Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Bumping in hopes of any helpful info.
Old 01-25-16, 01:37 PM
HFactor
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay. I just got these notifications, I hope I can help clear some of this up. 2013 to 2014 uses a 2 folder system for the image. The USB drive MUST be formatted for a PC. If it has been formatted on a MAC it will NOT work. It can be a USB 1.0, 2.0 or higher.

For 2015 and up...so far, it is now a single folder. The USB Drive MUST be formatted for a PC. If it's been formatted on a MAC it will NOT work. You must use a drive that is USB 2.0 or higher or the drive will not be read. That is something that is new.

I hope this helps. If you are not sure if the drive has been formatted for a PC, it is easy to do, but remember if you do a format on the drive it WILL ERASE EVERYTHING on the drive. Save any files before doing so. If any of you are local to Van Nuy, CA, if you come to Keyes Lexus on Van Nuys, I will personally assist you in setting this up. I am here M - F. You can ask for me, Loren. I am the Digital Marketing Manager. I will continue to monitor this post as it's been going on since 2013 GS....and you know technology is always changing. I am still hoping at some point the ability to customize an animated Video to the start up will be possible.....
Old 01-25-16, 02:07 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by HFactor
Okay. I just got these notifications, I hope I can help clear some of this up. 2013 to 2014 uses a 2 folder system for the image. The USB drive MUST be formatted for a PC. If it has been formatted on a MAC it will NOT work. It can be a USB 1.0, 2.0 or higher.

For 2015 and up...so far, it is now a single folder. The USB Drive MUST be formatted for a PC. If it's been formatted on a MAC it will NOT work. You must use a drive that is USB 2.0 or higher or the drive will not be read. That is something that is new.

I hope this helps. If you are not sure if the drive has been formatted for a PC, it is easy to do, but remember if you do a format on the drive it WILL ERASE EVERYTHING on the drive. Save any files before doing so. If any of you are local to Van Nuy, CA, if you come to Keyes Lexus on Van Nuys, I will personally assist you in setting this up. I am here M - F. You can ask for me, Loren. I am the Digital Marketing Manager. I will continue to monitor this post as it's been going on since 2013 GS....and you know technology is always changing. I am still hoping at some point the ability to customize an animated Video to the start up will be possible.....
Well heck there's the issue for me! I'm running all Macs! So when I can use a PC what's this 2 folder system you mention?
Old 01-25-16, 04:03 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Okay so running PC FAT32 worked like a charm. Thanks HFactor!!!!

Next question, upon start up I still see the black screen for 1 second, the "L" logo for 2 seconds, my custom image for 1 second, black screen for 1 second then the "Drive safely + continue" screen.

Is this normal for everyone or has anyone been able to display their image for the full 5 seconds?
Old 01-25-16, 04:16 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by tompass
Transferred startup image only appears for a second or so
Is yours still doing this same as mine (see above post)? Thanks.
Old 01-27-16, 10:37 AM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

So has anyone been able to get their custom image to last the full 5 seconds and not the 1 second I'm seeing?
Old 01-29-16, 10:24 AM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Where did everyone go? Is there anyone who has successfully added a custom image that works as intended?
Old 02-23-16, 11:51 AM
FunToRide
Driver School Candidate

Default Full screen

Any body succeeded to get the display off image fill the whole screen. I tried several resolution figures including 1280X480 and still get the image as rectangle in the middle of the screen. It will be cool to see the image stretched across the whole screen.
Old 02-24-16, 05:00 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by FunToRide
Any body succeeded to get the display off image fill the whole screen. I tried several resolution figures including 1280X480 and still get the image as rectangle in the middle of the screen. It will be cool to see the image stretched across the whole screen.
I don't believe it's possible. I've tried many different aspect ratios to no avail myself.
Old 05-07-16, 10:50 AM
piliatedwp
Driver School Candidate

Default Customizing pictures

Going NUTS! Trying to customize images for RX 350 2015, Formatted thumb drive on PC, copied images as jpg files to folders that properly labeled , images not large, Did many,many times. lAlways same error message- No images detected. Any suggestions?
Old 05-07-16, 12:34 PM
FunToRide
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by piliatedwp
Going NUTS! Trying to customize images for RX 350 2015, Formatted thumb drive on PC, copied images as jpg files to folders that properly labeled , images not large, Did many,many times. lAlways same error message- No images detected. Any suggestions?
I had a similar issue when the thumb drive was formatted on Mac. I moved images to a Windows PC and followed the same steps. Luckily it worked. To confirm, I went back to Mac and got the same errors. I am not sure what platform you are using but hope it may help you or others
Old 05-07-16, 01:09 PM
xRYD3Rx
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got a custom start up screen, what you guys need help with?
Old 05-11-16, 11:10 AM
Renrutjw
Driver School Candidate

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by xRYD3Rx
I got a custom start up screen, what you guys need help with?
Resolution to fill the screen (like the default image does). Pretty easy to set a picture but it comes up square.
Old 05-12-16, 04:53 AM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Renrutjw
Resolution to fill the screen (like the default image does). Pretty easy to set a picture but it comes up square.
This has been covered and it looks like you cannot fill the whole screen.
Old 05-12-16, 07:59 AM
1111GS

Received 90 Likes on 78 Posts

I spent a good amount of time looking into this a few years ago... I posted a response based on my experience on page 4 in case someone didn't see it.

Quick Reply: 2013 Lexus GS Start Up Screen