GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Lexus enform 2.0 is posted

Old 02-01-12, 04:56 AM
clambros
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus enform 2.0 is posted

I noticed that Lexus Enform 2.0 app is posted to the Apple APP store -AND- BlackBerry AppWorld. Unfortunately, no BB OS7 support :-(

I installed the app on my iPhone, but can't seem to logon.
Old 02-01-12, 06:59 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hopefully Lexus updates the app soon...some developers have been slow to deliver on OS7.

That said, I love my Bold 9930
Old 02-01-12, 07:10 AM
clambros
Driver

According to Lexus customer service ... you will not be able to logon to the applicaiton until the vehicle is delivered. However, when I asked .. who will provide me a username / password .. they were at a loss.

Seems like Lexus customer service is going through some growing pains on this new app .. the poor guy I spoke with had very little clue on what I was speaking about.
Old 02-01-12, 03:03 PM
is250dan7
Driver School Candidate

if it's anything like Toyota's Intunes, which I'm sure it is, you have to create an account on lexusdrivers.com associated with the VIN number of your vehicle, and then you'll be able to log in.

it appears that there is a whole seperate app for enform 2.0, and the previous version of enform will still function in the older app.
Old 02-01-12, 03:36 PM
clambros
Driver

The setup was simple once I found the "missing link" from the Lexus Drivers website (http://drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrivers/home)

There is an icon on that page "Lexus Enform Account Management" which links to this website -> https://www.lexusenformappsuite.com/lexus/newAccount

You need to setup an account on the NEW "Lexus Enform" website (not linked to the Lexus Drivers website, like the current version of the enform application)

Once you create an account there on the NEW lexus enform site, it will import your current vehicles.

Summary, you need to register with one more website after installing the application. -AND- you can manage current lexus enform vehicles (not just the 4GS).
Attached Thumbnails Lexus enform 2.0 is posted-munch_2012_02_01_182758.png  

Last edited by clambros; 02-01-12 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Added screen capture
Old 02-04-12, 06:12 AM
clambros
Driver

Something noteworthy about Lexus Enform 2.0 ..

The "Lexus Enform App Suite" has a $7 /mo charge (in addition to the Lexus Enform subscription, in Addition to satellite radio services).

Makes me wonder why you would need satellite radio services -AND- the app suite (with Internet based radio).

Regardless .. was a little surprising, to me, the "App Suite" was an addition option to the annual $265 Lexus enform subscription.

From the website: http://www.lexus.com/enform/
Attached Thumbnails Lexus enform 2.0 is posted-capture.png  
Old 02-04-12, 09:46 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good stuff so far BUT imho

Lexus G-LINK (Japan) > Lexus Enform (US)

Personal opinion
Old 02-04-12, 06:45 PM
Dema
Pole Position

Sure, everything is better in Japan. But wait a minute, I heard no Lexus in Japan
Old 02-04-12, 09:14 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Dema
Sure, everything is better in Japan. But wait a minute, I heard no Lexus in Japan
you mean this?

http://lexus.jp/index.html
Old 02-05-12, 12:14 AM
TerrySmith
Intermediate

Originally Posted by clambros
I noticed that Lexus Enform 2.0 app is posted to the Apple APP store -AND- BlackBerry AppWorld. Unfortunately, no BB OS7 support :-(

I installed the app on my iPhone, but can't seem to logon.
Thanks for the tip - since I saw your post, I also installed the new version on my iPhone. Even though I already have a Lexus Drivers account and several eDestination folders set up and even though I already have the older version of the app working on my iPhone, I could not log in at first either. But I was able to get it to work.

Try this:
Log into your Lexus Users account on the Lexus website and under the "Lexus Enform" tab get to the "Overview" window pane. On the "Overview" pane is a "Manage My Lexus Enform Account" button. Click on that and walk through the registration steps. You will be asked to give your Lexus Drivers username and password and an email address. Once registered, go back to the phone and try to log in using the email address (not user name) that you gave during registration. Use the same password as used for your Lexus Drivers Account.

When I did all that, the new phone app started working. All my eDestinations Folders and Content was still there and showed up in the new phone app. Also, the older version of the phone app still works.

