GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Part numbers for fuel pumps/injectors

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-15, 05:20 AM
overko
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Part numbers for fuel pumps/injectors

It all started with knocking noise from the engine and ended with "check hybrid system" on my GS450h MY2007. Although my local Lexus dealership was not able to find the issue, a garage nearby found that fuel pump is damaged and there are metal parts in injectors. I want to replace both fuel pumps (the one in fuel tank as well as the one in the engine bay) and all injectors (6x low pressure + 6x high pressure ones).
My local dealership refused to provide part numbers, but provided prices instead. It would cost me over 8k Eur to replace all these parts. I am not willing to pay such price for repair of the car worth less than 15k, so I would like to check prices elsewhere before I decide to scrap my car.
Is there any way how to get correct part numbers, e.g. using VIN (JTHBC96S605008974)?
The thing is there are several types of injectors (Mark Yellow/Black/Brown/Green), then it looks like fuel pump (23100-39617) has been replaced by other part (23100-39618), etc.
Can someone help me decide which part numbers to look for?
Old 11-26-15, 11:55 PM
overko
9th Gear

I've found more or less the part numbers I wanted:
Fuel pump (engine) - 23100-39618 (original 23100-39617 was replaced)
Fuel pump (tank) - 23221-31340 (original was 23221-31090)
Low pressure injector - 23209-31070
The only problem remains with high pressure injectors - there are 4 types (yellow, black, brown, green). I have no idea which one to order and I would like to avoid having car unavailable due to dismantled engine. Did anyone replace these injectors in their MY2007 2GR-FSE and can let me know which color they have?
Furthermore, if someone can confirm that 2GR-FSE can use higher/lower pressure and/or higher/lower flow rate injector so I do not have to use the same color, that would help me as well.
Thanks!
Old 11-30-15, 08:03 AM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

From my previous knowledge on injectors, for example (don't quote me as this is just an example). Each of those injectors have different part #s for a reason, they probably are for gas-saving reasons (in a good way ofc).

FOR EXAMPLE: I'll use a 500cc injector and a 600cc injector.

Let's say you chose a 500cc injector, it's lowest idle spray would be maybe 50cc at idle, while the 600cc injector sit at 100cc at idle (these are theorhetical, again) and 500cc max along with 600cc max. I hope you understand what i'm trying to explain, as it's hard to keep it in short terms for me. If they designed certain injectors for your car, you shouldn't mix and match, as it will throw off fuel delivery, resulting in poor fuel economy.

It might still run but it will not deliver proper fuel to the car.

What I would do if no1 here is answering your question is call Lexus corporate or just bite the bullet and rip everything out to find out what injector colors it is.

Definitely wish you good luck! Come back with results.
Old 12-02-15, 12:28 PM
overko
9th Gear

Thank you XxGoKoUxX for the explanation. I was not sure if the injectors are interchangeable and at this point I think they are not (or at least not without any side effects).
To make this thing a bit worse for me (decision-wise), when I called the garage they recommended to replace both fuel pumps first (obviously, they are not eager to dismantle the engine to get color of the injector ). They are pretty sure those metal particles in the fuel are from them.
I ask - both of them? And more importantly - if they are damaged that much that there are metal parts clearly visible in the fuel, how come they are still running? I would like to point out that I did not observe any power loss, the only symptom was knocking sound from the engine and "check hybrid system" message after few seconds of the gas pedal on the floor.
For the time being I asked them to simply flush the fuel delivery system, clean it and see how car behaves afterwards.
I still plan to replace injectors, but I am not willing to replace both fuel pums at this point as I do not think they are broken. Or am I wrong?