GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 4GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-16, 06:45 PM
Im2bz2p345
Instructor

Received 207 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by GXtoGStoLS
This is the second GS in our household, the other being a 2015 GS350 F-sport, but this one is MINE, all mine:

1. 2014 GS 450h Luxury version, CPO.
2. Nebula Gray/Flaxen.
3. Navigation, Mark Levinson, HUD, PCS/DRCC, LKA, fully loaded except for a power trunk.
4. RWD.
5. No DRS.
6. Mods: Tint. Want to put Vossen wheels on as soon as I decide which ones and possibly the nav bypass.
7. What other cars were you considering? Audi A7, Mercedes E350, GS F (awesome but not right for me), and Porsche Macan (which I really liked had I wanted to go the SUV route).

I always say I want a German car, but in the end I could not leave Lexus and loved my 2009 GS 450h so much that I wanted another one badly. Love this car, just love it! Favorite car ever. :-)
Congrats!! I know that you mentioned in the hybrid subforum that you had been looking for some time, so it must feel so nice to have the car of your choice finally. I also have a Nebula Gray GS450h, but only a 2013 and not quite as loaded as yours Coming from a Honda Civic though, it was a HUGE upgrade for me. I would love to hear about how you compare the 4GSh to the 3GSh. I remember there being a few people that posted who considered going this route.

Btw, if you don't mind me asking, where in TX are you located? I'm in the ATX these days and have been trying to find another 4GSh on the roads here for a while. I see plenty of GS350's, but I think only Dallas might gobbled the other hybrids, lol.

All the best,

~ Im2bz2p345
Old 04-16-16, 07:39 PM
SRC350F
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Finally got my GS Fsport

1. 2016 GS 350 F sport
2. Obsidian, Black/Naguri
3. Without the luxury lights, ML, power trunk
4. AWD.
5. No DRS.
6. Mods: Takeda CAI and 35% Tints all around (next week). Plan to get a strut bar and coilovers in the near by future and after that new wheels - will start looking around after obtaining the coils. Than from there the exhaust.
7. What other cars were you considering? Traded in RC 350 F sport
Old 04-19-16, 10:29 AM
steph99
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Hi Guys!
Just picked up my first Lexus...I've been an Acura owner forever. I considered picking up an ACURA TLX and I'm very happy I went with the GS 350 F Sport instead.

GS 350 F-sport
Black/Cabernet
Navi / Mark Levinson
RWD
I plan on lowering it a little and tinting the windows soon but at the moment I'm actually enjoying not driving a lowered, stick shift car.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus!  4GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-lexo.jpg  
Old 04-19-16, 06:14 PM
w4rjd
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I traded my loved BMW 528 on a new 2016 GS350. Having had numerous Lexus products in the past the GS was a welcome change. With the Luxury package plus a bunch of features I am still finding this is one fine machine even my wife refuses to drive it.

Amazing performance, confusing cabin technology interface and styling that is love or hate it is fun to drive while very comfortable. Better than a BMW -- time will tell.
Old 04-21-16, 12:44 AM
Deven
Rookie

Just posted in a new thread in the hybrid section.

2015 GS 450h F-sport
Riviera Red/Flaxen
Blind Spot Monitor
Head up Display
Mark Levinson
Navigation
Power Trunk
Intuitive Park Assist
Lexus Dynamic rear Steering
F-sport Package (of course)

Essentially a replacement for my wife's 2003 GS300 (ya it will be her car, but I plan on having some fun with it).
Only 'disappointment' is no fog lights, but to me that is for esthetic reasons only as the triple LED lights are gorgeous.

I have some pictures in the hybrid thread, but will get better ones this weekend.

In the Arizona sun, will definitely get it tinted, usually ones with the highest IR reduction, so I will look at 30-35% (don't like it too dark) either 3M crystalline or Spectra Photosync.

Apart from the major technology upgrade, I am 'shocked' on how stiff the GS450h is in comparison with the 2003 GS. I have not put it through the paces to see how it handles, but I am pleasantly surprised with the 'feel' of the car with the quick spin I had with it this evening. I really think Lexus nailed 'sports sedan' with this one.
Old 04-28-16, 09:57 PM
Chilton88
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2016 GS450h F-Sport

Originally Posted by Deven
Just posted in a new thread in the hybrid section.

2015 GS 450h F-sport
Riviera Red/Flaxen
Blind Spot Monitor
Head up Display
Mark Levinson
Navigation
Power Trunk
Intuitive Park Assist
Lexus Dynamic rear Steering
F-sport Package (of course)

Essentially a replacement for my wife's 2003 GS300 (ya it will be her car, but I plan on having some fun with it).
Only 'disappointment' is no fog lights, but to me that is for esthetic reasons only as the triple LED lights are gorgeous.

I have some pictures in the hybrid thread, but will get better ones this weekend.

In the Arizona sun, will definitely get it tinted, usually ones with the highest IR reduction, so I will look at 30-35% (don't like it too dark) either 3M crystalline or Spectra Photosync.

