GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

4GS mega thread (UPDATED; preview drives, specs, more interior pics)

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-11, 01:05 AM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by 8SpdShift
Hmmm... you state you own (or at least are a fan of) the current RX Hybrid, yet, you made a comment as asinine as "...the GS, nor any Lexus for that matter, uses LEDs for anything else besides brake lights."??? I wonder what kind of mythical headlights the HS, RX Hybrid, and LS 600hL use???
He obviously was talking about taillights, the square piece and what inside of it. We all know all new lexus have led license plate lights, interior leds, on doors leds, third brake light and some even have them in the headlights. Why is everyone in defense mode like if someone says something about lexus i am going to kill them. Geez everyone take a CHILL PILL. its a car, people have the rights to they're opinions yes some are stupid and bashing but ita called freedom of speech. If i want to say that the new gs looks like a corola i can ( ill definatly be degenerate if i say that). Lets not get our selfs all nervous and mad until OFFICIAL PICS. we don't even know if the leaked Picture are 100% authentic 4gs. I honestly wouldn't be suprised if like 5 people will get banned from clublexus just because of this thread.
Old 08-18-11, 02:55 AM
8SpdShift
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GS350Lexus
He obviously was talking about taillights, the square piece and what inside of it. We all know all new lexus have led license plate lights, interior leds, on doors leds, third brake light and some even have them in the headlights. Why is everyone in defense mode like if someone says something about lexus i am going to kill them. Geez everyone take a CHILL PILL. its a car, people have the rights to they're opinions yes some are stupid and bashing but ita called freedom of speech. If i want to say that the new gs looks like a corola i can ( ill definatly be degenerate if i say that). Lets not get our selfs all nervous and mad until OFFICIAL PICS. we don't even know if the leaked Picture are 100% authentic 4gs. I honestly wouldn't be suprised if like 5 people will get banned from clublexus just because of this thread.
Excuse me, faux English major, but while you're so antsy to try and prove me wrong, you only ended up making yourself look foolish in the process. True, he might very well have meant what you said... but based on how he wrote out his sentence, it could also be interpreted the way I did. Perhaps he should have invested a couple more seconds to carefully think out what he wants to say, so that there won't be any confusion for any of us. You tell me to "take a chill pill" (wasn't aware anyone was still saying that in 2011), yet you felt so compelled to mash out that huge thesis statement to me over a simple comment that didn't even involve you to begin with??? Hmmm... I don't live my life on ClubLexus. I joined specifically to hear news about the new GS. You might be tempted to slit your wrists in angst because you were banned from these forums, but I could care less. One way or the other, I abide by rules for the most part, and I didn't say anything that was a personal attack or insult... not that I have to explain myself to you volunteer forum police.

Last edited by 8SpdShift; 08-18-11 at 03:00 AM.
Old 08-18-11, 03:46 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
sorry but to date i still think back in 1989, lexus "copied" the w140 but at the same time lexus made so much improvement on top of it. people will argue on that (just like everything else) but that's my belief. and for all i care lexus did one hell of a job and got where they are today mostly due to that start.
Seriously?

FYI, W140 came two or three years after LS400 debuted... and arguably, copied many LS400's overall shape. When LS400 debuted, S class was still riding on W126 chassis.
Old 08-18-11, 04:25 AM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Excuse me, faux English major, but while you're so antsy to try and prove me wrong, you only ended up making yourself look foolish in the process. True, he might very well have meant what you said... but based on how he wrote out his sentence, it could also be interpreted the way I did. Perhaps he should have invested a couple more seconds to carefully think out what he wants to say, so that there won't be any confusion for any of us. You tell me to "take a chill pill" (wasn't aware anyone was still saying that in 2011), yet you felt so compelled to mash out that huge thesis statement to me over a simple comment that didn't even involve you to begin with??? Hmmm... I don't live my life on ClubLexus. I joined specifically to hear news about the new GS. You might be tempted to slit your wrists in angst because you were banned from these forums, but I could care less. One way or the other, I abide by rules for the most part, and I didn't say anything that was a personal attack or insult... not that I have to explain myself to you volunteer forum police.
First of all, I typed all of that on my phone (tiny keyboard small screen rings the bells?). When I mentioned a "chill pill" it was a general statement, not pointed right at you. You're assumptions getting you no where here " You might be tempted to slit your wrists in angst because you were banned from these forums,". volunteer forum police? All I got to say is "LMFAO".
Old 08-18-11, 04:42 AM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Less than 12 hours and counting......
Old 08-18-11, 05:02 AM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
Seriously it's not that bad.
There are no wrong answers when it comes to looks. Looks are totally subjective. If you like it, then you are right - it's a good looking car. If I don't like it, then I'm right, its not.

I'm the first to say that maybe in person, with the right color, right wheel and tire package it might look ok. Maybe it will just grow on me. But from what I see right now I'm very disappointed.

BTW, I think it does look like an Accord from a front 3/4 view, and I've never warmed up to the current Accord. And I"m not biased, I've owned four Accords over the years.

