GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

F Sport Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-12, 07:11 AM
kssod
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F Sport Questions

Noticed some discrepancies between the print out a dealer gave me and the website build equipment list.
According to the website the F Sport package does not include: rain -sensing wipers, ventilated front seats, and power rear sunshade. The dealer notes that the cars he's seen have these installed.
Also, is it possible to order the ML with a F-Sport? I've tried several build zip codes but no luck.
Can owners of F-Sports please confirm equipment.

On a different note, drove a AWD Luxury, and I must say quite impressive. No throttle lag like the 5 series, nicer interior than the A6, amazing seats. It would seem that the 18 way seats would be a better match in the F than in the luxury.
I wonder if the mesh grill would fit in a luxury bumper?
Old 03-18-12, 07:42 AM
chiefguy
Rookie

Hi, also I think the F-Sport does not include the Adaptive Front Lighting system. The Luxury model does include this. Surprised that they don't include the AFS and fog lights on the F-Sport.....not sure if the AFS would be an option on F-Sport.
Old 03-18-12, 08:59 AM
a6s
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default chiefguy is right...

Originally Posted by kssod
Can owners of F-Sports please confirm equipment.
As well as adaptive front lighting... I can confirm that F-Sport has the option of rain sensing wipers, & power rear sunshade, heated & ventilated front seats.
I have all the above installed. I'll post the sticker... ML is available in F-Sport as well. They were telling me it was an option when I was choosing my F-Sport... Hope that helped.

Old 03-18-12, 09:05 AM
chiefguy
Rookie

hi a6S..thanks for the reply...question for you....I don't see the AFS on the sticker you posted...was that a special order option? I've had the AFS before and its amazing, so if the F Sport does not have it, i'll prob go with the Lux package..thanks
Old 03-18-12, 09:13 AM
a6s
Driver

Default Interesting....

Originally Posted by chiefguy
hi a6S..thanks for the reply...question for you....I don't see the AFS on the sticker you posted...was that a special order option? I've had the AFS before and its amazing, so if the F Sport does not have it, i'll prob go with the Lux package..thanks
Although I cannot find it on the sticker, I see the lights "roll up" when they are turned on. The website & sales team both told me that it's included. I will look into some supporting documentation. As of now I can say I see them adjust when I they are turned on.
Old 03-18-12, 09:24 AM
Alantjai
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The roll up is the hid equiped lights, afs should reactt by turning the steering wheel
Old 03-18-12, 10:57 AM
chiefguy
Rookie

Hi...what is included in the F-Sport is the HID lights with auto leveling, but not the Adaptive Front Lighting System which pivots the lights left and right when you make a turn - that is included on the Lux Model. The auto leveling feature (on both F-Sport and Lux) just adjusts the level of the HID lights up or down when going up a hill or over a speed bump....different than AFS.....I'm surprised they would not have this on the sportiest model.....I had a 2008 IS350 with the sport package and it has it all including AFS
Old 03-18-12, 01:36 PM
a6s
Driver

Default I think that's it.

Hi...what is included in the F-Sport is the HID lights with auto leveling, but not the Adaptive Front Lighting System which pivots the lights left and right when you make a turn - that is included on the Lux Model. The auto leveling feature (on both F-Sport and Lux) just adjusts the level of the HID lights up or down when going up a hill or over a speed bump....different than AFS.....I'm surprised they would not have this on the sportiest model.....I had a 2008 IS350 with the sport package and it has it all including AFS
Yes. As far as I can look into it... It's an "auto leveling" feature not the AFS option.
Old 03-18-12, 01:57 PM
qualityday
Rookie

You can special order most non F-Sport options into an F-Sport.

adaptive lighting & mark levinson for example
Old 03-18-12, 02:33 PM
Liferules
Driver

I have it on my current A6 and it is just "OK". On top of that, it's broken twice on the car. I for one am happy to not have them on the F-sport.
Old 03-18-12, 02:34 PM
kssod
Rookie

Originally Posted by qualityday

So what's the delivery time for a custom order, it seems most dealers use a regional system and really aren't that interested in custom ordering. The Lexus website certain doesn't offer such options.

In addition, other than the staggered 19" wheels and the rear active steering, what else does the AWD F-Sport give up compared to the RWD?
Old 03-18-12, 03:38 PM
chiefguy
Rookie

Originally Posted by qualityday

I don't see that as an option to order AFS on the Lexus site...i'll have to check with the dealer I guess. I would think, like fog lights, its a "no option" at all on the F-Sport
Old 03-18-12, 03:40 PM
chiefguy
Rookie

Originally Posted by a6s
Although I cannot find it on the sticker, I see the lights "roll up" when they are turned on. The website & sales team both told me that it's included. I will look into some supporting documentation. As of now I can say I see them adjust when I they are turned on.
Thanks...what color did you get?
Old 03-18-12, 08:48 PM
a6s
Driver

Default My Choice...

Thanks...what color did you get?
I went with Nebula gray pearl on Cabernet

Old 03-18-12, 11:48 PM
faifai83
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by kssod
So what's the delivery time for a custom order, it seems most dealers use a regional system and really aren't that interested in custom ordering. The Lexus website certain doesn't offer such options.

In addition, other than the staggered 19" wheels and the rear active steering, what else does the AWD F-Sport give up compared to the RWD?
Called into Lexus Corporate a few weeks ago and they claimed that custom orders are not available...

Quick Reply: F Sport Questions