GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

SuperCharged 4GS F-Sport?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-11, 09:22 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I don't know if this has been mention already, I didn't read the entire thread.

A supercharged version of the Toyota 3.5L V6 is already U.S. EPA certified and being sold in the U.S., the car is already in customer's hand. It is in the Lotus Evora S. But that motor is the non-DI Camry motor, not the DI motor in the IS and GS. It makes 345 hp without DI, but Lotus generally run a more aggressive tune. So 360 hp with DI certified for use in the U.S. is totally realistic. The engineering is mostly done.
Old 09-18-11, 07:21 PM
2gs4u8
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

woww thats going to be alot of power in the streeets!!!
Old 09-26-11, 01:57 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The F-Sport won't have a supercharger. The journalists got to drive the F-Sport model in the preview test. They said the power was the same but the handling was improved relative to the base model.
Old 09-26-11, 03:30 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

it could still be an option... SC on GR has been sold in Japan for a while as well as under Lotus brand.
Old 09-27-11, 09:00 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
it could still be an option... SC on GR has been sold in Japan for a while as well as under Lotus brand.
Notice Toyota/Lexus engineers their engine for optimal reliability and longevity, Lotus however's goal is for more horsepower...not so much longevity. It would be great to see an S/C for the new GS, but I personally think the F-Sport GS will follow the same lines as the rest of the factory F-Sport offerings...sporty exterior and interior items and a suspension tuned a bit more agressive than the regular version.
Old 09-27-11, 09:12 AM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think we're all just setting ourselves up for disappointment, lets not get our hopes up because the GS is probably not gonna be boosted.
Old 09-27-11, 11:18 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SRTGS300
I think we're all just setting ourselves up for disappointment, lets not get our hopes up because the GS is probably not gonna be boosted.
It's like the 450hp GS450h thread all over again.
Old 09-27-11, 01:06 PM
LexFather

Not sure who has their hopes up and the 450hp thread was full of people saying the obvious, it was a typo...lets not be drama queens.

It is obvious the car will not be supercharged. I will be at SEMA and will do my best to take tons of pics and try to talk to Lexus employees about the car.
Old 09-27-11, 08:48 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Personally I have to believe Lexus is developing Electric Superchargers. Forced Induction will be key to achieving CAFE goals without losing the HP war - not hybrid synergy drive alone.

But not this quickly.
Old 09-27-11, 09:48 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

bottom line, allow me to be blunt, but i have yet to see anything really exciting about the performance of the 4gs.
Old 09-27-11, 10:55 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by flipside909
Notice Toyota/Lexus engineers their engine for optimal reliability and longevity, Lotus however's goal is for more horsepower...not so much longevity. It would be great to see an S/C for the new GS, but I personally think the F-Sport GS will follow the same lines as the rest of the factory F-Sport offerings...sporty exterior and interior items and a suspension tuned a bit more agressive than the regular version.
what id like to see is how much of the ride comfort is lost due to the more sport tuned suspensions
if not much, id love to consider F-sport

since the base GS is going to be more sporty than before, hopefully F-sport 4GS wont be too aggressive on suspension setup where it becomes a harsh ride

but im sure lexus will always be a lexus
comfortable is still in their top 3 goals
Old 10-04-11, 09:26 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by *Batman*
Personally I have to believe Lexus is developing Electric Superchargers.
Funny, I did an analysis of this idea for a business class in college. I applied engineering principles from my engineering courses.

From a business & engineering view, it didn't work.

A hot rod Lexus model with little/no horsepower gains? Way to set the bar, Lexus!
Old 10-05-11, 08:01 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1sicklex
i will be at sema and will do my best to take tons of pics and try to talk to lexus employees about the car.
lobby for the v8!!!
Old 10-11-11, 08:32 AM
Driver School Candidate

they should do it. would be fun to hear the spooling sound
Old 10-12-11, 11:31 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by UberNoob
what id like to see is how much of the ride comfort is lost due to the more sport tuned suspensions
if not much, id love to consider F-sport

since the base GS is going to be more sporty than before, hopefully F-sport 4GS wont be too aggressive on suspension setup where it becomes a harsh ride

but im sure lexus will always be a lexus
comfortable is still in their top 3 goals
Yeah thats the tricky part of a sport suspension. It's almost defying the laws of physics, we would like both, but we can really only have one. I know for a fact BMW has it on point with the 5 Series M-Sport and of course M (with the aid of adjustable suspension). One positive thing I see and it was a long time coming, the use of AVS with "SPORT +" mode on the F-Sport car. This is exciting to see because I feel the IS F should have had this as well as the LFA from the start. But unfortunately Toyota likes to engineer and produce things backwards sometimes. One day they will get it...especially with their pledge to bringing fun-to-drive back in the line up.

Quick Reply: SuperCharged 4GS F-Sport?