GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Lexus of North Miami Launch Pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-12, 04:13 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by jtrue28
Okay, hold-up, you can only control the rear sunshade with the rear seat control box? WTF? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, my dealer just called me, they're getting their initial shipment this afternoon. I will check them out tomorrow and hopefully get to drive one. If there are any other unanswered questions anyone has, just let me know.

Definitely has to be an F-Sport, but I'm torn between colors now...the Red and Black look freaking amazing. I don't want white and I don't want silver, so it's down to red, black or grey.
dark gray with red interior F-Sport would be my choice... i usually hate silvers but who knows, maybe this one will be good.

i usually do black on black, but really like that red interior and at least in pics black exterior seems to hide the best parts of the car, but maybe it will look good in real life.
Old 02-02-12, 04:16 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
dark gray with red interior F-Sport would be my choice... i usually hate silvers but who knows, maybe this one will be good.

i usually do black on black, but really like that red interior and at least in pics black exterior seems to hide the best parts of the car, but maybe it will look good in real life.
I think these are the best configs on this car in the following order:
1) Nebula Gray/Red/Espresso
2) Nebula Gray/Gray/Espresso
3) Black/Tan/Espresso
4) Black/Gray/Espresso
5) Red/Gray/Bamboo
6) Red/Tan/Matte walnut

Last edited by *Batman*; 02-02-12 at 04:20 PM.
Old 02-02-12, 05:29 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by LeslieRC
As for the head-on shots, as I looked at them I couldn't help but think that Lexus must have staged a massive raid on Darth Vader's helmet closet!
lol.

when i looked at this one i thought same plus it looks like the car has no front wheels!

Old 02-04-12, 11:16 PM
LexPaul
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the pics!!, they are awesome. Have to disagree, the GS is by the far the better looking car. The front is classy and elegant IMO. The interior is simply awesome. The GS rocks!!, This is a winner for Lexus for sure.
Old 02-06-12, 01:30 PM
bronz
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the bmw is a nice car but the lexus gs looks way better in and out
Old 02-07-12, 06:24 AM
JDMToyotas
Lead Lap

O M F G

This new GS is looking H O T in these pics ! Also the Lexus does look better then the BMW 5. Looks more classy and upscale... Lexus has the best factory paint jobs in the busniess... just look at the shine in that brown !

Last edited by JDMToyotas; 02-07-12 at 06:35 AM.
Old 02-07-12, 03:11 PM
jre002
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Audi A7 is what I was expecting from the 4GS, not this. I like it sort of, but I don't love it. The 4GS could have been so much more if they didn't completely abandon the coupe design of the 3GS. All they had to do was take it to the next level. Instead, we got a 3-box design and it is really disappointing. I shouldn't feel like I could have designed a better exterior.
Old 02-07-12, 04:42 PM
Bradwillia
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man they sure did lift that grille straight from the Audi, LOL. Can barely tell the difference!
Old 02-08-12, 01:59 AM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
Yeah I like the red as well:

Again, something about a red car with a curvy fender/hood and swoopy door mounted mirrors. The car has its own attractions but a lot of small issues with the design prevent it from being really special as a whole.
Can someone please explain why Canada gets foglights in there GS F-Sport and we cant.
Old 02-08-12, 08:51 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by bigblack06
Can someone please explain why Canada gets foglights in there GS F-Sport and we cant.
i want to bring up "cost" as the reason again, but probably shouldn't go any further
Old 02-08-12, 02:18 PM
eoph
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by bigblack06
If you go to the Canadian lexus website, it clearly says the foglights are deleted with the F-Sport?
Old 02-08-12, 02:42 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The image is not from Canada, it's a JDM model.
Old 02-08-12, 04:22 PM
itruns
Driver

I agree, I wish the would let a customer have a bit more flexiblity on some things. I want fog lights and wood on a F-sport.

Batman, what part of the seat doesn't adjust on the Fsport that does on the LUX package?
I love that they finally put in lower thigh extenders, like I have on my e39...

The headlights are HID on both the low beams and the high beams... in one projecter so maybe it needs to be larger to support that?

I do not like the orange lens in the tails either, It makes a brand new car look dated.
But I also noticed something that looked weird on the BMW, It had some sort of weird, cheap looking white plastic grid holding the LEDs on the side of the head light... maybe just on the base model awd I drove?

The foot swipe/power trunk opener on the BMW sounds cool, they didn't show me that on the one I drove... I wonder if it is standard only on the more loaded ones?
Old 02-09-12, 06:39 AM
mordecai
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I really want to know why the US, Lexus' biggest market, is getting gimped on certain features? Yeah, there is cost blah blah, but would Lexus really lose their price advantage compared to the 5-series and E-class if they featured those options? Another argument would be that Lexus wants to create distinct characters for these different models, which could be why the F-Sport does not have the fog lamps or that the 3 LED headlamps are limited to the hybrid model in the US model, or that there is no F-Sport version of the GS450h (not 100% about the last one). But I'm going to argue that it actually hurts Lexus more by not offering these things in the US than they gain from shaving a couple of thousand dollars from MSRP or having distinct GS models .

Will keep on saying this: the GS450h F-Sport with special grille and bumper, 3 LED headlights, in Riviera Red, with the big wheels is currently the sexiest Lexus out. Looks much better than any competitor.
Old 02-09-12, 07:38 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

Still trying to figure out how to keep the car in Sport+ on startup...as it is now I have to turn the **** twice everytime I start the car. Need to find out if the dealer can change this.

Quick Reply: Lexus of North Miami Launch Pics