GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

F-Sport spotted!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-11, 04:27 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

Originally Posted by BNR34
Don't worry, all Lexus cars suppose to come with zero wheel gaps and flush aggressive offset wheels, as shown by the GS350, LS600hL, GS400 and IS-F Lexus put on their offical press release

All Lexus you see with giant wheel gaps and weak conservative wheel fitment are photoshopped by Lexus hater to make them look bad
i realize you're being sarcastic, but your second comment in particular could be viewed as baiting and it's not true.
Old 08-22-11, 04:46 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
i realize you're being sarcastic, but your second comment in particular could be viewed as baiting and it's not true.
I don't know which 2nd comment you are referring to, but if it is wrong, I am sorry. I was just being sarcastic

I will stop now.
Old 08-23-11, 04:44 AM
JDMToyotas
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sucks that Lexus stop their cars for press shots and not the actually production cars.

But If Lexus lowers them to looks good for press pics why not just keep them like this off the production line ? If they think this looks good why change it lol

That pic of the RED GS400 I always wondered why it looked so low..... my 99 GS400 gap is very noticeable.

But Im using since Lexus is about Luxury and all a low ride height wouldn't translate well for a nice ride.

Last edited by JDMToyotas; 08-24-11 at 12:31 PM.
Old 08-23-11, 04:51 AM
JDMToyotas
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SNiiP3R

IDK what some of you guys are going on about... the cars in the pics above look HOT. Very stylish, fresh and modern. Better then BMW (too boring), MERC ( more of the same )and Audi ( ugly ) have out right now

I love the front of the car it looks wide and that gray color is also very nice and im not usually one for grey cars. If the car ride height is a little too much for someone people that an easy problem that some lowering springs can fix

Also does this mean no GSF ? :-( Just like the ISF vs the IS350 F-Sport, the F is more beefy body wise and lower and wider. Im guessing the GSF will follow suit

Last edited by JDMToyotas; 08-23-11 at 04:58 AM.
Old 08-23-11, 12:32 PM
caveman
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SNiiP3R
l

that's some serious body roll. i haven't read up on the f-sport editions, but does lexus typically put in stiffer springs/shocks for the f-sport?
Old 08-23-11, 12:58 PM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

The car could be flying into that corner at 150 MPH for all we know :There might be people in the rear, something in the trunk? We have no idea.

Then its not in the corner (the white one) it has exited the corner and the driver has floored it and you can see the weight shift as the nose is sticking up. Looks like fun
Old 08-23-11, 01:37 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by caveman
that's some serious body roll. i haven't read up on the f-sport editions, but does lexus typically put in stiffer springs/shocks for the f-sport?
like i said before we don't know the speed and how the car was driven in the pic. i can tell you with confidence that if i make a fast turn hard enough, it rolls too.

and yes, fsport so far has lowering springs and i think in some cases shocks
Old 08-23-11, 01:40 PM
jre002
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rashoodz

Black interior, Aluminum pedals, aluminum finish on doors, and there's a badge covered on the steering wheel. hmm.

Repost?

Source
^^ All leather steering wheel.
Old 08-23-11, 02:46 PM
jjbenzo
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I hope that there will be more options for the interior trim on F-Sport models than just aluminum. Carbon fiber would be a great option along with the new linear espresso wood.
Old 08-23-11, 09:19 PM
JDMToyotas
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by caveman
I got this comment from another post from a BMW blog. I didnt write this.

"It's pretty impossible to really tell by photos since we don't know the road surface, speed, and how the driver is cranking the wheel. You can get any car to roll like that. The one where the passenger side contact patch is off the pavement looks like he's locking it all the way at slow(er) speeds. There will be a variety of body roll all depending on circumstances."

Old 08-24-11, 12:00 AM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Great post. All cars have pitch and yaw, body roll is not pitch. Body roll is a feeling the car gives. I get that it's confusing, but there's actually a difference. Body roll is more like the chassis 'rolling' or flexing in turn in. At least that's how I interpret it.
Old 08-24-11, 12:05 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

and btw, body roll might not be entirely bad thing. it helps a bit on load transfer
Old 08-24-11, 07:14 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMToyotas
the cars in the pics above look HOT. Very stylish, fresh and modern.
if you're not, you should be in marketing.
the 4GS is a pretty 'logical' evolution of the 3GS, 2IS, and CT. i don't find it very 'stylish', fresh, or modern. i think the front is kinda ugly, the rear bland, but the side profile is quite good. the interior though is worlds better than probably anything lexus has done.
Old 08-24-11, 07:41 AM
Itsuki_23
Rookie

Can someone do a photoshop with this picture?

Replace the camo parts with grey paint
Use F-Sport Mesh grille in vents + lower and upper grille (its already mostly there in this picture) + insert lexus badge
F-sport front spoiler
Hybrid triple headlights
Old 08-24-11, 12:29 PM
JDMToyotas
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
if you're not, you should be in marketing.
the 4GS is a pretty 'logical' evolution of the 3GS, 2IS, and CT. i don't find it very 'stylish', fresh, or modern. i think the front is kinda ugly, the rear bland, but the side profile is quite good. the interior though is worlds better than probably anything lexus has done.

LOL marketing? Sorry not my thing... but I still do think the 4GS looks very good

Quick Reply: F-Sport spotted!