GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Need modification help/advise on lips, headlights, fenders asap

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-16, 10:50 PM
lexo101
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need modification help/advise on lips, headlights, fenders asap

Hi, I just purchased a 2009 Black/Black GS350 AWD with light fender damage. I need a RH fender, RH headlight with chrome trim and front Bumper cover. If you have a headlight for me, PM.

I would like to do body modification now, seeing its going in paint anyways.

I think I'm set on the front lip, with an Auto Couture lip and they have a lot on eBay.I purchased a TTE Lip for my GS400 which I never installed and they look similar.

For the rear lip its hard & I need help, I don't want anything funky with crazy body lines and curvatures, and I plan on putting larger circle tips or mufflers with large circle tips on. I like the classy VIP look.

I think I like the Wald rear lip, do they make a knock off like the Auto Couture lip because it's expensive?

I also like the Jo Blood Rear but can't see the sides in this pic, and I also don't know the price & how to purchase it. Any other similar rear lip suggestions would be a big help.

I'm iffy on these fenders, they have that Benz AMG look, but are they too out there? They might blend in being black. Should I stick to factory?

Do I need to add side skirts, if I add a front & rear lip? Will it look like something is missing and uneven? If so any suggestion on something to tie in, that is not to low.

I plan on custom headlights for sure, I never did the Q45 conversion on my 2GS, and really would like to do something cool. Either the LS460 projectors or the aftermarket Q45 projectors which are smaller and could fit, but I've never seen it done on the 3GS. Anybody know of a good shop for this, or a set already out there?

For all the parts that are chrome (never been a fan of chrome trim), Headlight Accents, Grill, Window Trim and Emblems, I plan on wrapping them in vinyl. Either Carbon Fiber,Black Chrome, if that's an option or Paint Matching Black. Any other suggestions that would look good with black, and what would you pick?
Name:  61E0D0ED-4C75-4391-84A4-A0E6FA75A647_zpsdcsmoglw.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  122.5 KB

Rear Spoiler, the car has the factory lip already and I can't really tell what varies with the few aftermarket ones I've seen. Any suggestions? I loved the Junction Produce one on the 2GS, do they make one for the 3GS and would it look right on this body? Should I keep the factory spoiler?

Wheels, ever since I saw the Vossen CV3 I had to have them. What size should I go with 19's or 20's and width, if I plan on keeping my factory height, due to bad roads and pot holes? I also have a higher ride because of AWD. Also should I go with the polished or darker finish? I love the look of the first pic, with the Vossen wheels but I can't drop it here.

Exhaust & Air Intake, Whats a nice combo?

I know everybody's taste varies but I would like some input, and I really need help with the rear lip and side skirts ASAP due to it going to paint in the next week. I can deal with factory headlights till I find someone to make me a set, I just need them in under 2 weeks and quality craftsmanship.

Last edited by lexo101; 04-12-16 at 11:03 PM.
Old 04-14-16, 06:13 PM
lexo101
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone whose familiar with Body & Lip kits? I know there are some customized 3GS's out there, lol, but I feel there are a lot more 2GS's that are customized and more traffic in 2GS forum.
Old 04-15-16, 04:16 PM
Gs3500
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Blackening the chromes... Looks sick!