GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 4GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-17, 06:28 PM
RainbowTrl
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New (to me) arrival reporting!

1. 2014 CPO GS F-sport
2. Starfire pearl/cabernet
3. Nav, No ML (ML impossible to find in my area!)
4. AWD
5. No DRS
6. Planned mods? Nope!
7. What other cars were you considering? Was considering a CPO TLX, CPO M37 and New Ford Fusion Sport. What did this replace or add to? This replaced an 2005 Subaru Legacy GT

Meet Bianca!

http://imgur.com/a/OveBr
Old 01-31-17, 04:30 PM
Need4Speed
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by RainbowTrl

1. 2014 CPO GS F-sport
4. AWD
5. No DRS
6. Planned mods? Nope!
7. What other cars were you considering? Was considering a CPO TLX, CPO M37 and New Ford Fusion Sport. What did this replace or add to? This replaced an 2005 Subaru Legacy GT

Meet Bianca!

Nice congrats!
Old 02-01-17, 10:17 AM
e60bmw
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 100 Posts

Haven't posted in here yet, I took a different approach from many here. I purchased my car on Ebay sight unseen, it is a rebuilt title car with previous flood damage from VA. Did that make you cringe reading it? Purchased from a seller who has sold many of these types of cars. Car is very clean, and everything works great on it. Looked it all over and the car looks like any sort of other car. It was a 1 owner car. The car was delivered in 5 days and came very dirty, I was a little upset the first night, but it cleaned up well. Cleaned all the surfaces on the car, including baking soda everywhere, and the car smells like the leather seats and fresh.
Price paid: $16k~
2013 GS350 AWD black on black, not sure all the packages it has, I know it at least has cold weather package.
Mileage: 59k
I plan on eventually doing some mods on it, before I even got the car I ordered a Apexi Accel and installed it when I got the car, made a nice difference. Paint has swirl marks from likely going thru auto car washes. I plan on fully detailing the paint with my polisher. I'm very happy with the car, I figured I got it at such a discounted price I could have alot of flexibility for repairs if needed and mods. Only thing needed so far was a brand new set of tires and allignment which has been done.
Welcome to Club Lexus!  4GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-sknojty.jpg
Old 02-01-17, 10:30 AM
shurik74
Advanced

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by e60bmw
Haven't posted in here yet, I took a different approach from many here. I purchased my car on Ebay sight unseen, it is a rebuilt title car with previous flood damage from VA. Did that make you cringe reading it? Purchased from a seller who has sold many of these types of cars. Car is very clean, and everything works great on it. Looked it all over and the car looks like any sort of other car. It was a 1 owner car. The car was delivered in 5 days and came very dirty, I was a little upset the first night, but it cleaned up well. Cleaned all the surfaces on the car, including baking soda everywhere, and the car smells like the leather seats and fresh.
2013 GS350 AWD black on black, not sure all the packages it has, I know it at least has cold weather package.
I plan on eventually doing some mods on it, before I even got the car I ordered a Apexi Accel and installed it when I got the car, made a nice difference. Paint has swirl marks from likely going thru auto car washes. I plan on fully detailing the paint with my polisher. I'm very happy with the car, I figured I got it at such a discounted price I could have alot of flexibility for repairs if needed and mods. Only thing needed so far was a brand new set of tires and allignment which has been done.
Good price for sure... I wish you good luck in long run, I've been dealing with Salvage cars for years but previously flooded is kinda scary and never had one but heard a lot of bad stories.. Most of the issues might start coming later with wiring & connectors. Did seller tell you how high water was? Salt or fresh water? Have you owned a flooded car before?

Don't take me wrong with leaving this kind of reply buddy...
Old 02-01-17, 10:39 AM
e60bmw
Instructor

Originally Posted by shurik74
Good price for sure... I wish you good luck in long run, I've been dealing with Salvage cars for years but previously flooded is kinda scary and never had one but heard a lot of bad stories.. Most of the issues might start coming later with wiring & connectors. Did seller tell you how high water was? Salt or fresh water? Have you owned a flooded car before?

Don't take me wrong with leaving this kind of reply buddy...
Oh yeah I absolutely knew the risks, that was a concern of mine too. It was freshwater, and I believe the water was up to part of the wheels with it not entering the cabin. I checked the connectors and they all looked really well, seat rail screws look like new. Inside of the engine looks as you would expect, there is a bit of rust near one of the components connected to the engine, by serpentine belt, but I see that on even other cars I have. Even under neath the car looks really clean too. I'll post some other pics. I almost purchased a rebuilt M6 last year from a accident but didn't want to mess with repair costs on that thing. The GS was a perfect compromise for 4 doors, and a sporty type of sedan that I like. Plenty of power for me.
Old 02-01-17, 10:41 AM
SC300Es
Pole Position

Received 63 Likes on 44 Posts

1. 2014 CPO GS F-sport
4. AWD
5. No DRS
6. Planned mods? Nope!

