the biggest pile of gold and everything else is crap. sometimes you just say what you can and move on

if anything i am very glad at the direction lexus is turning towards. there yet? no, but at least it's getting there
Old 04-05-12, 09:44 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

hahaa but that means you probably won't own any exotics
In the old days yes, that's why I had Nissan GTR and WRX STi over M3 and 911 10 years ago. But all latest Euro exotics have became extremely good.

Take the F355 for example, as hot as it is, it is just not a very good car.

That is bad. In the old days, I don't even want them regardless of if I can actually afford them. Now I want them but just can't afford them
Old 04-05-12, 11:48 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by BNR34
In the old days yes, that's why I had Nissan GTR and WRX STi over M3 and 911 10 years ago. But all latest Euro exotics have became extremely good.

Take the F355 for example, as hot as it is, it is just not a very good car.

That is bad. In the old days, I don't even want them regardless of if I can actually afford them. Now I want them but just can't afford them
if you are under the perception that exotic nowadays are trouble free, i think that's not correct. you just don't hear about all the problems because... owners don't talk about it to "outside"
Old 04-05-12, 01:31 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

if you are under the perception that exotic nowadays are trouble free, i think that's not correct. you just don't hear about all the problems because... owners don't talk about it to "outside"
I wasn't talking about their reliability, was mainly talking about how they drive and feels. Back in the F355 and Diablo days, they don't even drive good, they just look and sounds cool. Now the 458 is one of the best driving car on the market.

Reliability wise, I agreed with you, they are not trouble free. But they are still way better then the old days. Lambo are pretty much an Audi, they are not any worst then say a RS5 and RS6. Ferrari doesn't break down every other weekend. I don't see them as any more troublesome then any highend AMGs or Ms.
Old 04-05-12, 01:41 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

don't be too dishearted (is that a word lol) we all know its coming. Probably around the same time the 8-speed auto comes to the 350. They don't engineer a car with this much room if they don't have a plan for something monstrous

Old 04-09-12, 07:36 PM
NEbiker10
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Did anyone read about the 2013 GSF

This thing is going to be sick. The v8 is back(5.0) packing 461hp with 402 tq. Sick! Brembo brakes, 19's made by BBS. 0-60 in 4.4 seconds! The article goes on to even they have tuned the engine and exhaust to blip. Dope.

Who is not excited for this car! This now makes me wanna keep my 400 and just wait till thing comes out.

https://www.clublexus.com/articles/g...el-details.php
Old 04-10-12, 10:11 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by NEbiker10
This thing is going to be sick. The v8 is back(5.0) packing 461hp with 402 tq. Sick! Brembo brakes, 19's made by BBS. 0-60 in 4.4 seconds! The article goes on to even they have tuned the engine and exhaust to blip. Dope.

Who is not excited for this car! This now makes me wanna keep my 400 and just wait till thing comes out.

https://www.clublexus.com/april-fools.jpg

https://www.clublexus.com/articles/g...el-details.php

~ Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 04-10-12 at 10:14 AM.
Old 04-10-12, 09:29 PM
IAMJAVEDG
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A detuned LFA powerplant would be nice....
Old 04-11-12, 07:18 AM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

This is a sad a depressing April fools joke. This made me happy but as I read on it got sadder and depressing. I hope Lexus does get the idea that we want a GS-F, correction that we NEED A GS-F.
Old 04-11-12, 10:21 AM
energie8
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

I call BS, ALL IN BABY!!
Old 04-12-12, 12:08 AM
x838nwy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
don't be too dishearted (is that a word lol) we all know its coming. Probably around the same time the 8-speed auto comes to the 350. They don't engineer a car with this much room if they don't have a plan for something monstrous

You mean mechanics with fat arms?