GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Predator

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-12, 12:13 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Liferules
Its funny hearing all the bashing about the new grill. I bought one of the 1st A6's when they were the initial standard bearer of the new Audi grill which is now on every model they sell. At the time there was so much similar bashing about how it looked like a fish with its mouth open, didn't meld with the rest of the design, etc.... now its recognized as one of the best grills in the luxury/sport class and essentially the signature of an Audi. Obviously time will ultimately tell, but my opinion is that the new Lexus "spindle" grills are step in the right direction. About time Lexus got a little bolder in appearance. I, for one, like it.
i never said the grille looks ok now on audi and recognized as one of the best grilles in luxury / sport class? since when? i still hear a lot of people not liking the grille.

of course time will tell. after so many years the acura grille design still gives me goose bumps
Old 02-23-12, 02:20 PM
Leo23
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its funny hearing all the bashing about the new grill. I bought one of the 1st A6's when they were the initial standard bearer of the new Audi grill which is now on every model they sell. At the time there was so much similar bashing about how it looked like a fish with its mouth open, didn't meld with the rest of the design, etc.... now its recognized as one of the best grills in the luxury/sport class and essentially the signature of an Audi. Obviously time will ultimately tell, but my opinion is that the new Lexus "spindle" grills are step in the right direction. About time Lexus got a little bolder in appearance. I, for one, like it.
Who's bashing the grill?
I said, and I am not alone, I think, that as a whole, the car does not display a coherent design - like an Audi. Please re-read my thread if you're interested.

By the way Bitkahuna posted a photo. that pretty much summarizes it!!
Old 02-23-12, 05:26 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The Audi grill doesn't protrude like a snout. It doesn't look like it was slapped on like an after thought. Big difference from that thing on the front of the GS.

Perfect example is the concept LF-LC. It has the spindle grill but it looks much nicer. It looks like it belongs. It looks melded into the design. Not an after thought. Not like a snout.
Old 02-23-12, 06:53 PM
Liferules
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Leo23
Who's bashing the grill?
I said, and I am not alone, I think, that as a whole, the car does not display a coherent design - like an Audi. Please re-read my thread if you're interested.

By the way Bitkahuna posted a photo. that pretty much summarizes it!!
no, not interested. As I said, just my opinion. You can differ. I don't recall singling out your post.

Originally Posted by Ice350
The Audi grill doesn't protrude like a snout. It doesn't look like it was slapped on like an after thought. Big difference from that thing on the front of the GS.
Is there an echo in here? I feel like I've heard you say that before.

Just pointing out that the Audi had similar opinions when it first came out and yet is now accepted as the de facto Audi standard.
Old 02-23-12, 08:02 PM
jtamulis
Pole Position

Ahahahhahahaha
Old 02-24-12, 10:21 AM
Leo23
Driver

no, not interested. As I said, just my opinion. You can differ. I don't recall singling out your post.

Is there an echo in here? I feel like I've heard you say that before.

Just pointing out that the Audi had similar opinions when it first came out and yet is now accepted as the de facto Audi standard.
Mhmm...I just want to make sure that you understand what exactly is being "bashed" here, by a few, since you seem to contrive what said...
Old 02-24-12, 10:36 AM
Liferules
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Leo23
Mhmm...I just want to make sure that you understand what exactly is being "bashed" here, by a few, since you seem to contrive what said...
Let's see...this is a thread entitled "Predator" comparing the face of the new Lexus GS 350 with that of the predator and feeling they are similar... forgive me if I misunderstood this as a negative comparison. I didn't know "your face looks like the predator's" was a compliment in some parts...
Old 02-24-12, 12:45 PM
On3racing
Rookie

Default predator

Everytime I see the 4GS grill, I think of the Predator from the movies. It's gotta look similar to someone other than me.

WATCH OUT!
Gonna eat all the competitors up.

So, here you go for a good laugh.

Last edited by On3racing; 02-24-12 at 12:50 PM.
Old 02-24-12, 02:09 PM
LexFather

Let's see...this is a thread entitled "Predator" comparing the face of the new Lexus GS 350 with that of the predator and feeling they are similar... forgive me if I misunderstood this as a negative comparison. I didn't know "your face looks like the predator's" was a compliment in some parts...
Agree 100%. It is extremely disapointing to see O.Gs and leadership bash the car in multiple threads, draw pics and state the same points over and over. It is perfectly fine not to own a Lexus anymore or have one and not like the styling direction but lets be mindful there are still thousands of people buying them that do like it.

We get it you don't like it. Lexus was well aware this face was going to not be attractive to people. We have to remember this is Club Lexus, this is the 4GS forum and there are owners here and lurkers who do like the styling.

Fine, you think it looks like the predator and at this point its not original b/c this was stated a year ago. It has almost been a year since the new face debuted. The new face is now on the RX, LX, new ES coming and somewhat already on the HS/CT. This is the face of Lexus love it or hate it.

If you actually read what I said I am not defending the styling. I am still 50/50 with it. However I am not going to go in the 4GS forum, 6ES, forum etc etc and constantly rehash how the front end and new styling sucks and I hate it.
Old 02-24-12, 02:40 PM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Agree 100%. It is extremely disapointing to see O.Gs and leadership bash the car in multiple threads, draw pics and state the same points over and over. It is perfectly fine not to own a Lexus anymore or have one and not like the styling direction but lets be mindful there are still thousands of people buying them that do like it.

We get it you don't like it. Lexus was well aware this face was going to not be attractive to people. We have to remember this is Club Lexus, this is the 4GS forum and there are owners here and lurkers who do like the styling.

Fine, you think it looks like the predator and at this point its not original b/c this was stated a year ago. It has almost been a year since the new face debuted. The new face is now on the RX, LX, new ES coming and somewhat already on the HS/CT. This is the face of Lexus love it or hate it.

If you actually read what I said I am not defending the styling. I am still 50/50 with it. However I am not going to go in the 4GS forum, 6ES, forum etc etc and constantly rehash how the front end and new styling sucks and I hate it.
I agree let it go already, I love the youthful & aggressive new face of Lexus something a lot of us wanted from them, due to do called 'Bland' 'Vanilla' and boring styling. Then ppl whine about how Lexus is not listning to us etc, fast fwd viola here we are today with Lexus answer and now cats hate the progressive movement of the brand SMDH!
Old 02-24-12, 02:46 PM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

I also agree with 1.

I remember when Chris Bangle designed BMW's and how it seemed the whole world hated it. But many automobile manufacturer's copied in one way shape or form. Chris tried something different and so is Lexus. I'm okay with the new grill. I like it on the GS and the LX, so so on the RX and not really feeling it on the 6ES.

Either way quitchabeotchin...state it once or twice then move on...
Old 02-24-12, 03:04 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts

JDM Spec.... !! I like it..

Source: http://autoc-one.jp/lexus/gs/joycar-973540/

~ Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 02-24-12 at 03:10 PM.
Old 02-24-12, 08:14 PM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

^^^^
Does "JDM spec" mean that a hot girl comes with every JDM GS350?
If so, I'll take 2 cars please
Old 02-25-12, 04:42 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX

C'mon Mike, don't be so serious!
Old 02-25-12, 10:49 AM
LexFather

C'mon Mike, don't be so serious!
All I'm saying Regg is lets share our thoughts and keep in mind there are 4GS owners around and we don't want a hostile environment for them where they simply don't post or go elsewhere. Again I am not sold on the 4GS either compared to the 3GS we own.

Quick Reply: Predator