GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

4GS mega thread (UPDATED; preview drives, specs, more interior pics)

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-10, 08:52 AM
LexFather

Nice chops DJ.

I agree that the 3GS has aged very well still looks quite relevant and doesn't look old at all. We all can appreciate Lexus not changing the design every 5 years like it's a Yaris.

The ct front looks better in person but I would like the GS to keep quad lamps

Old 12-31-10, 12:54 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They'll change the headlights to be it's own, not resembling lesser models. The Grille treatment will be chrome on the Hybrid models more than likely, as with the current model. So I can see the HS grille there, but not the whole front end. If there are already people that have the know and say it looks better, the HS or CT front end for the new GS is NOT better, its a copy. IMO of course.
Old 12-31-10, 02:47 PM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well conservative design is a trend now as we can see from E-class, new 5 and new A6 so I dont expect Lexus to be wild with this one. If RX is any indication they are going to play it safe. I wouldnt be surprised if the roofline gets toned down too, I wouldnt like that but I wouldnt be surprised at all.
Old 12-31-10, 04:21 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

i surely hope they keep the quad lights
Old 12-31-10, 05:33 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Vladi
Well conservative design is a trend now as we can see from E-class, new 5 and new A6 so I dont expect Lexus to be wild with this one. If RX is any indication they are going to play it safe. I wouldnt be surprised if the roofline gets toned down too, I wouldnt like that but I wouldnt be surprised at all.

i wouldn't call the E-class front end conservative.
The rest of the car looks nasty though, and they broke the mold by incorporating the crouching tiger around the rear fender.
Old 12-31-10, 11:26 PM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
The GS also loses its quad lamps

Now in Europe Lexus will be hybrid only so it makes sense to hear that there. Not sure would we get both here.
The 1GS didn't have quad lamps. Maybe Lexus will go back to the first generation GS...I also liked the quad lamps as well.
Old 01-01-11, 11:57 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Trexus
The 1GS didn't have quad lamps. Maybe Lexus will go back to the first generation GS...I also liked the quad lamps as well.
Good point. Future quad lamp mod

Old 01-01-11, 01:55 PM
LexusMan77
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Trexus
Also, the LX470 lost its quad lamps when it was redesigned into the LX570.
Old 01-01-11, 06:33 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I would like to see the quad lamps remain, it is a GS distinguishing characteristic, but at the same time it isn't a requirement, maybe they can do something interesting with just 2.
Old 01-02-11, 12:33 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

I definitely wouldn't call the new E Class "conservative" either. It's VERY boxy, angular, and in-your-face styling. It's got a massive Benz symbol on the grille. IMHO it's the very definition of German luxury.

It would be sad to see the GS lose the quad lamps, but 1GS didn't have quad lamps so it's not a huge deal.

The word about the 4GS supposedly offering 2 hybrids in Europe is very interesting. That would easily make it a class leader in terms of hybrid offerings.
Old 01-02-11, 01:35 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

2 hybrids supposedly for the 4GS sounds very interesting .

As for NVH, rigidity, and rattles, Lexus historically was always known to be better than the Germans. Only with recent models in the past few years (mainly the 3GS) did Lexus falter and become roughly equal to the Germans.

Lexus clearly tests their cars, and quite thoroughly. The problem is with the 3GS in particular Lexus relied a lot on computer simulations and did a bit less real world testing than they should have. They also cheapened out a bit on insulation material and interior fasteners.

I would assume that the 4GS will be a big improvement in terms of interior, NVH, rigidity, and rattles over the 3GS.

Toyota has since learned from their mistake and has now gone back to doing more real world testing and relying less on computer simulations.
Old 01-05-11, 01:06 PM
BLAQ ICE
Driver

Default Pandora & Toyota Agreement

Be nice if the next gen GS had pandora installed within the nav unit.

Latest at the CES show in Vegas says Pandora & Toyota have reached an agreement for Pandora to be streamed in Toyota vehicles.
Old 01-06-11, 05:18 AM
GS69
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Post Detroit

Last Updated: January 06. 2011 1:00AM

The Lexus GS is certainly getting long in the tooth, but here's the 1st evidence an all-new model is on the way.

While this Lexus GS "mule" is sporting current bodywork, there are a few noteworthy areas. The tacked-on fender flares indicate that the track has likely grown in width by a few inches. There are also additional body panels that have been shoe-horned into the body in front of the rear tire and behind it. So the GS will likely gain a few inches in length as well.

We hear that Lexus would like to transform the GS into a more performance-oriented car. Along with better performance, rumors of edgier design are circulating.
Old 01-06-11, 08:30 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

i surely hope it's true!!!!!! crossing fingers!
Old 01-06-11, 08:47 AM
LexFather

Hmmmm, the same mule was spotted in October

http://blogs.insideline.com/straight...n-germany.html

Quick Reply: 4GS mega thread (UPDATED; preview drives, specs, more interior pics)