Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

AWD aftermarket Camber kits

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-16, 10:13 AM
ksan
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AWD aftermarket Camber kits

Hi All, Im looking to purchase rear camber kit and front camber kits for my 07 Lexus GS350 AWD ( performance brand) , after doing some research alot of options are typically only available for RWD. Can any of the AWD people that have these suspension upgrades help me with brands or part numbers that you went with? So far I looked at TruHart, and Megan Racing. Also I read the only available options for the front are the SPC adjustable ball joints for the front camber. Are there any other brands that are suggested?

Last edited by ksan; 11-14-16 at 11:30 AM.
Old 11-14-16, 11:23 AM
ServerTech
Pit Crew

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ksan
Hi All, Im looking to purchase rear camber kit and front camber kits for my 07 Lexus GS350 AWD, after doing some research alot of options are typically only available for RWD. Can any of the AWD people that have these suspension upgrades help me with brands or part numbers that you went with? So far I looked at TruHart, and Megan Racing. Are there any other brands that are suggested?
Had my car aligned recently and didn't like the rear camber numbers. Found these parts from Northstar Manufacruring afterwards. My alignment shop uses this brand but hasn't installed them on a Lexus yet. I couldn't get a torque wrench up in there so I didn't install them yet. I just did plenty of other work on the car.

http://www.northstarmfg.com/product/46-2226.html
Attached Thumbnails AWD aftermarket Camber kits-camberrod2.jpg   AWD aftermarket Camber kits-camberrod1.jpg   AWD aftermarket Camber kits-camberrod3.jpg  

Last edited by ServerTech; 11-14-16 at 12:06 PM.
Old 11-14-16, 11:27 AM
ksan
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ServerTech
Had my car aligned recently and didn't like the rear camber numbers. Found these parts from Northstar Manufacruring afterwards. My alignment shop uses this brand but hasn't installed them on a Lexus yet. I couldn't get a torque wrench up in there so I didn't install them yet. I just did plenty of other work on the car.

http://www.northstarmfg.com/product/46-2226.html
Awesome Thanks! Are those the lower or upper rear camber links?

Last edited by ksan; 11-14-16 at 11:34 AM.
Old 11-14-16, 11:42 AM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 740 Likes on 638 Posts

I have the rear upper spc and there great no issues! Why do you need camber arms, are you chewing up tires?
Old 11-14-16, 12:06 PM
ServerTech
Pit Crew

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ibidu1
I have the rear upper spc and there great no issues! Why do you need camber arms, are you chewing up tires?
My last set of rear tires were worn too much on the inside. The alignment print out shows RR -1.4 degrees, LR -1.0 degrees. Adjustable rods allow +/- 1.50 degrees adjustment. Rear camber is not adjustable from the factory.
Old 11-14-16, 01:46 PM
ksan
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ibidu1
you have the rear upper spc camber kit? Or you meant the front..? If so I didn't know they made one for the rear. Would you have a website for this part? Also a newb question. For the rear camber kit, would I need both upper and lower for them to adjust, say for instance tucking wheels?
Old 11-15-16, 08:10 AM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ServerTech
My last set of rear tires were worn too much on the inside. The alignment print out shows RR -1.4 degrees, LR -1.0 degrees. Adjustable rods allow +/- 1.50 degrees adjustment. Rear camber is not adjustable from the factory.
I had the same problem on my 08 awd, I was chewing up the rear inner tires as if I had bad toe alignment. I chased this problem and went through a couple tires to finally have the car wear evenly.

I replaced
rear shocks
rear Spc top chamber arms
rear toe arms
rear trailing arms
rear lower control arms
front main rear bushing

The problem went away when I replaced the rear lower control arms, and the front rear bushings.

If I had to do it all over again I would have replaced all the bushings on the car at once, atleast then I would have saved closed to 2grand on tires. Also every alignment should thought they cured the problem, so its most likely the bushings shift at load.
The following users liked this post:
LexNYC83 (04-03-19)
Old 11-15-16, 08:15 AM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ksan
you have the rear upper spc camber kit? Or you meant the front..? If so I didn't know they made one for the rear. Would you have a website for this part? Also a newb question. For the rear camber kit, would I need both upper and lower for them to adjust, say for instance tucking wheels?
They actually look similiar to servertechs rear top bars in that they have a tie rod style end with a rubber bushing on the other end. I would prefer this over a megan because megan uses heim joints and those types of joints belong on a race car imo, and need to be greased often or they will squeek if dirt gets inside.

Im sure you can "stance or tuck" with these bars theres plenty of adjustment. You may run out of toe adjustment, may want to look into those after you install the rear arms.
Old 01-13-17, 01:10 PM
ElleJay
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Tires are eating up on the inside. Front not so bad as the Back. Would I need Camber Kits and If so what would you recommend?