Meet Bianca!

Congrats!!

Which dealer did you use?
Old 02-01-17, 10:44 AM
shurik74
Advanced

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

Oh yeah I absolutely knew the risks, that was a concern of mine too. It was freshwater, and I believe the water was up to part of the wheels with it not entering the cabin. I checked the connectors and they all looked really well, seat rail screws look like new. Inside of the engine looks as you would expect, there is a bit of rust near one of the components connected to the engine, by serpentine belt, but I see that on even other cars I have. Even under neath the car looks really clean too. I'll post some other pics. I almost purchased a rebuilt M6 last year from a accident but didn't want to mess with repair costs on that thing. The GS was a perfect compromise for 4 doors, and a sporty type of sedan that I like. Plenty of power for me.
Gotcha... You made a smart move for not getting re-built M6 for sure!!! I"ve been tempted so many times to get salvaged BMW but had to pass on them, only brand new lease from dealer with factory warranty I might get later later later...
Old 02-01-17, 05:40 PM
imdlink
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

e60bmw,
I must say that I did cringe when I started reading your post. However, if you make it through the next few years or longer without any major issues, you're going to come out on top with the price that you paid for that car. Thanks for sharing your story. It was a very good read.
Old 02-03-17, 08:45 AM
OOOOOH
Driver School Candidate

1. 2014 CPO GS F-sport
4. AWD
5. No DRS
6. Planned mods? Nope!

Meet Bianca!

Welcome and congrats! I'm looking for an F-Sport, as well. You're not kidding about the Mark Levinson, I haven't found a SINGLE car that has it! Love the cabernet... it is making it very hard to even consider cars with the black interior.

And I've been considering CPO TLX, as well. I think you definitely made the right decision.

Wow. Gotta say, that's a ballsy move. Hope it works out for you, because that's a hell of a deal if you don't end up having any problems with it.
Old 02-03-17, 11:09 AM
e60bmw
Instructor

Originally Posted by OOOOOH
Welcome and congrats! I'm looking for an F-Sport, as well. You're not kidding about the Mark Levinson, I haven't found a SINGLE car that has it! Love the cabernet... it is making it very hard to even consider cars with the black interior.

And I've been considering CPO TLX, as well. I think you definitely made the right decision.

Wow. Gotta say, that's a ballsy move. Hope it works out for you, because that's a hell of a deal if you don't end up having any problems with it.
Indeed, I was going to buy a fsport with the same year and miles from a friend but this car was $9k less. I plan to keep it for a while and the seller sells other similar cars with good feedback.
Old 02-05-17, 08:58 PM
dgpiii
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default I am here late of the SC 400 side of the world.

Hi, I am new here having just acquired a 2015 GS 350 F Sport!!
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus!  4GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-img_2290.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  4GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-img_2282.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  4GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-img_2284.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  4GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-img_0196.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  4GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-img_2275.jpg  

Welcome to Club Lexus!  4GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-img_0195.jpg  
Old 02-06-17, 09:26 AM
Need4Speed
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by dgpiii
Congrats! Funny I had an SC300 and a Lexus GS350 F-Sport. Both great cars! Please feel free to contact me with any mod questions that you may have.
Old 02-06-17, 09:39 AM
Need4Speed
Former Sponsor

[QUOTE=e60bmw;9757023]Haven't posted in here yet, I took a different approach from many here. I purchased my car on Ebay sight unseen, it is a rebuilt title car with previous flood damage from VA. Did that make you cringe reading it? Purchased from a seller who has sold many of these types of cars. Car is very clean, and everything works great on it. Looked it all over and the car looks like any sort of other car. It was a 1 owner car. The car was delivered in 5 days and came very dirty, I was a little upset the first night, but it cleaned up well. Cleaned all the surfaces on the car, including baking soda everywhere, and the car smells like the leather seats and fresh.
Welcome to Club Lexus!  4GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-sknojty.jpg[/Q

Wow congrats! Thats a great price that you picked it up for. Hope you don't have any wiring issues and enjoy the car for a long time.

I'm also a 4th gen GS owner, please feel free to message me with any mod questions that you may have.
Old 02-06-17, 01:19 PM
OOOOOH
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dgpiii
Congrats! I think you bought exactly the car I'm searching for, as well. Except I'm mainly looking at 2013/2014's.

Would you mind if I asked how many miles, much you paid & where you got it from?
Old 02-06-17, 02:27 PM
dgpiii
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I was looking for a 13 or 14 as well, but found this 15 at a non-Lexus dealer with 21k miles for 36.7k our the door with my 94 SC as a trade in. I am sure I could have gotten more for the SC from the right buyer, but the steering needed work I didn't want to pay for and I didn't want to hassle trying to sell it.
The following users liked this post:
corpnupe85 (02-10-17)

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 4GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!