And I actually think the Sonata is a decent looking car from the rear. I just don't want a Lexus that looks almost identical to it.

The side of the car is just plain bland looking. Not ugly, but not an improvement either. The current Lexus is not ugly by any means, and I actually think it has a classy mature look to it - but admittedly a little boring.

Last edited by jjscsix; 08-18-11 at 05:40 AM.
Old 08-18-11, 07:44 AM
Alucard
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If people don't stop arguing, then the Chinese spy photographer has already won!

Old 08-18-11, 07:59 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,097 Likes on 1,360 Posts

Excuse me, faux English major, but while you're so antsy to try and prove me wrong, you only ended up making yourself look foolish in the process.
You tell me to "take a chill pill" (wasn't aware anyone was still saying that in 2011)
You might be tempted to slit your wrists in angst because you were banned from these forums, but I could care less. One way or the other, I abide by rules for the most part, and I didn't say anything that was a personal attack or insult... not that I have to explain myself to you volunteer forum police.
your comments are personal, plus snide remarks about moderators, etc., are way out of line. so don't abide by the rules 'for the most part', do it all the time, or you will no longer participate on CL at all.

if you have any further 'comments' about this, send via PM to me or another moderator.

thank you.

Last edited by bitkahuna; 08-18-11 at 08:02 AM.
Old 08-18-11, 08:02 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,097 Likes on 1,360 Posts

ok folks, the wait is almost over and perhaps we can quit now with the 'who copied who' remarks and other things that are pretty irrelevant.

please keep further comments on 4GS and don't make it personal. people ARE entitled to their own opinions of vehicles, but not spewing out opinions about other users or entire groups of people.

thank you.
Old 08-18-11, 08:33 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Och
Seriously?

FYI, W140 came two or three years after LS400 debuted... and arguably, copied many LS400's overall shape. When LS400 debuted, S class was still riding on W126 chassis.
oops i mixed up the code. i checked and it should be w126, and then advanced from there
Old 08-18-11, 08:42 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 408 Likes on 336 Posts

I certainly hope that the new GS looks a little different from the leaked pictures. I can't stand the way it looks in the leaked photos. It would be a shame if it really did look like that.
Old 08-18-11, 08:48 AM
baddis es
Lexus Champion

aside from the pix...testing on the 4GS has been pretty positive from reviews. the journalists seem to have loved the driveability of the car, so thats a big plus from the 3GS.

i am also sketchy on the styling...but i'll await the release before making a final decision. also, i wouldnt be holding my breath on the ride height changing much. the test cars used by the journalists and the leaked photos seem to be pretty identical.
Old 08-18-11, 09:08 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormforge
touche!

when the 4GSh comes out, i'd really like to hear your opinion about the 4GSh design constraints compared to 3GSh design constraints regarding total system hp output...
Sure, I'll try.

I don't think it will have much, if any, differences. Mostly it will just be carry over I am guessing. Slightly more power if we are lucky (360~380 hp), smaller battery package if they switch to lithium-ion battery, which there is zero indication of that. I think the overall system will just be improved a little.

Which is a great thing. Take good care of your 3GSh and you won't be missing anything. Your 3GSh needs to last until 2018

Is like the LS460 vs. LS430.......no huge improvement at all, just a bunch of little changes. I love my 430, don't crave to have a 460 at all.
Old 08-18-11, 09:11 AM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jjscsix
There are no wrong answers when it comes to looks. Looks are totally subjective. If you like it, then you are right - it's a good looking car. If I don't like it, then I'm right, its not.

I'm the first to say that maybe in person, with the right color, right wheel and tire package it might look ok. Maybe it will just grow on me. But from what I see right now I'm very disappointed.

BTW, I think it does look like an Accord from a front 3/4 view, and I've never warmed up to the current Accord. And I"m not biased, I've owned four Accords over the years.

And I actually think the Sonata is a decent looking car from the rear. I just don't want a Lexus that looks almost identical to it.

The side of the car is just plain bland looking. Not ugly, but not an improvement either. The current Lexus is not ugly by any means, and I actually think it has a classy mature look to it - but admittedly a little boring.
Personally I think even with the official pics this car will need to be seen next to its competition. The important thing will be for it to stand out.

This class of car though is very conservative, it's the E-class that sells the best and it's the most conservative of the group. No matter how much Lexus wanted to re-ignite excitement and attract a younger audience with this car, fact of the matter is most buyers in this segment are older and more conservative in their tastes.

Old 08-18-11, 09:28 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

E-class will sell because it's an E-class and it just so happens that the car is conservative right now. Whether its bland or radical, people will still buy them because of the badge. It's a mainstream midsize luxury car. The E60 5-series was definitely not conservative looking, but they get leased/bought like no other. You have two cars (5 and E) in this segment that are polar opposite in design, yet manages to sell in large quantities.

Quick Reply: 4GS mega thread (UPDATED; preview drives, specs, more interior pics)