GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Like the car a lot, nevertheless; Disappointed..

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-11, 06:00 PM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ndk83
Thats the old generation Toyota Aurion w a trd rear valance. (the car is designed by TRD Australia and is the Asia and Ozzy market v6 camry. )
That's not the TRD.
Old 08-24-11, 11:01 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by mikemareen
to be honest, I got more feeling when I first saw the upcoming hyundai Azera....the new 4gs is nice, I like the front end aggressive design but the rest of the car design leaves a little more to be desired.

lexus is going to be in trouble when one compares this new GS at 45k to the up-coming hyundai Azera.

Yeah some will dis-agree and say you can't compare as they are two totally different points...but I see potential customers running the other way.
There wil be 4 people to seriously crossshop the two and one may buy the Kia.. No one cares about the FWD, ES fighting Azera, this is a RWD looking to be a class leading GS sedan.

3 people ran the other way to the Genesis from the GS. It wasn't no exodus. Do you think they now will jump to a FWD Kia?

Waiter, reality check please!
Old 08-24-11, 11:25 PM
ndk83
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Rashoodz
That's not the TRD.
your right i didnt mean it was the TRD version. but it has that sports kit rear valance on it. looks trd inspired.

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
There wil be 4 people to seriously crossshop the two and one may buy the Kia.. No one cares about the FWD, ES fighting Azera, this is a RWD looking to be a class leading GS sedan.

3 people ran the other way to the Genesis from the GS. It wasn't no exodus. Do you think they now will jump to a FWD Kia?

agreed, i think what he meant though is that the people who'd have to stretch them selves a bit financially to get the GS might opt to go for the Hyundai or Kia instead. It would interesting to know those figures, we r young and race influenced, so we want rear wheel drive cars cause it makes the world of difference to us, but alot of people couldnt care less. I bet that half the women and a good number of dudes that own lexus dont even know that they are rear wheel drive cars. The ES is testament to that

Oh fyi, i saw ur car on the vossen website and it looks the business. good choice on wheels and color, looks sick
Old 08-25-11, 06:46 AM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well 25k in savings is a good reason! I don't own a hyundai no more but here in so cal they are taking the market like crazy!!

made in korea is the new made in japan.

Kia is suppose to come out with a rear wheel drive performance sedan...I love lexus and toyota but sooner or later people will really start to compare things at it's core rather than the marketing.

Old 08-25-11, 09:52 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by ndk83
y

agreed, i think what he meant though is that the people who'd have to stretch them selves a bit financially to get the GS might opt to go for the Hyundai or Kia instead. It would interesting to know those figures, we r young and race influenced, so we want rear wheel drive cars cause it makes the world of difference to us, but alot of people couldnt care less. I bet that half the women and a good number of dudes that own lexus dont even know that they are rear wheel drive cars. The ES is testament to that

Oh fyi, i saw ur car on the vossen website and it looks the business. good choice on wheels and color, looks sick
Thanks ndk83, I appreciate the compliments.

well 25k in savings is a good reason! I don't own a hyundai no more but here in so cal they are taking the market like crazy!!

made in korea is the new made in japan.

Kia is suppose to come out with a rear wheel drive performance sedan...I love lexus and toyota but sooner or later people will really start to compare things at it's core rather than the marketing.
25k in savings for 25k of a lesser car. Its not the same car. I'm happy for Hyundai/Kia but I also don't think they are the 2nd coming and here to save us all. The Genesis never met sales goals, Lexus sells as many LS in a week the Equus sells in a month and the LS is old. Kia/Hyundai will find some buyers to purchase their upmarket cars, that is all.

Made in Korea is the new Korea. Its not the new Japan.
Old 08-25-11, 10:35 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

3 people ran the other way to the Genesis from the GS. It wasn't no exodus.
it is when there's only 6 buyers of GS

The Genesis never met sales goals
genesis is selling well (sedan probably outsells gs 3-4 : 1) so i doubt hyundai is upset. it is a serious recession.

but yes, even the 3GS is more luxurious in some ways, but the genesis is roomier and more conservative.

sales numbers for 4GS will be interesting. no doubt it will come out of the gate strong though. pricing will be interesting too... with no v8 and with the hybrid likely to be typically available as loaded ($$$) only, the 350 is likely to have a wider options list, with price REALLY climbing from base, more like bmw/mercedes. but without attractive leases, it could be a real eye-opener to buy.

hope it does well for lexus though!
Old 08-25-11, 10:43 AM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

yes hyundai is totally taking over big time, my work parking now has 4 sonata owner and 1 just bought a optima.

the landscape has changed big time, I saw 4 young guys drooling over the genesis sedan the other day. U can really see the difference now it's not even funny.

Originally Posted by bitkahuna

genesis is selling well (sedan probably outsells gs 3-4 : 1) so i doubt hyundai is upset. it is a serious recession.

but yes, even the 3GS is more luxurious in some ways, but the genesis is roomier and more conservative.

sales numbers for 4GS will be interesting. no doubt it will come out of the gate strong though. pricing will be interesting too... with no v8 and with the hybrid likely to be typically available as loaded ($$$) only, the 350 is likely to have a wider options list, with price REALLY climbing from base, more like bmw/mercedes. but without attractive leases, it could be a real eye-opener to buy.

