GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Tpms(tire pressure monitoring system) f sport

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-13, 06:57 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

http://lexus.sewellparts.com/accesso...2013/5849.html

"Did you know - The U.S. government has passed legislation that will eventually require all new passenger vehicles to be equipped with tire pressure monitoring systems?

Each transmitter has a built-in semiconductor to directly measure tire pressure, and is powered by a lithium battery with a lifespan of approximately 10 years.

The transmitter ID codes for two sets of tires - such as regular and winter - may be registered in the system (ID registration must take place at a Lexus dealership). A tire select switch on the left of the glovebox allows the driver to easily select the appropriate tire set for monitoring.

Note: Production date After April 2006

Kit Includes
1 TPMS Sensor
1 Fitting kit (o-rings)
1 OEM Valve Stem Caps"
Old 08-14-13, 12:30 PM
mso4
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Stopped by 2 local America's Tires (aka Discount Tires) this past weekend to have the new TPMS added to my car. The first shop was unable to detect the TPMS ID's even though he had the latest update (few days ago).

I went to a second shop down the street. His machine did not have the update (entered my car info as a 3GS) and he too was unable to read the sensor ID's. So I told him to change the car info to a 2012 Toyota Camry and try again.

Voila it worked! He was able to read all 4 sensor ID's, hook up to my car's computer from under the dash, and automatically upload all 4 sensors. Drove the car for half a block and psi info from all 4 corners appeared on dash. Took 3 minutes once sensors were detected. They did not charge me for this service.

Will definitely go back to them for tires.
Old 08-14-13, 12:51 PM
Stew4HD
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^ GOOD INFO THERE! I will remember that when it comes time to do mine
Old 08-14-13, 01:33 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

fantastic tip there, awesome!!!!!! thank you for sharing the info
Old 08-14-13, 07:07 PM
mcolommena
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jtrue28
Yes
Hi! Can you tell me how to get that reqd out on the 4gs, with the tire pressure for al,l four tires. I cannot find how to get that screen.
Old 08-16-13, 12:25 AM
mso4
Pole Position

Glad it was helpful. Here's the tool they used to scan my tpms. They hooked up a cable from the tool to my car (under dash) to upload sensor info. Just ask them to try 2012 Camry if 2013 (or 2007-2011) GS 350 does not detect your tpms.

Name:  IMG_1497_zps99d9dcd1.jpg
Views: 3494
Size:  64.2 KB

Originally Posted by mcolommena
Hi! Can you tell me how to get that reqd out on the 4gs, with the tire pressure for al,l four tires. I cannot find how to get that screen.
There is a DISP button near the right side of your steering wheel (under phone icons). Press that button multiple times until you see your tire psi info.
Old 08-16-13, 03:43 AM
mcolommena
Driver

Originally Posted by mso4
Glad it was helpful. Here's the tool they used to scan my tpms. They hooked up a cable from the tool to my car (under dash) to upload sensor info. Just ask them to try 2012 Camry if 2013 (or 2007-2011) GS 350 does not detect your tpms.

There is a DISP button near the right side of your steering wheel (under phone icons). Press that button multiple times until you see your tire psi info.
Thanks for the answer mso4. However, i keep pushing that button and I do not get that reading. I am doing something wrong?
Old 08-16-13, 05:15 AM
Stew4HD
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mcolommena
Thanks for the answer mso4. However, i keep pushing that button and I do not get that reading. I am doing something wrong?
You don't got to the display of the PSI of the 4 wheels showing between the tach and speedo?
Old 08-16-13, 05:57 PM
mcolommena
Driver

Originally Posted by Stew4HD

You don't got to the display of the PSI of the 4 wheels showing between the tach and speedo?
No I do not.
Old 12-09-13, 03:59 PM
emcman
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TMPS Reset

I know this is a super old tread but what a difference between BMW and Lexus. I have summer/winter tire and wheels set up on both and do the change myself. BMW X5 is swap them out got in the screen and hit reset TMPS press OK and then go.

My wives 2013 GS 350 F sport. Turn power on crawl under the steering wheel to press a button until the warning light blinks and then goes out then wait and while I get no warning light the tire pressures all register blank because I gather I need to take the car in each time twice a year to have the codes blanked out of the car as they can only register one set at a time?

What a waste of $600 to Lexus sensors then. I will just check them with a guage one a week until spring.

It is just like night and day between the two systems and in this case Lexus you are night.
Old 04-02-14, 10:20 AM
mmendez
Driver School Candidate

Hello mso4, I know this is an old thread, glad to hear you have your problem solved, wish I could see this before, however, I have a similar problem, I bought a new set of Wheels for my 2013 GS F-sport (20" VOSSENŽ VVSCV4), Installed 4ea new ORO-TEK™ - TPMS Multi-Vehicle Protocol Sensors, took the car to a dealer in Atlanta, and they told me that they can't reprogram the sensors to the car, Does anyone knows any tire shop in the area that can do this? Thank You in Advance.
Old 04-05-14, 05:44 AM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

Wow old thread but it just helped. At townfair tire and they couldn't pull it up. This helped told him that and he said it registered.
Old 04-05-14, 07:30 AM
Jaysoo
Rookie

i don't see the read out of the tire pressures on my 14 gs f sport either. i'm in canada. not sure if that makes a difference
Old 04-05-14, 02:29 PM
mso4
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mmendez
Hello mso4, I know this is an old thread, glad to hear you have your problem solved, wish I could see this before, however, I have a similar problem, I bought a new set of Wheels for my 2013 GS F-sport (20" VOSSENŽ VVSCV4), Installed 4ea new ORO-TEK™ - TPMS Multi-Vehicle Protocol Sensors, took the car to a dealer in Atlanta, and they told me that they can't reprogram the sensors to the car, Does anyone knows any tire shop in the area that can do this? Thank You in Advance.
I would take it to a shop that has multiple tpms scanner devices. These are expensive so not all shops have all the different scanners that can read your car's info. You can do that by calling and asking the shop. Tell them what kind of sensors you have and see what they say. Lexus tpms are not made by Lexus so the ones you got are probably identical to the OEM Lexus, just different labels.

When you are at the shop have them input your car as a 2007-11 Lexus GS or 2012 Toyota Camry if using 2013 Lexus GS does not register the tpms. I took mine to two identical tire stores before they were able to do it. What's weird was that they both used the identical scanner and one recently had their software updated. My shop (America's Tire) did this for free, took 5 minutes.

Good luck and congrats on your new wheels!
Old 04-07-14, 03:16 PM
mmendez
Driver School Candidate

Will do Thanks for the advise, will keep you posted

Quick Reply: Tpms(tire pressure monitoring system) f sport