Apart from the major technology upgrade, I am 'shocked' on how stiff the GS450h is in comparison with the 2003 GS. I have not put it through the paces to see how it handles, but I am pleasantly surprised with the 'feel' of the car with the quick spin I had with it this evening. I really think Lexus nailed 'sports sedan' with this one.

Unicorn car, you are right on the money about the suspension...amazing and beautiful
Old 04-30-16, 06:37 PM
DSP316
Driver School Candidate

Default My first...New(er) toy for an old(er) boy...

My first Lexus…a 2014 L/CPOV

1. GS (Premium with climate/BSM/IPA. Dealerthrew in all-weather mats and body side molding)
2. Ob black
3. Nav and No ML
4. AWD
5. No DRS
6. Planned mods? -Maybe just the "Lexus" logo on the door light.
7. What other cars were you considering? What did this replace or add to? One of the Lexus SUVs. Replaced a Prius.

Cheers!

Dan
Old 05-01-16, 07:44 AM
hos60564
Driver School Candidate

Default 2014 GS350 F-Sport

First Lexus. Traded in my trouble 2005 Acura TL.
Car had less than 11K miles on it. Love it so far.

1. 2014 GS 350 F sport
2. Obsidian, Black
3. Navigation
4. BSM
5. PA
Old 05-01-16, 04:05 PM
Ronin7
Driver School Candidate

Hello everyone. I recently got myself a 2013 Lexus GS 350 F-Sport. It had 35K miles on it, but it was CPO from a highly trusted dealer so I wasn't too concerned. I've had it for 3 months now and everything has been perfect.

Why did I buy this particular Lexus?
-I preferred the 6-speed vs. the 8-speed. There are different pros and cons, but the 6-speed is more aggressive and responsive. I did the research and based on SW15LS's answer, I got the 6-speed. The 8-speed gets better gas mileage and is better as a cruiser, but I wanted to attack corners and shift more aggressively.
-The dealer I went to is 100% legit. Everyone is always super nice (long after I've bought the car), they don't screw you over, and they will treat you as if you are the only one in the building.
-As part of the Winter Sales Event, I got free scheduled maintenance (I won't have to pay a dime for service until I hit 75K miles), free car washes for life (the dealership is right next to my house), new tires, new brakes, and the 30K service had already been completed.
-I negotiated a great deal. I was very satisfied with how much I paid. When I first went in, I dressed professionally, was very nice to everyone, called everyone Sir and Ma'am, and didn't act like a douche. When you act like a ****, they aren't going to help you.
-I like the looks of the GS over the IS. I liked how bigger and meaner it looked. Size matters. Go ask Captain America.

Were there other cars I looked at?
-I looked at a 2013 Acura TL with SH-AWD, a 2015 Acura TLX, a 2013 Infiniti G37S, and a 2014 Infiniti Q50S.

Acura:
-The 2013 model is awesome. They performed "cosmetic surgery" to enhance the looks of the car. Not big changes, but enough to where it really looked gorgeous. The 2012 was big and butch, but the redesigned 2013 looked sexy. They also upgraded the 5-speed to the 6-speed. I really liked this car.
-I didn't get the 2013 Acura TL because it has known issues with it's propeller shaft and torque converter; these are common faults with the TLs. Even though it can be repaired if it ever malfunctions, I didn't want to risk buying a car with a known transmission issue. Also, the handling has been called "numb" and "lifeless"; bad words to describe a car...
-The new TLX is gorgeous and stunning. BUT the 9-speed gearbox is GARBAGE. I mean 9 freakin' gears! It's always confused and shifts poorly when driving aggressively. They ruined the car with that terrible gearbox!

Infiniti:
-The power from the G37S was intoxicating. The "S" version comes with better brakes, better handling, and better toys versus the standard G37. It also has 328 horsepower vs Lexus's 306 horsepower.
-But I didn't like the looks of the car. I could never get used to how it looked. I guess it's all personal preference, but I think it looks like Jigglypuff.
-I also looked at Q50s, but their navigation/entertainment system is garbage, and their electronic handling/steering is garbage. The electronic steering/handling in the Lexus GS350 isn't perfect, but it isn't nearly as bad as the Infiniti Q50. FYI, the G37 has the PROPER Hydraulic steering and the 2017-18 Q50 will have hydraulic steering back.
-I still recommend the G37S to my friends who are thinking of getting a used car. It's fun, powerful, aggressive and MUCH cheaper than its rivals. But the cons are the car doesn't age well, it isn't as nicely refined as Lexus, and it doesn't have as many nice toys.

What about BMW/Merc/Audi?
These cars are great when they are new, but it's a crap-shoot when buying them used. I realize that buying any used car is a gamble, but not as much with Lexus/Toyota/Honda (essentially Japanese). The German cars are gorgeous, luxurious, and funner than their Japanese rivals, but are notoriously unreliable and expensive to fix. Also, electronic issues seem to be a hot topic among German car owners.
-My neighbor recently bought a CPO 2011 BMW 5 series from a "reputable" dealer. He complained to me that he immediately had problems with his suspension. Then they tried to convince him to replace the entire electronic system in his car. He later found out it was just a relay sensor from an independent mechanic.
-I saw him with a loaner BMW not long after he initially bought his car. I asked him what was wrong and he said it needed service for the suspension; it took about 1 week to get his car back. That is ridiculous.
-He was appalled by their customer service and said he wished he never sold his Golf GTI.

