GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

4GS mega thread (UPDATED; preview drives, specs, more interior pics)

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-11, 10:48 PM
jre002
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dunnojack
the c pillar is all the way in the back.

you mean the A pillar ?
I know whiere the C-pillar is. lol.

I don't mind the front or the middle. I don't like the rear quarter and trunk design.
Old 07-13-11, 10:50 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

longer wheel base is always welcomed imho. better ride comfort.
Old 07-13-11, 10:51 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by RXSF
I find it funny that we have seen a concept and spy shots of the GS but none of the ES which is supposed to come first, right?
haha yeah, that's how much we don't care? j/k
Old 07-13-11, 11:13 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jre002
I know whiere the C-pillar is. lol.

I don't mind the front or the middle. I don't like the rear quarter and trunk design.
ok. just checking.

because i think everything past the A pillar is "traditional".
Old 07-13-11, 11:20 PM
designo
Pole Position

Received 446 Likes on 283 Posts

I'm loving the suspense you guys are living! LOL
Old 07-13-11, 11:42 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

the GS is the harbinger of the brand's overall design language.
it would make sense to present it before the ES, and maybe that's why we will see the finished product as early as mid august or even end of july, before the ES goes on sale.

and regarding overhangs, bmw killed it. So it's certainly possible, regardless of whatever regulation there is.
both the LFGH and F10 are almost the exact same length.....
Attached Thumbnails 4GS mega thread (UPDATED; preview drives, specs, more interior pics)-5.jpg  

Last edited by dunnojack; 07-13-11 at 11:55 PM.
Old 07-14-11, 03:05 AM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't like where the side mirros are placed
Old 07-14-11, 04:02 AM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
The headlights look pretty large and the hood line seems different than from the concept:

I think I can just make out the edge of the headlights closest to the grill.

Those lines are pretty much spot on. You can tell from a picture above that headlights go into a sharp point and then upper grill bevels out, kind of.

There is a possibility that splitter bar's actual height will be only enough to fit Euro plates. Right now they have the camo cut out to look like a regular upper grill we know from IS and CT. Some pictures suggest something like that, others don't.
Old 07-14-11, 05:06 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

it would make sense to present it before the ES, and maybe that's why we will see the finished product as early as mid august or even end of july, before the ES goes on sale.

and regarding overhangs, bmw killed it. So it's certainly possible, regardless of whatever regulation there is.
well thats it, i will never buy another lexus, ever again.
Old 07-14-11, 05:38 AM
LexFather

Did you go to any design school?

Sorry still wrong. People are saying "oh look like an e60 so comparing it to the f10 is not logical". The e60 had long overhangs.

Comparing a concept to a production car is not logical.

The f10 is based off the larger 7 series so the proportions and size are closer to the 7 series. It lost it's 5 seris backbone.

I guess all that was lost, nope let's just slap a concept GS into a Production BMW and complain.

Old 07-14-11, 05:59 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Did you go to any design school?

Sorry still wrong. People are saying "oh look like an e60 so comparing it to the f10 is not logical". The e60 had long overhangs.

Comparing a concept to a production car is not logical.

The f10 is based off the larger 7 series so the proportions and size are closer to the 7 series. It lost it's 5 seris backbone.

I guess all that was lost, nope let's just slap a concept GS into a Production BMW and complain.
i am sure next get GS will have same proportions (or very similar) as concept... thats good because it means it is not shortened LS.

Current GS350 is 400lbs lighter than 535i, and thats with more standard equipment. No wonder it is faster.

F10 is a pig... lets hope GS does not become one. Apparently both new Yaris and Camry are slightly lighter than before, so there is some hope that GS wont get really porky.
Old 07-14-11, 06:14 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by spwolf
i am sure next get GS will have same proportions (or very similar) as concept... thats good because it means it is not shortened LS.

Current GS350 is 400lbs lighter than 535i, and thats with more standard equipment. No wonder it is faster.

F10 is a pig... lets hope GS does not become one. Apparently both new Yaris and Camry are slightly lighter than before, so there is some hope that GS wont get really porky.
The F10 drives like a 7 series. If Lexus did work on making it a better driving car while being lighter they might have a fun car in this class.

Iv'e driven the F10 on a road course and on the street, its still a great car, its been Lexified/Camryfied. There is no getting around the increased size, mass, weight. It feels more 7 than 5, which seems to be fine with consumers as its selling just as well as any 5 before it.

You can't just add inches to a wheelbase without completely revamping the vehicle inside and out. It sounds so simple on the internet but it is far more complicated than that.

The production car should be shown next month and I'm going to wait it out.

Old 07-14-11, 06:35 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
The F10 drives like a 7 series. If Lexus did work on making it a better driving car while being lighter they might have a fun car in this class.

Iv'e driven the F10 on a road course and on the street, its still a great car, its been Lexified/Camryfied. There is no getting around the increased size, mass, weight. It feels more 7 than 5, which seems to be fine with consumers as its selling just as well as any 5 before it.

You can't just add inches to a wheelbase without completely revamping the vehicle inside and out. It sounds so simple on the internet but it is far more complicated than that.

The production car should be shown next month and I'm going to wait it out.
hopefully Lexus manages to keep the weight down. I remember when everyone called Gen 3 porky car since E60 was 3500lbs, lighter than GS by at least 100lbs.

there was all this talk of "superior german engineering"

:-)
Old 07-14-11, 07:15 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From the most recent spy pics, front overhang looks pretty normal. LF-Gh looked longer for some reason.
Old 07-14-11, 07:16 AM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

So, perhaps this image was not that far off,

looks pretty close to what we are seeing now

Quick Reply: 4GS mega thread (UPDATED; preview drives, specs, more interior pics)