GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Bought one! Red on Red AWD F-Sport

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-12, 07:12 PM
mehran888
Advanced

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Bought one! Red on Red AWD F-Sport

For those of you who recall my earlier posts - I got a pretty good deal from a broker, but the catch was that I had to wait until June-ish for my AWD luxury Starfire Pearl with Saddle Tan interior. And even that wasn't firm. It seems that inventory in the Toronto Canada area is a bit hard to get, and the ones who it have aren't negotiating

Another CL member has been hunting as well and pointed me to a new dealership (Downtown Lexus - Toronto's first downtown Lexus dealership, believe it or not). They've been open for 3 months and had a couple of models in stock. One was the Grey with Saddle Tan (Luxury AWD), which I admit is a beauty, but I'm not a fan of grey/silver, particularly since my wife's car is grey as well.

They also had a Red on Red F-Sport AWD. I fell in love at first sight (the picture of the photoshopped/lowered red on these forums helped) and worked out a deal that was almost as good as the broker. The best part is that I take delivery on Monday!

Will post some good pictures on Monday, weather permitting. For the time being here are some iPhone pictures.

Thanks everyone for your help and guidance, particularly RudeDoggy for making me aware of this dealership, their inventory, and introducing me to the sales person!
Attached Thumbnails Bought one!  Red on Red AWD F-Sport-photo-1.jpg   Bought one!  Red on Red AWD F-Sport-photo-3.jpg  

Last edited by mehran888; 03-31-12 at 07:15 PM.
Old 03-31-12, 09:11 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Great to see how quickly these are selling! Says a lot for future values.

So, is this Red on Cabernet? You may be the only one in the US with this combo. That's ballsy but I bet it is beautiful!
Old 03-31-12, 09:53 PM
Liferules
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats! I'm glad you took the plunge. It was obvious you had a deficiency in your life the size of a 4GS!

Great looking color.
Old 03-31-12, 09:59 PM
mehran888
Advanced

Originally Posted by dseag2
Great to see how quickly these are selling! Says a lot for future values.

So, is this Red on Cabernet? You may be the only one in the US with this combo. That's ballsy but I bet it is beautiful!
It's Canada - I'm the dude who was considering buying your S5 in Dallas and driving it up! At the end of the day, my wife thought it was more practical to get a Red on Red F-Sport.

The combination is interesting. And I'll be the first to admit it's weird. I like it, but would have preferred the black or saddle tan instead. What's interesting is that when you're peering in through the window, the contrast is significant enough to make the cabernet look brown.

We'll see how it holds up with time. For now, I'll share the response from my parents, in-laws, and sister when I emailed them a few pictures.

"Nice car. But is it really ALL RED?? Send us a picture of the one you actually bought when you pick it up'.

Thanks again everyone, this is a great community and I'm looking forward to continuing participation.
Old 03-31-12, 10:07 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

WOW. red on red. that combo has to look sic. please post pics when you take delivery. congratz, you waited long enough.
Old 04-01-12, 01:47 AM
GSTONY
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mehran888
For those of you who recall my earlier posts - I got a pretty good deal from a broker, but the catch was that I had to wait until June-ish for my AWD luxury Starfire Pearl with Saddle Tan interior. And even that wasn't firm. It seems that inventory in the Toronto Canada area is a bit hard to get, and the ones who it have aren't negotiating

Another CL member has been hunting as well and pointed me to a new dealership (Downtown Lexus - Toronto's first downtown Lexus dealership, believe it or not). They've been open for 3 months and had a couple of models in stock. One was the Grey with Saddle Tan (Luxury AWD), which I admit is a beauty, but I'm not a fan of grey/silver, particularly since my wife's car is grey as well.

They also had a Red on Red F-Sport AWD. I fell in love at first sight (the picture of the photoshopped/lowered red on these forums helped) and worked out a deal that was almost as good as the broker. The best part is that I take delivery on Monday!

Will post some good pictures on Monday, weather permitting. For the time being here are some iPhone pictures.

Thanks everyone for your help and guidance, particularly RudeDoggy for making me aware of this dealership, their inventory, and introducing me to the sales person!
Hey glad you took my advice and went to lexus downtown. Now you get it on monday and its a fsport so hopefully will see you on the road very unique colour for sure
Old 04-01-12, 06:47 AM
Room4Tu
Pole Position

Congratulations!! Very nice and unique color combo
Old 04-01-12, 07:12 PM
mehran888
Advanced

Thanks all! One more day. I almost want to go to sleep right now so it gets here sooner! Hopefully the weather will be good (today was miserable, and it's supposed to be bad for a few) so I can take some pictures.

