Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Great color! Looks great with the f sport wheels
Old 04-02-12, 09:12 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by mehran888
For those of you who recall my earlier posts - I got a pretty good deal from a broker, but the catch was that I had to wait until June-ish for my AWD luxury Starfire Pearl with Saddle Tan interior. And even that wasn't firm. It seems that inventory in the Toronto Canada area is a bit hard to get, and the ones who it have aren't negotiating

Another CL member has been hunting as well and pointed me to a new dealership (Downtown Lexus - Toronto's first downtown Lexus dealership, believe it or not). They've been open for 3 months and had a couple of models in stock. One was the Grey with Saddle Tan (Luxury AWD), which I admit is a beauty, but I'm not a fan of grey/silver, particularly since my wife's car is grey as well.

They also had a Red on Red F-Sport AWD. I fell in love at first sight (the picture of the photoshopped/lowered red on these forums helped) and worked out a deal that was almost as good as the broker. The best part is that I take delivery on Monday!

Will post some good pictures on Monday, weather permitting. For the time being here are some iPhone pictures.

Thanks everyone for your help and guidance, particularly RudeDoggy for making me aware of this dealership, their inventory, and introducing me to the sales person!
can anyone say,,,,,EXCLUSIVE!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-02-12, 09:28 AM
mehran888
Advanced

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

You guys make me laugh! If there's ever a place to go to get people to make you proud and even more excited about your purchase, it's here!

I take delivery in about 4 hours...

The salesperson not only dropped me off at home after buying the car on Saturday, but he's also coming to pick me up as logistically it is tough for me to get down there tonight.

Let me know if you guys are looking for a good, honest salesperson in the Toronto, Canada area. This is the first major purchase I've made where I feel good about the whole experience and feel zero buyers remorse or any resentment about any aspect of the purchase.

And PS: Yes, I love the F-Sport rims. I'm basically paying the same price as I would have for the Luxury, but losing the rear climate controls, sunshades, heated steering wheels, AFS. Those rims and the fact that I took my wait time from 2+ months to less than 48 hours pushed me over the edge. Oh, and I wasn't a fan of the wood trim either.

Mehran
Old 04-02-12, 09:35 AM
Got PSI
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys make me laugh! If there's ever a place to go to get people to make you proud and even more excited about your purchase, it's here!

I take delivery in about 4 hours...

The salesperson not only dropped me off at home after buying the car on Saturday, but he's also coming to pick me up as logistically it is tough for me to get down there tonight.

Let me know if you guys are looking for a good, honest salesperson in the Toronto, Canada area. This is the first major purchase I've made where I feel good about the whole experience and feel zero buyers remorse or any resentment about any aspect of the purchase.

And PS: Yes, I love the F-Sport rims. I'm basically paying the same price as I would have for the Luxury, but losing the rear climate controls, sunshades, heated steering wheels, AFS. Those rims and the fact that I took my wait time from 2+ months to less than 48 hours pushed me over the edge. Oh, and I wasn't a fan of the wood trim either.

Mehran
That's awesome !! We're all rooting for ya ! I bet these next 4 hours will feel like 8 though

Hang in there and make sure to post some detailed pics when you get her home.

Congrats again !
Old 04-02-12, 09:56 AM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sick!! Red/Red...that is going to be rare....love it, congrats!
Old 04-02-12, 10:08 AM
Liferules
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm basically paying the same price as I would have for the Luxury, but losing the rear climate controls, sunshades, heated steering wheels, AFS. Mehran
I've wondered about the rear climate control as I've not seen it in person. Do you actually get any more vents for the back seat or does it just control those two tiny vents in the back of the driver's arm rest? If the latter, then I don't know that it'd be that useful anyway.

That's my biggest disappointment with my car at present--poor ventilation in the back seat. My A6 had vents in the pillars so each passenger got both on pillar and one arm rest vent. With the 4GS, its just the arm rest vents which are not that great.
Old 04-02-12, 11:20 AM
jj14
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I believe it actually has the vents under the front seats as well -
Page 352 on http://drivers.lexus.com/t3Portal/do.../sec_05-02.pdf
Old 04-02-12, 11:33 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Liferules
I've wondered about the rear climate control as I've not seen it in person. Do you actually get any more vents for the back seat or does it just control those two tiny vents in the back of the driver's arm rest? If the latter, then I don't know that it'd be that useful anyway.

That's my biggest disappointment with my car at present--poor ventilation in the back seat. My A6 had vents in the pillars so each passenger got both on pillar and one arm rest vent. With the 4GS, its just the arm rest vents which are not that great.
i think there are 6 vents all together under the seats plus the center console.
Old 04-02-12, 02:12 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

wow red on red very nice! and rare!
Old 04-02-12, 03:36 PM
Jaymez56
Driver School Candidate

Mehran...congrats on the new ride! Can't wait to see the pics of red on Cabernet.
Old 04-02-12, 04:00 PM
Liferules
Driver

Originally Posted by jj14
I believe it actually has the vents under the front seats as well -
Page 352 on http://drivers.lexus.com/t3Portal/do.../sec_05-02.pdf
Thanks! I haven't gotten that far in my manual. I'll have to go and look under the seats now (and likely keep the setting of "upper body & feet" when I have significant passengers in the back...
Old 04-02-12, 06:56 PM
mehran888
Advanced

Here we go. Check her out! Now I need to practice my photography. I picasa'd one of the pictures - excuse the cheese, but I love it.
Attached Thumbnails Bought one!  Red on Red AWD F-Sport-pic1.jpg   Bought one!  Red on Red AWD F-Sport-pic2.jpg   Bought one!  Red on Red AWD F-Sport-pic3.jpg   Bought one!  Red on Red AWD F-Sport-pic4.jpg   Bought one!  Red on Red AWD F-Sport-pic3neon.jpg  

Old 04-02-12, 07:23 PM
Liferules
Driver

Love the last one! I've got to try that! Congratulations.
Old 04-02-12, 07:44 PM
mehran888
Advanced

Originally Posted by Liferules
Love the last one! I've got to try that! Congratulations.
It's pretty cheesy - but Picasa makes it easy. You can easily spend a few hours trying all the different styles.

Thanks! It's killing me that I'm not driving it right now. I put the car seat in tonight, and have the day off tomorrow. So I'll take my son around town for the day.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bought one! Red on Red AWD F-Sport