GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Predator

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-12, 12:04 PM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by LIMS407
why would you say 3GS was biggest disgrace?? because of sale numbers??

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/7029969-post33.html

I described my thoughts on the 3GS in detail in the link above. Basically, the 3GS is a disgrace as it was the first GS model with poor fundamentals and betrayed the Lexus ethos of great value/utlity AND it almost got Lexus to delete the entire GS line from the Lexus model range(Akio Toyoda's own words).The poor sales numbers of the 3GS is merely a consequence of the inherent shortcomings of the 3GS as a car.

Don't get me wrong. I love the GS range and I don't see myself ever owning any other Lexus except maybe the ISF. Which is why I'm so bitter about the 3GS as it was such a letdown. The 4GS has finally revived my hopes of getting a new GS in years.
Old 02-25-12, 04:33 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
All I'm saying Regg is lets share our thoughts and keep in mind there are 4GS owners around and we don't want a hostile environment for them where they simply don't post or go elsewhere. Again I am not sold on the 4GS either compared to the 3GS we own.
I feel ya.
I did say in one thread I was gonna tone it down a little when members started buying them to prevent offending them. Does anyone around here have one yet? When I see that they do, I'll chill...a little.
Old 02-28-12, 11:10 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Jwall34943
You and your 3GS should stay in the 3GS forum. It's all about new car smells over here.
consider this a warning. please read forum rules on sense of community. members are free to post their comments as long as they are being constructive. if you don't like certain comments you can ignore the or report them.
Old 02-29-12, 01:25 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
It is extremely disapointing to see O.Gs and leadership bash the car in multiple threads, draw pics and state the same points over and over.
as an O.G. and 'leadership' here i simply took a comment someone else had said, and put the OP pic on a box, which is a) a joke, and b) consistent with what MOST people have said on here, that the sides and back are bland.

We get it you don't like it. Lexus was well aware this face was going to not be attractive to people. We have to remember this is Club Lexus, this is the 4GS forum and there are owners here and lurkers who do like the styling.
style and content of each and every model is discussed pro and con in each forum (and every other brand in car chat). this isn't club-fawning-only-allowed-on-lexus.com. critique, and yes, humor, is welcomed.

This is the face of Lexus love it or hate it.
personally, i don't hate it overall, and i think it's going to work for the brand, but i think the execution on the GS could have been better, which you yourself have said i believe. the f-sport front is just not congruent with the rest of the car (like owen wilson's nose ) - distinctive yes, but that's not always a good thing, while the non f-sport one is more subdued of course, and doesn't stand out too much.

anyway, my pic was a joke, and if it offended you or anyone, i apologize.
Old 02-29-12, 07:53 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I actually like the new GS. Of course, I look at it from the perspective as an opportunity to customize and individualize it; I'd do suspension, wheels, and a subtle kit, of course.

I'm glad Lexus decided to be a bit bold with the front end. The same people who are complaining that they don't like it would almost certainly complain if it was too conservative or too derivative. At least the new GS is distinctive from the front.

I actually thought this was a better comparison, at least for the mid/lower portion of the grille: