GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Brand-New OEM AFS Headlights for less than 2k?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-17, 07:17 PM
ArpusTT
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Brand-New OEM AFS Headlights for less than 2k?

Any possibility of this? Or are new, factory OEM headlights just a fortune no matter what? Buying used is tough. Buying Chinese...out of the question. My lenses are cracked and look like...****, frankly. The car is almost perfect after the work I have put into it....with the exception of the headlights.

Anyone made the investment for new lights? These are past wet-sanding and polishing.

Last edited by ArpusTT; 01-16-17 at 07:25 PM.
Old 01-16-17, 09:29 PM
Sodium
Lead Lap

Received 65 Likes on 57 Posts

Lowest I've seen is $931 per side. So yes, but $1862 isn't much below two grand. Theres a chance you'll find them on eBay for substantially less, but the cheapest I've seen for new OEM with AFS is like $750 or so per side
Old 01-17-17, 11:12 AM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

I'd say buy used but with no cracks on it (sun fade is fine) and have it refinished (or refinish yourself and send it to a body shop to have it re-cleared).

I know exactly what you are referring to btw, not on my car but my uncle's. I buffed out most of the sun damage (except for the cracked portion of the lenses)
Old 01-17-17, 03:07 PM
TRD_Power
Lead Lap

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts

Like XxGoKouxX said, looking for some used ones would be your best bet. Check around junk yards and see if you can find a decent pair to polish up. Back when I screwed my SC400's tail light up, I was amazed to find one within 30 min of searching locally, and it was in mint condition. Think I paid $50 and was good to go. Either way, I know the pain of crappy headlights dragging down the look of your car, but put in some time and look around for a used pair. Buying new is just WAY too expensive.
Old 01-17-17, 04:02 PM
ArpusTT
Driver School Candidate

thanks so much guys,

yeah buying new is just silly. i think ill try and find some clean, used ones and buff and re-clear them. i forgot about the re-clearing option with better used lenses tbh. that would bring them back to 95% or so. the cracks really look rough.
Old 01-17-17, 06:52 PM
Fausty
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

+1 on finding used and refinish them. You would be surprised how much they can improve. Above is after just giving it some elbow grease and a combination of mcguires and insect repellent(OFF brand don't ask me why it just works lol). Imagine if I had sanded/buffed and clear coated them.
Old 01-17-17, 09:07 PM
ArpusTT
Driver School Candidate

ahh lovely turn around on those! i would imagine they would be close to perfect with a three stage wetsand, cut, polish and clear.
Old 01-17-17, 09:29 PM
Fausty
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ArpusTT
ahh lovely turn around on those! i would imagine they would be close to perfect with a three stage wetsand, cut, polish and clear.
most definitely. If that's your car up top your lights look pretty dam perfect along with the paint!
Old 01-18-17, 02:13 AM
Lukas99GS
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

I know mylparts with the club Lexus discount you can get a new set for 18xx but still that's a lot. I've used the sylvania headlight restoration kit on my old 2GS, my friends Is250 and my brothers Altima, and it's by far the best kit I've ever used, it will make crappy headlights look almost factory new, and comes with UV protectant so they don't just get yellow again after a couple months, my old car as well as the others have stayed clear ever since. I'd highly recommend for only $20
Old 01-18-17, 07:13 AM
arnieosp
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

After restoration spend a few bucks and put ClearBra film on the headlights. I did almost 9 years ago and the headlights still look perfect.
Old 01-18-17, 01:31 PM
ReyRey305
Lexus Test Driver

I know you said OEM , but take a look at this for $550 and AFS.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/L-R-AFS-HID-...JXUId6&vxp=mtr
Old 01-18-17, 03:28 PM
speedkar9
Lexus Champion

Received 118 Likes on 89 Posts

Consider vinyl wrapping your headlights, it won't rehaze when the wax coating wears down after a few months. I got mine done with a light blue film, but you can use clear or what ever color you want.

Old 01-18-17, 04:15 PM
Fausty
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ReyRey305

for the price this is what I would do. When are you going to post more pics of your led headlights!
Old 01-18-17, 05:37 PM
ArpusTT
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ReyRey305

these look pretty good....if they held up well over time i would definitely consider. wonder if there are any horror stories with these. you have these? also wow nebula looks amazing on your car
Old 01-18-17, 10:25 PM
ArpusTT
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Fausty
most definitely. If that's your car up top your lights look pretty dam perfect along with the paint!
thanks bro! the clarity isn't bad...no yellowing because I've cut them several times but there is the cracking which is annoying. I spent about 14 hours correcting the paint. the roof, hood and top of the trunk had to be wet sanded. car was in rough shape from the florida sun. close friend is a PDR professional so he went around the car removing all the dings. i work in a service shop. helps lol.

Quick Reply: Brand-New OEM AFS Headlights for less than 2k?