What options were included?
I got the standard F-Sport package:
-Huge navigation screen
-Heated/ventilated seats
-Fully adjustable seats (18-way)

What didn't I get?

I didn't get the Mark Levinson stereo or Dynamic Rear Steering. You don't too many choices in used cars.
But I also don't have PreCollision or Lane departure warning thankfully because those are a pain. I know how to drive! I don't need that crap!

Last words:
Reliability is the biggest reason I got a Lexus. It's nice not to have to worry about my car needing constant repair and maintenance like other cars. I also love how it looks. It looks badass and mean just sitting in my driveway. And finally, the dealership I went to was awesome. Everything went according to plan!
Old 05-01-16, 04:07 PM
Ronin7
Driver School Candidate

Default 2013 GS 350 F-Sport.

2013 GS 350 F-Sport.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus!  4GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-20160206_152633.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  4GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-20160206_152532.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  4GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-20160109_131623.jpg  
Old 05-01-16, 04:26 PM
Ronin7
Driver School Candidate

1. 2013 GS F-Sport (6-Speed > 8-speed)
2. Burgundy/Black (Best color combo in my opinion)
3. Nav/No ML (I wish I had the ML, but I didn't have a choice).
4. RWD (I live in Florida, so AWD is pointless)
5. No DRS (sadly...)
6. Crystalline tint, but that's it. I feel as though the car is pefect the way it is. I love the OEM bodykit, rims, suspension, brakes, etc. Just leave it alone! (Maybe exhaust...)
7. What other cars were you considering?
-Inifinti G37S 2013 (looks like Jigglypuff)
-Infiniti Q50S 2014 (Nav is terrible, handling is rubbish)
-Acura TL 2013 (Transmission, propeller shaft, torque converter issues)
-Acura TLX 2015 (9-speed gearbox is garbage)
-Nissan Maxima 2015 (I hate FWD cars)
-BMW 5 series (too many problems overall and not as reliable)
-Merc C400 (asking too much money)
-Jag XF (Jags are horrendously unreliable)
Old 05-01-16, 08:23 PM
OreoSlinky
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1. 2016 GS 350 F Sport
2. Obsidian/ Rioja Red
3. Nav W/ ML
4. RWD
5. Dynamic Rear Steer
6. Planned mods: still debating but looking at fogs, exhaust, and triple beam led headlights.
7. Other choices were A6/A7, E350, Q50S. All of them were asking too much, especially Infiniti. Lol
Old 05-02-16, 11:30 AM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

Beautiful car, Ronin7. Don't see too many Riviera Red F-Sport GS350s roaming around.
Old 05-02-16, 05:02 PM
Deven
Rookie

Originally Posted by Chilton88

Unicorn car, you are right on the money about the suspension...amazing and beautiful
Nice car. Yours may be the 1st blue hybrid, and F-sport to boot, I have ever seen. Love the new LED lights, and the 2016 makeover really makes the car look even more aggressive. Post some more pictures and details of your beauty when you get a chance.
Old 05-02-16, 08:16 PM
SuperGS
Driver

Originally Posted by Ronin7
1. 2013 GS F-Sport (6-Speed > 8-speed)
2. Burgundy/Black (Best color combo in my opinion)
3. Nav/No ML (I wish I had the ML, but I didn't have a choice).
4. RWD (I live in Florida, so AWD is pointless)
5. No DRS (sadly...)
6. Crystalline tint, but that's it. I feel as though the car is pefect the way it is. I love the OEM bodykit, rims, suspension, brakes, etc. Just leave it alone! (Maybe exhaust...)
7. What other cars were you considering?
-Inifinti G37S 2013 (looks like Jigglypuff)
-Infiniti Q50S 2014 (Nav is terrible, handling is rubbish)
-Acura TL 2013 (Transmission, propeller shaft, torque converter issues)
-Acura TLX 2015 (9-speed gearbox is garbage)
-Nissan Maxima 2015 (I hate FWD cars)
-BMW 5 series (too many problems overall and not as reliable)
-Merc C400 (asking too much money)
-Jag XF (Jags are horrendously unreliable)
Good job man! If you don't mind me asking, how much did you get yours for? I bought mine used for about the same amount of miles. Awd tho no ML . I probably shouldn't care but I didn't get mine from a CPO. 2 of my rims are bent. One different tire from the others, scratches and dings outside and inside aluminum door panels oddly enough. Don't get me wrong I still love my car, I'm putting in the work and money to restore it back to new so I got some sense of pride in it but it is some hassle. Oh I also didn't have floor mats and only one key.

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 4GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!