GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Checked out the new GS today

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-12, 04:27 PM
clexusking
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Finally got the chance to see the new GS in person. Pictures do not do the car justice! It was fitting that the first one I have seen is a RWD, grey F-Sport with the red interior. Perfect replacement for my '03 grey Sportdesign with saddle interior...
Attached Thumbnails Checked out the new GS today-2013-gs.jpg  
Old 01-26-12, 07:17 PM
jjbenzo
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Beautiful! I actually went in thinking that I would want a grey F-Sport with red interior. However, after seeing them all, I think I may be leaning more towards the pearl white with red interior. My favorites that I have seen the F-Sport in would be grey, pearl white and black.
Old 01-26-12, 07:27 PM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

I saw one at the Houston auto show today. The only one there was a gray F-Sport with red interior and it was up on a pedestal - could not get in the car (how the hell disappointing is that!

- Front was better looking than I expected
- From the side it looks an awful lot like the current car unless you are really a car spotter Not bad, but I wish it had a little more character.
- The back looks good except I despise the faired in odd shaped exhaust tips - especially on the sport model.
- I could not see the interior very close, but two things stand out. The red I didn't like because it is a very odd shade of deep red. I also think the drilled aluminum pedals look seriously out of place in a Lexus even if it is a sport model. Way to "ricer" looking. I'm sure I'll like the interior in general, but I'm really disappointing in the colors of the F-Sport. The red didn't look right, the tan has too much redish brown to my eye and I don't want a black interior here in Texas. I've had plenty of black and our Acura has a black interior, but I dislike that those are the only options for the F-Sport. The gray would have looked much better especially with the aluminum accents.

Overall the car looked okay, but I far prefer the BMW 5 series interior.
Old 01-27-12, 04:35 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jjscsix
I saw one at the Houston auto show today. The only one there was a gray F-Sport with red interior and it was up on a pedestal - could not get in the car (how the hell disappointing is that!

- Front was better looking than I expected
- From the side it looks an awful lot like the current car unless you are really a car spotter Not bad, but I wish it had a little more character.
- The back looks good except I despise the faired in odd shaped exhaust tips - especially on the sport model.
- I could not see the interior very close, but two things stand out. The red I didn't like because it is a very odd shade of deep red. I also think the drilled aluminum pedals look seriously out of place in a Lexus even if it is a sport model. Way to "ricer" looking. I'm sure I'll like the interior in general, but I'm really disappointing in the colors of the F-Sport. The red didn't look right, the tan has too much redish brown to my eye and I don't want a black interior here in Texas. I've had plenty of black and our Acura has a black interior, but I dislike that those are the only options for the F-Sport. The gray would have looked much better especially with the aluminum accents.

Overall the car looked okay, but I far prefer the BMW 5 series interior.
Since you mentioned the 5 series.....I hated the current 5 when I first saw it. Now it looks much better to me. Hopefully, the same happens with the 4GS.
Old 01-27-12, 06:34 AM
jjscsix
Racer

Originally Posted by Ice350
Since you mentioned the 5 series.....I hated the current 5 when I first saw it. Now it looks much better to me. Hopefully, the same happens with the 4GS.
I actually can agree. FYI, they had the new 3 series and new M5 there. Like most German manufacturers today, the 3 looks just like their other cars. The M5 looks just like an M-Sport 5 except the rear looks better and of course has the quad exhaust. The wheel/tires on the M5 fill out the wheel wells like you can't believe.
Old 01-27-12, 06:49 AM
Oneflyguy
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it just me or does anyone else think that Lexus has the worst looking stock wheels of all the luxury car manufacturers?

And that damn wheel gap, oh that damn wheel gap. The more I see these pictures, the less I like it.
Old 01-27-12, 07:17 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Oneflyguy
Is it just me or does anyone else think that Lexus has the worst looking stock wheels of all the luxury car manufacturers?

And that damn wheel gap, oh that damn wheel gap. The more I see these pictures, the less I like it.
TRD Japan already has a fix for the height issue.. And this is why we have an "Aftermarket Industry"

The 2013 GS Offically went on sale yesterday in Japan..

Source: via Lexus Enthusiast

~ Joe Z
Old 01-27-12, 07:40 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Joe Z
TRD Japan already has a fix for the height issue.. And this is why we have an "Aftermarket Industry"

The 2013 GS Offically went on sale yesterday in Japan..