The only major change I see is that the "eDESTINATION" search in the old version is replaced by Bing in the new version. But a setup option to "Connect to Vehicle" is evidence that this new version appears to have the capability to connect your car to the Internet via the phone's Internet access (3G or 4G). But this Internet connection only works with the latest in-car system - meaning right now (date this was posted) it only works if you have a 2013 GS. So it looks like the new version of the app works with the older cars with Enform and the very new cars (you don't need separate smart phone apps) though the features for the new in-car system don't work with older cars (like my 2011 IS F), of course.

If you don't have the new in-car system, the app is not much different, but works as well as the old version.

For some reason, Lexus did not follow the normal Apple iOS method of providing an automatic update that would both automatically alert you to the new version and then, during install, replace the old version with the new. So if I had not seen your post, I would not have known of the new version and I guess I need to now manually delete the old version.
Old 02-14-12, 08:01 PM
drdigital1
Driver School Candidate

Default Enform subscription needed for mobile app suite?

Originally Posted by clambros
Something noteworthy about Lexus Enform 2.0 ..

The "Lexus Enform App Suite" has a $7 /mo charge (in addition to the Lexus Enform subscription, in Addition to satellite radio services).

Makes me wonder why you would need satellite radio services -AND- the app suite (with Internet based radio).

Regardless .. was a little surprising, to me, the "App Suite" was an addition option to the annual $265 Lexus enform subscription.

From the website: http://www.lexus.com/enform/
I think/hope that the subscription to mobile app suite is $7/month but not on top of the Enform subscription of $265/year. Most likely the items listed as additional monthly services e.g., SiriusXM services, mobile apps suite, etc are just other services you can subscribe to. To say that a subscription to SiriusXM radio or mobile apps suite requires to subscribe to Enform plus Safety Connect is as if buying some razor blades would require that you also buy a razor, a brush and a mirror.
Old 02-15-12, 11:51 PM
LVexus
Driver School Candidate

I installed it on my Samsung Infuse (Android Froyo) and have not seen many benefits in using it, let alone paying for it.

The only app I would really use it for is Pandora, it's nice to be able to like/dislike songs through the HUD. However, it is slow to load songs and I some how managed to get it to play 3 songs at once when trying to skip 2 songs in a row (might be a Pandora problem however).

Any other android users out there having better experiences with Enform?
Old 02-16-12, 07:31 AM
MichaelLop
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TerrySmith

For some reason, Lexus did not follow the normal Apple iOS method of providing an automatic update that would both automatically alert you to the new version and then, during install, replace the old version with the new. So if I had not seen your post, I would not have known of the new version and I guess I need to now manually delete the old version.
The reason there are two apps is because the new enform app is not only an update to the look but allows it to play nicely with the app suite the gs350 introduces. this app suite is not available in any car but the gs350 right now (will most likely appear in other cars coming out this year) and adds more than bing. it also allows for the inclusion of yelp, pandora, and a few other car oriented smartphone apps and by doing this they have effectively handed the responsibility of updating these apps over to the companies that produce them. so while i cant be positive, i expect us to see new updated versions of these apps that were designed specifically for the lexus 12.3 nav screen. some great improvements would be better and more natural speech recognition for each app as well as a better interface options.
Old 09-07-12, 04:17 AM
jonw228
Driver School Candidate

Default Enform not working!

I have been dealing with this same problem for 3 months now. Have spent HOURS on phone with Lexus tech support. I don't know if they are aware of problem and trying to "Muffle" complaints or what.
2 reps have told me "they are aware of a problem with Enform functioning in the Northeast".
I also receive constant message on iphone screen stating, "An intermittent failure has occurred with the third party provider." Very disappointed with Lexus' lack of attention and response to this issue.
Old 09-07-12, 04:40 AM
joehp1
Rookie

Yea, same with me...nothing but problems. POS! I emailed them several weeks ago and they blamed it on my phone (new HTC Evo LTE). Wanted me to reinstall to app, which I did. And do a hard reset, no way am I going to do that for this POS Enform.

Then, two days ago they actually left me a voice mail to see if the problem was resolved. Very impressed...for a brief period anyway. I called them back, explained they called me and explained to two people the issues (ugh!), they said someone will call me back! Totally unacceptable! And, guess what , 24 hours later and no call back.

I have been vocal on this forum about this POS Enform. I have owned 7 Lexus cars and have never had issues. People will say it is only an app. But, that is not the issue. They are still advertising this as a big feature on these cars and it works "sometimes".

Sorry for the rant...guess you can see I have had a bad experience here also!