GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

HOW TO: Transfer Contacts to Phonebook on Android

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-17, 06:44 PM
ptplujo
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Lightbulb HOW TO: Transfer Contacts to Phonebook on Android

Hello all,

Here's a quick write up after searching for a while on the forums and not getting or finding a lot of info. I know it may be common sense or not, but just in case anyone was wandering; including all the people that are still buying this great car. On Iphone, I have no idea how the schematics on it is; so this is mainly to Android as I don't own an Apple product.

Before starting, make sure you go to your phone and download this app on the play store. It is free. If you find any other app or anything else that is easier to use, please feel free to let me know so it can be added.

First step: Go to your phone by clicking the headset icon on your steering wheel or in the menu. Click on "Settings."

Second Step: Click on "Phone Book."

Third Step: Click on "Transfer Data." If you'd like, you can delete all data now, or in the next steps. This will delete all data.

Fourth Step: Pick a group if you have anything set up for it. I just picked No Group and did not worry about grouping anything. You can upload individual group contacts if you have that on your phone (see step 7).

Fifth Step: Make sure your phone is already paired with your car. If it is not paired, go ahead and pair it now. Open up the bluetooth app you downloaded and you will see this screen. Click the menu icon (#1) and click "More" (#2)

Sixth Step: Click "Send contacts."

Seventh Step: If you are wanting to group your contacts (step 4) you will see your different groups here. For example, if you have a group for family, work, etc.. it will be listed here and automatically pulled up by the app. You would have to do one group first, then repeat step 4 again for every group you would want to do. Click the star to the right of the group you want to transfer (#1) and it will give you the option to select all of the contacts or just some. Next, click on "Send as single" (#2).

Eight Step: This will list the bluetooth connections you have paired on your phone. In my case, it was "Hands Free." On yours, it may be something else. Click on it to start the transfer and let it do its magic. Once it's done, you have successfully transfered your phonebook contacts.

FIN