Old 08-25-11, 10:44 AM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

id have to disagree totally, made in korea now sparks quality like the term "made in japan".

the landscape has totally changed, hopefully you will see it soon.

Thanks ndk83, I appreciate the compliments.

25k in savings for 25k of a lesser car. Its not the same car. I'm happy for Hyundai/Kia but I also don't think they are the 2nd coming and here to save us all. The Genesis never met sales goals, Lexus sells as many LS in a week the Equus sells in a month and the LS is old. Kia/Hyundai will find some buyers to purchase their upmarket cars, that is all.

Made in Korea is the new Korea. Its not the new Japan.
Old 08-25-11, 10:46 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

i saw a pretty bad *** (even felt weird admiring it and saying that is cool to someone standing by me at the time) genesis at the ocean city car show 2 months ago i think, that was vip'ed out with a big *** inter cooler up in the front bumper. it had some 22's slammed air susp with a nice kit. it was debadged so i think this helped me to think it was cool and the grill was aftermarket too.
Old 08-25-11, 10:47 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

id have to disagree totally, made in korea now sparks quality like the term "made in japan".

where does this mean quality ???

to the uninformed perhaps, oh wait thats most of the u.s. public...
Old 08-25-11, 10:55 AM
LexFather

When you can point out to me when the Genesis SEDAN (not the 20-30k coupe) sells 25,000 plus copies like the GS did from 98-01 and 05-07 let me know please. Its easy to pick on an older GS

When you can LEASE a GS for $399 a month like you can with the Genessis let me know please.

When you can go to Costco and buy a GS for $28,000 like you can the Genesiss, let me know please.

The Genesis is a 32-45k car. Its a great car. The price for the Genesis LITERALLY ENDS where the base GS 350 starts.

Then it still didn't meet sales goals and its 15 grand cheaper. They wanted to sell 50,000 copies of the coupe/sedan a year with 20k being sedans. Didn't happen.

Its amazing to me people want to harp on the GS not selling and make excuses or ignore why the Genesis sedan isn't selling (though figures seem to have picked up).

I think it will sell 1,500-2k tops as there is no V-8 and no GS 250 base model. Lexus shot themselves in the foot offering a GS 350 only and a hybrid only. That is only two models. They need more models, a GS coupe etc to make inroads in this class.

yes hyundai is totally taking over big time, my work parking now has 4 sonata owner and 1 just bought a optima.

the landscape has changed big time, I saw 4 young guys drooling over the genesis sedan the other day. U can really see the difference now it's not even funny.
Old Camry outsold new Sonata and Optima combined last month. We all know Hyundai/Kia is growing, do we have to be reminded in a GS thread? Did I enter the wrong thread and site?

I do see tons, blocking the fast lane, double parking and acting like they drive Bentleys.

See what I did, the same thing you did, antecedal evidence.

No it doesn't. Heck I bet 25-35% of the people think a Korean product is Japanese. I enjoy my LG, Samsung etc products but I also enjoy my Sony, Canon, Lexus products etc....

Wait, what on earth am I responding too? Another Hyundai/Kia commercial?

Can we talk about the GS please.
Old 08-25-11, 11:12 AM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

actually most japanese branded products are now made in china...

I still have to disagree, I feel the perception has changed big time for korean cars.

U can definitely still have your opinion but other's have the right to have their own opinion.

No it doesn't. Heck I bet 25-35% of the people think a Korean product is Japanese. I enjoy my LG, Samsung etc products but I also enjoy my Sony, Canon, Lexus products etc....

Wait, what on earth am I responding too? Another Hyundai/Kia commercial?

Can we talk about the GS please.
Old 08-25-11, 11:58 AM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

actually most japanese branded products are now made in china...

I still have to disagree, I feel the perception has changed big time for korean cars.

U can definitely still have your opinion but other's have the right to have their own opinion.
Do you own a Korean made auto yet? Be the pioneer and buy one and tell us what you think.

Most of us ASIANs living in the states do NOT like Korean made auto. For us, for premium you go Lexus, BMW, MB. For maintream you go Toyota, Honda, Nissan. For myself, I don't see that I will consider a Korean made auto for at least another 10 years.
Old 08-25-11, 12:00 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

here is my order of quality/price

1. japan/ most expensive
2. u.S/
3. korea
4. china
4. hecho in mexico
Old 08-25-11, 12:03 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GoHuskers
Do you own a Korean made auto yet? Be the pioneer and buy one and tell us what you think.

Most of us ASIANs living in the states do NOT like Korean made auto. For us, for premium you go Lexus, BMW, MB. For maintream you go Toyota, Honda, Nissan. For myself, I don't see that I will consider a Korean made auto for at least another 10 years.
honestly though i do see a lot of koreans driving hyundai's... i sort of laugh when i see this, cuz that means i should be driving what, a ford truck ??? really¿

Quick Reply: Like the car a lot, nevertheless; Disappointed..