GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

2013 Lexus GS350 Hi-Res Photos

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-11, 01:35 PM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh yeah exterior, missed that.

but ya mostly the same thing, the europeans don't don't stray too much from simplicity. They are good at focusing on proportions and emphasizing on timeless styling.

if u look at an older 2000 audi or a bmw, they still look good even today...when u look at a 2000 toyota or lexus, they look dated...most of the time at least.

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
I was talking about the exterior, but none the less, the interior of the 5 Series is leaps and bounds above the E60...a pretty huge upgrade.
Old 08-29-11, 01:48 PM
NCGS350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
Exterior of that A6 is painstakingly bland. Wow.

Agreed. I am conservative as they come and that car is dull as dishwater. It also looks cheap. FAIL.
Old 08-31-11, 06:56 AM
JDMToyotas
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
It's really growing on me... I am even forgiving them for basically slapping a Sonata rear end on this car.

Its hyndai who has been copyin the japanese designs The rear end of this new GS looks like a mash up with the Lexus IS and Lexus CTh
Old 08-31-11, 09:22 AM
Poppi
Driver School Candidate

I still have not found out how to upload pictures. I've looked for buttons to "manage" it and just flat not seeing it/them.
Old 08-31-11, 09:52 AM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Poppi
I still have not found out how to upload pictures. I've looked for buttons to "manage" it and just flat not seeing it/them.
Head on over to imgur.com upload your images, copy the direct link and paste it in your post inside [img][/img] tags (i.e. [img]directlink[/img] ).
Old 08-31-11, 09:00 PM
mr. tetsuo
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm not a big fan of the redesign. Absolutely love the int tho. Its gorgeous.

The hood has some nice lines. The headlights look exactly like every other new Lexus. I miss the extra high-beam housing the previous two generations had which gave the GS character IMO. LED DRL strip is getting to be played out IMO. Kias are starting to come with them now even. It worked for Audi and should stay there. Another thing is the lines from the grille running to the air dam. Also played out by other companies IMO. From the side, it looks like an elongated 2IS because of the side mirrors and door handles. For the rear, I love the exhaust outlets. The trunk and tail light area looks like a sonota/ES mix IMO.

Overall, its a step back from the classy Lexus I am used to, but reserve final judgement until I see one in person.
Old 09-01-11, 04:04 PM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Krew
Just loaded up the USB stick given out at the 2013 Lexus GS debut, and was surprised to find a set of previously unseen images, all perfect for desktop wallpapers. Here they are:

Have to share a couple photos of the actual USB stick these photos came on, it’s pretty hilarious:

Haha nice.

Source <-- Wallpaper sizes.
Old 09-01-11, 04:10 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

very funny :-)
Old 09-02-11, 05:47 AM
Zoilus
Driver School Candidate

Although I am sure the car will be technically great .... there are a few things that bother me about the this new GS

- The front end looks almost EXACTLY like a freakin Lancer Evolution!

- Like every single other company .. The logo on the front end is as big as the center of the WWE championship belt!

- The interior is nice for sure, But Wheres the sense of upscale posh-ness? Wheres the WOW factor that as soon as someone opens the door, they instantly know this is an upscale luxury car? Again like every other car they just threw a bunch of technical stuff in your face.

- There is no "GS" distinction. No split lights in the front, no dual tail lamps in the rear (neither separated like 2GS nor together like 3GS). The "attitude" that was so prevalent in the first 2 generations then started to die out with the 3rd...is now gone.

Overall, with a rear end that is a cross of a Buick Regal, Hyundai Sonata, an Audi... a Mitsubishi front end and sides that look like an elongated IS350, the exterior for me falls very short.

The interior is clean, smooth and nice BUT again this is a LUXURY car. Where's the OPULENCE? Hell, take a look at a pic of a fully loaded 2011 Chevy Cruz interior for pete's sake or even the one in a Buick or the top of the line Mercury...nothing in this new GS interior screams "IM a Lexus" except that gigantic L on the steering wheel.

Overall...its a big for me.
Old 09-02-11, 12:26 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

Cruze vs GS? interesting.
Old 09-02-11, 12:53 PM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Zoilus
- The front end looks almost EXACTLY like a freakin Lancer Evolution!
This is your flaw number 1. No 2 things will be EXACTLY the same.

The interior is clean, smooth and nice BUT again this is a LUXURY car. Where's the OPULENCE?
So you say that the 5-series and A6 have these WOW factors and the GS does not - bias?
Hell, take a look at a pic of a fully loaded 2011 Chevy Cruz interior for pete's sake or even the one in a Buick or the top of the line Mercury...nothing in this new GS interior screams "IM a Lexus" except that gigantic L on the steering wheel.
Did you FEEL/Touch or see the actual product in person. Please do not compare a lancer or buick or chevy with Lexus materials.
Old 09-02-11, 02:10 PM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You know what? it looks exactly like a car. Just like the Buick, Chevrolet, Mitsubishi, Audi and Hyundai.
Old 09-02-11, 02:29 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Zoilus

The interior is clean, smooth and nice BUT again this is a LUXURY car. Where's the OPULENCE? Hell, take a look at a pic of a fully loaded 2011 Chevy Cruz interior for pete's sake or even the one in a Buick or the top of the line Mercury...nothing in this new GS interior screams "IM a Lexus" except that gigantic L on the steering wheel.

Overall...its a big for me.
Are you serious? For a compact car the Cruze has a pretty nice interior but it is in no way comparable to the GS. This car has stitched leather, wood and metal covering most surfaces whereas almost everything in a Cruze is either hard plastic or not so smooth cloth. The Buicks don't even use real wood or real stitching. It's imitation versus the real thing.

The interior is a high point on this car, among the best in its class.
Old 09-02-11, 09:30 PM
Teddy350
Driver

Cool

Wow!!! Very nice!
Old 09-02-11, 10:56 PM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

OMG, this was hilarious

[QUOTE=Rashoodz;6652126]

We can pleeeeease leave the moaning and b1tching about how ugly the new GS is in the 4GS discussion and the Disappointed thread down below

You guys are more than welcome to complain there.

I want to high-resolution pictures in this thread.

Quick Reply: 2013 Lexus GS350 Hi-Res Photos