GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Automobile & Motor Trend Mag: Lexus GS Challenge - Las Vegas Motor Speedway

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-12, 10:22 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Exactly. Testing was done independantly by Motortrend/Automobile test-drivers using their own equipment, NOT Lexus-supplied equipment, NOT Lexus test-drivers.
Labelling it as "advertisement" doesn't make the findings any less valid. The question you need to ask is : are the testing procedures kosher?If they are, then the numbers stand up to scrutiny.
Old 02-11-12, 12:46 PM
Dema
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question is where they get GS for testing? People can always suspect that model used for getting was offered by Lexus and obviously tuned for better performance, braking and handling. I believe Lexus are capable to apply same mods as we do, to make their cars better. Jus kidding.
Old 02-11-12, 02:29 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Dema
Question is where they get GS for testing? People can always suspect that model used for getting was offered by Lexus and obviously tuned for better performance, braking and handling. I believe Lexus are capable to apply same mods as we do, to make their cars better. Jus kidding.
it is same numbers as shown in other reviews... same go for BMW and MB, same numbers as in other reviews.
Old 02-11-12, 06:49 PM
bjjones
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by *Batman*
I think the Audi is equally inexpensive like the Lexus when it comes to street price. The issue is that the Audi feels cheap. When you are inside the Audi there is a ton of plastic, there seats only have leather on center panels, but vinyl on the bolsters, that interior is the worst in this segment in my opinion. Audis materials and finishes are not much better than KIAs in my opinion.
I agree wholeheartedly! Audi's interiors are woefully overrated.
Old 02-12-12, 04:13 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by *Batman*
The sportiest car in this class is either the 550i or the S6. No V6 can be the sportiest car in this class.

I can't wait till they put the 5.0 in the GS. That will be interesting.

But you are right. All these 6 cyl models are very good too. The likes of Volvo, Acura and Infiniti are ****ed.
Originally Posted by jjscsix
You do know that is a Lexus advertisement don't you? It is also in "Automobile" Magazine.
No its not, natnut is correct.