Source: via Lexus Enthusiast

~ Joe Z
It looks interesting

But in this case:
It's not aftermarket............because TRD is an official division of Toyota Motor Corporaton (same with Lexus). So it's still official parts and accessories.......which is something I might consider

P.S.
This suspension from TRD

Are there any trade-offs if one installs this suspension into a 4GS (i.e. 350 F-SPORT RWD)??? Or is it a passive upgrade? (I.e. all positive and no negatives/downsides)
Old 01-27-12, 08:36 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Blackraven
It looks interesting

But in this case:
It's not aftermarket............because TRD is an official division of Toyota Motor Corporaton (same with Lexus). So it's still official parts and accessories.......which is something I might consider

P.S.
This suspension from TRD

Are there any trade-offs if one installs this suspension into a 4GS (i.e. 350 F-SPORT RWD)??? Or is it a passive upgrade? (I.e. all positive and no negatives/downsides)
It's still aftermarket since they will never carry OEM factory part numbers... They are "in house" aftermarket.. LoL
(Just like current F-Sport Accessory program in the USA)

P.S. - It's WAY too early to know what this new TRD-Japan Suspension Pkg will do for the the NEW GS..

I rememeber us "OG" IS300 owners used to love getting our hands on the TRD Japan yellow sway bars, as they really were
that good..!! (and very expensive)

~ Joe Z
Old 01-27-12, 08:53 AM
jjbenzo
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I dropped my GS430 off at the dealer this morning for service. I brought up the new GS350 to my service adviser and how I was shocked they had 20 plus GS's sitting out back. He told me that as of yesterday, there are only about 5 left as a couple of transporters came and picked most of them up as they were "Lexus's" cars. Apparently Lexus of Orlando hosted a ride and drive for the entire South-East region of Lexus dealers the other day, which is why all of those GS's were here. After picking up my loaner car, I checked out what was left. There were two pearl white, one black, one red and one pearl white inside the showroom still. These five are here to stay and are Lexus of Orlando's cars. Here are a couple pics of a few of them.

Old 01-27-12, 10:13 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

fsport looks so much better than regular
Old 01-27-12, 10:53 AM
jjscsix
Racer

I have to say that the more I see it, the more I think most people aren't even going to know that they are seeing a brand new model on the road. The front will be mistaken by most people to be the IS or that other hybrid thing they make, the side looks like the current GS and the back is somewhat generic to a number of other cars. The car just has no "presence" to me. That is not always bad, but when I'm buying a new car I want it to look like I bought a new car.
Old 01-27-12, 11:10 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

I have to say that the more I see it, the more I think most people aren't even going to know that they are seeing a brand new model on the road. The front will be mistaken by most people to be the IS or that other hybrid thing they make, the side looks like the current GS and the back is somewhat generic to a number of other cars. The car just has no "presence" to me. That is not always bad, but when I'm buying a new car I want it to look like I bought a new car.
you can say somewhat the same for the 5 series imho. the e looks new though (when it first came out)
Old 01-27-12, 11:19 AM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This has huge presence:

Checked out the new GS today-a9wg9.jpg
Checked out the new GS today-eztr8.jpg

Last edited by Mr. Burns; 01-27-12 at 12:40 PM.
Old 01-27-12, 01:11 PM
LexFather

I have no idea how anyone can confuse that front end with anything. That is the entire purpose of the new front end. Now the sides and rear, I agree, they don't exactly scream "look at me" but the front end is quite dynamic in person.

Like many pics didn't serve too well, in person it works out better. Again I prefer the fastback style of the 1/2/3 GS compared to this more upright, "3 box" exterior which could be a shrunken LS. Honestly it doesn't "wow" me much either and while I like it, I am not in love with it at all compared to the 1/2/3 GS. However maybe that is the point, I was the market for the 1/2/3 GS and maybe Lexus is aiming for someone with different this time around.

Lexus has been really good at making their cars stand the test of time, they age very well and if you have the car at the end of its model cycle 6/7/8 years in it still look relevant. Honestly the GS/A6/5/E class all have more adventurous front ends compared to the rest of the bodies which are all rather sedate. The XF is best looking in class still but it does look like a longer 3GS so that is natural

Here is to hoping a coupe comes!

Quick Reply: Checked out the new GS today