GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Free car washes at dealerships.

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-12, 07:34 AM
Room4Tu
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Free car washes at dealerships.

Do a lot of guys take advantage of the free car washes that is offered through Lexus or do you prefer to do it by hand yourself? I've always enjoyed detailing my own car in the past. In fact I've never even had the luxury of free car washes. I'm just concerned of them messing up something or creating swirls in the paint, etc, etc... Service advisor told me that they put it through a machine but they have really soft materials that just goes back and forth then they hand dry it. He said there are no brushes or any spinning of the machines. Just wondering if anyone has any personal experiences with Lexus car washes.
Old 04-01-12, 07:38 AM
MarkGS
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only free car washes I am aware of through my dealership is when you have your car serviced. And its a basic wash and vacuum.

I like getting my car back in cleaner condition than when I dropped it off.....
Old 04-01-12, 07:43 AM
Room4Tu
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MarkGS
The only free car washes I am aware of through my dealership is when you have your car serviced. And its a basic wash and vacuum.

I like getting my car back in cleaner condition than when I dropped it off.....
Hmmm, I guess it's a service that is only offered in certain areas. Here in Dallas, I can bring my car by the dealership anytime between 8am-3pm Mon-Sat for a free wash. They do it at all three of the Lexus locations here in the metroplex. I've heard that it is really busy before a big car meet since all the guys are trying to get in and get their cars washed before taking them out to show,
Old 04-01-12, 08:06 AM
Got PSI
Driver

Same here in Miami. I can bring my car in for a free wash Mon-Sat. When I had my IS, i was in there every Sat morning !
Old 04-01-12, 08:11 AM
Room4Tu
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Got PSI
Same here in Miami. I can bring my car in for a free wash Mon-Sat. When I had my IS, i was in there every Sat morning !
OK, good to hear. Still a little nervous about them putting swirls in my Obsidian. Those guys are probably drying every car in the same old drying mitts and towels
Old 04-01-12, 09:20 AM
mehran888
Advanced

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

In the Toronto area we get a free wash with service. Some dealerships are better than others. Some vacuum thoroughly, some don't at all. No free regular carwashes though!
Old 04-01-12, 09:24 AM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Room4Tu
OK, good to hear. Still a little nervous about them putting swirls in my Obsidian. Those guys are probably drying every car in the same old drying mitts and towels
Thats the only reason I've been scared to get mine washed at the dealer.
Old 04-01-12, 09:52 AM
MKIV98TT
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Getting your car washed at the dealer is like driving through the automated carwash at the gas station. If you want to keep your paint looking good for the time you have the car, do it yourself.
Old 04-01-12, 10:20 AM
jman-is350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MKIV98TT
Getting your car washed at the dealer is like driving through the automated carwash at the gas station. If you want to keep your paint looking good for the time you have the car, do it yourself.
+1. I never have any of my cars washed at the dealership for this reason. I got a guy that comes to my place twice a month and hand washed all my cars.
Old 04-01-12, 10:22 AM
1J0Z SC
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MKIV98TT
Couldn't have of said it better myself, be careful! I told my mom not to take her 2012 CRV to the dealership, its a scratch tunnel for your paint.
Old 04-01-12, 11:24 AM
qualityday
Rookie

Yup never allow the dealership to clean your car. especially if it's black.
Old 04-01-12, 12:57 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Room4Tu
Do a lot of guys take advantage of the free car washes that is offered through Lexus or do you prefer to do it by hand yourself? I've always enjoyed detailing my own car in the past. In fact I've never even had the luxury of free car washes. I'm just concerned of them messing up something or creating swirls in the paint, etc, etc... Service advisor told me that they put it through a machine but they have really soft materials that just goes back and forth then they hand dry it. He said there are no brushes or any spinning of the machines. Just wondering if anyone has any personal experiences with Lexus car washes.
yeah,,,,,,,,, don't do it. they will f#@k up your car and they do use brushes. they don't dry your car right and you can see where there is dirt still on your car........ look close. whenever i need service i tell them DO NOT WASH MY CAR!!!!!!!!! i wash my own car so that i know it's done right. foam gun, 2 bucket system etc.
Old 04-01-12, 01:21 PM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

My dealership offers a complimentary car wash and vacum with service done on the vehicle. We use a power washer and touchless car wash and then dry it by hand. You can tell who really cares about their cars because they choose to pass on the free wash. It is a great service but i clean my own car.
Old 04-01-12, 03:46 PM
lexesty72
Driver

I won't let them wash it, but I will let them vacuum the interior only.
Old 04-01-12, 03:57 PM
Got PSI
Driver

have any of you used this before ?
Attached Thumbnails Free car washes at dealerships.-ref-dp_image_0.jpeg  

Quick Reply: Free car washes at dealerships.