Today, I had my first awkward conversation with my wife about her driving the car.

Me, speaking at a kids party to a friend: So the Britax were on sale at Toys R Us? Stinks that I missed it
My wife: Why do you want a car seat?!? We already have one
Me: Because moving the car seat from yours to mine every time I want to take him (our son) out is going to be a pain
Her: Why do you want to move the car seat?

At this point it dawned on her that we will no longer be "swapping" cars when we have to go somewhere solo with our son.

She took it pretty well. I don't mind her driving it to be honest - but am worried of where she'll park it and so forth.
Old 04-01-12, 07:18 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

It's Canada - I'm the dude who was considering buying your S5 in Dallas and driving it up! At the end of the day, my wife thought it was more practical to get a Red on Red F-Sport.

The combination is interesting. And I'll be the first to admit it's weird. I like it, but would have preferred the black or saddle tan instead. What's interesting is that when you're peering in through the window, the contrast is significant enough to make the cabernet look brown.

We'll see how it holds up with time. For now, I'll share the response from my parents, in-laws, and sister when I emailed them a few pictures.

"Nice car. But is it really ALL RED?? Send us a picture of the one you actually bought when you pick it up'.

Thanks again everyone, this is a great community and I'm looking forward to continuing participation.
Oh, right! Well, I'm glad you got the car you wanted. She's a beauty!
Old 04-01-12, 07:52 PM
mehran888
Advanced

Oh, right! Well, I'm glad you got the car you wanted. She's a beauty!
Thanks! Have you gotten yours yet? If so, you need to update your sig! Enjoy it - can't wait for tomorrow.
Old 04-01-12, 08:11 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Thanks! Have you gotten yours yet? If so, you need to update your sig! Enjoy it - can't wait for tomorrow.
No, the car arrived at the Port of Los Angeles on 3/29, and my salesperson says it will be 14 days from that point. (Should arrive in the middle of a week where I'm out of town.)

Funny story... I pulled up to the Lexus dealership in my S5 to check on the status of my new GS. There was a couple admiring my S5 and asking why I was driving an Audi to a Lexus dealership. I told them I would be trading in a couple of weeks. The guy loved the car and may be working through Sewell Lexus to buy it when I turn it in. He couldn't believe you could lower/raise the top going 30 mph and that the soft top takes so much less trunk room than a hard top. Also, it has a full back seat with seats that fold and a full-size trunk. He was coming from an SC430 so I can understand.

I couldn't very well do a "side deal" since he was already their customer and looking at the IS-C. Getting an '11 S5 w/ 7500 miles in the mid $50k range ($68k originally) would be a much better buy than a new IS-C, but ultimately he and his wife will make the decision (just like you did).
Old 04-01-12, 08:16 PM
GSTONY
Lead Lap

Hey what time you picking it up tommorow i bet you cant even sleep tonight haha, i feel you on that i am also worried of where my wife park the car at.
Old 04-01-12, 09:17 PM
mehran888
Advanced

dseag2: Seems like your S5 is in high demand. It'll get a buyer pretty quickly! I didn't know that you can retract/pull up the top going 30mph though - that's pretty crazy! I really like the styling of your S5, and can't imagine the couple not taking it over the IS-C.

gstony: They're putting on the 3M VS product tomorrow and doing some of the other paperwork. I imagine the car will be ready by late afternoon. I'll probably go there around then, or potentially after dinner. Depends on when my wife is available to take me. I can't wait!
Old 04-01-12, 10:03 PM
a6s
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Woah, red on red...

I'm seeing copper rims in your future.... Congratulations. Keep the community posted with pics & your future mods
Old 04-01-12, 11:57 PM
Liferules
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No, the car arrived at the Port of Los Angeles on 3/29, and my salesperson says it will be 14 days from that point. (Should arrive in the middle of a week where I'm out of town.)
That's funny. Same thing happened to me... My car arrived the very week I was out of town and I had to take delivery the following week. Funny how the stars align terribly for these infrequent types of events.

Quick Reply: Bought one! Red on Red AWD F-Sport