GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Lexus Announces Pricing for All-New 2013 GS 350 (no increase!)

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-11, 09:24 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by jjscsix
I'd have to compare equipment down the line. But I really think if you compare the prices will be closer with like equipment - but I admit I have to do more homework to be sure.

I'm not trying to nit-pick btw, I admit that I am capable of getting hung up in little details. It's what I do!
if anything, more standard on GS than A6. For instance, base GS has bi-xenons... which A6 doesnt have until you upgrade well into price.

You can compare the pricing only if you are comparing base A6 with FWD and 4cly, but one of the more optioned models, to base GS.
Old 12-23-11, 08:21 PM
ISFSPORT10
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you a dealer?

I"m interested in your last comment. In the past with Lexus where I live, they seem to want to make it impossible to order a car the way you want it. They have always had two basic "packages" available and pretty much told people it will take months to get a car they way you want it - if they can get it at all.
Yes I am a dealer. All of the dealers decide mutually how they are going to build the vehicles for their area. To special order a car it takes 3 to 4 months to deliver so dealers will always put emphasis on selling what's in stock. I ordered a 13 gs and have no choice but to take it as is uness I want to wait months to get it.
Old 12-24-11, 08:16 AM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFSPORT10
Yes I am a dealer. All of the dealers decide mutually how they are going to build the vehicles for their area. To special order a car it takes 3 to 4 months to deliver so dealers will always put emphasis on selling what's in stock. I ordered a 13 gs and have no choice but to take it as is uness I want to wait months to get it.
Thanks. That is pretty much what I understood, and I consider the 3-4 months telling me they don't want to do it.
Old 12-24-11, 11:28 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Thanks. That is pretty much what I understood, and I consider the 3-4 months telling me they don't want to do it.
It's actually how long it takes to place the "Special Order" in the dealers allocation, process the build on the Japan assembly line and ship/receive the car here in the USA..

Don't ask me how I know..

~ Joe Z
Old 12-24-11, 02:57 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

So when do these hit the lots. I am curious to take one for a spin.
Old 12-24-11, 05:24 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
It's actually how long it takes to place the "Special Order" in the dealers allocation, process the build on the Japan assembly line and ship/receive the car here in the USA..

Don't ask me how I know..

~ Joe Z
and i can confirm on this one too
Old 12-25-11, 10:35 AM
kutsyy
Driver

Originally Posted by ISFSPORT10
So if I would want to car exactly as I want it, and you could either order it for me or see me going to another dealer or brand, what would you do?

Vadim
Old 12-25-11, 02:16 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by kutsyy
So if I would want to car exactly as I want it, and you could either order it for me or see me going to another dealer or brand, what would you do?

Vadim
he obviously said it is either wait for 3-4 months or get one of the built ones... he didnt say he wouldnt order it.
Old 12-25-11, 03:07 PM
ISFSPORT10
Driver School Candidate

Order it exactly how you like!!! Just be prepared to be patient especially with the first few months where they will build the cars the exact same way to avoid problems.
Old 12-26-11, 05:56 AM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

I can see the wait time for this car, it will probably be like the BMW 5 series 2011, gonna wait a little then I'll buy later in the year. Want it so bad though.
Old 12-26-11, 08:30 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

my dad is considering a new car, going to throw this one out as a suggestion
Old 12-28-11, 11:24 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by kutsyy

Vadim
another thing to keep in mind is price. to custom order a lexus, from my experience pricing won't be as attractive compared to those on the boat / lot
Old 01-06-12, 11:55 AM
eoph
Pit Crew

Is it possible to DIY the manual rear side window sunshades if you pick the Fsport?
Old 01-07-12, 12:18 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rominl
another thing to keep in mind is price. to custom order a lexus, from my experience pricing won't be as attractive compared to those on the boat / lot
Yup of course.

It's the result when you entail in a special/custom order versus bulk/dealer inventory or existing stock.

But if you ask me, I would definitely go for special custom build then just resort to POA (price on adjustment). Personally, I don't give a rat's *** on how much more it will cost me (over standard dealer stock vehicles).

This is the premium automobile segment after all and the way I see it, higher cost is not a detriment to me (or even an issue at all). When you get into this vehicle segment, it is assumed that you have the funds for it.

That's just how I see it.

Hence why I would NEVER buy CT200 in this country from the dealer lot........because Lexus Manila does not offer Mark Levinson for the CT200 (even in F-sport). Same for the 2IS sold locally as well.
Old 01-07-12, 08:06 AM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by eoph
Is it possible to DIY the manual rear side window sunshades if you pick the Fsport?
No idea yet....

Quick Reply: Lexus Announces Pricing for All-New 2013 GS 350 (no increase!)