GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Happy to join the forum!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-15, 06:58 PM
Lukas99GS
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Happy to join the forum!

Just purchased an 08 GS460 black/black. This is coming from my old 2GS300 which was a great car even at 226k, hoping to learn a lot on here, and hopeful everyone's as helpful as they are on the 2GS forum!

Old 11-24-15, 07:38 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

Welcome and enjoy!
Old 11-25-15, 07:51 AM
TRD_Power
Lead Lap

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts

Congrats! Welcome to the small 460 family
Old 11-25-15, 05:21 PM
Lukas99GS
Instructor

Can you tell me is there a way to sync up your music from your phone to the car via Bluetooth? And also what a good estimate would be on changing the spark plugs? Don't think they've ever been done.
Old 11-26-15, 01:42 AM
LoveThatV8
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

On the nav screen, you should be able to sync it just one time. Anytime thereafter, should sync automatically as long as your BT is on ON on your phone at all times. Unfortunately the music doesn't play a role with BT, just works as hands-free talking function. If you're looking for the purpose of music, 99% of the members here uses Vaistech.

Congrats on your 460. Rare gem to have and hope you enjoy it.
Old 11-26-15, 02:23 PM
tatumjonj
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lukas99GS
Can you tell me is there a way to sync up your music from your phone to the car via Bluetooth? And also what a good estimate would be on changing the spark plugs? Don't think they've ever been done.
Are you going to do them yourself? I just bought the plugs on eBay from Bell Lexus of Scottsdale for $88 shipped. I end up buying most of my factory parts from them because they have the best prices.
Old 11-26-15, 04:53 PM
Lukas99GS
Instructor

Originally Posted by tatumjonj
Are you going to do them yourself? I just bought the plugs on eBay from Bell Lexus of Scottsdale for $88 shipped. I end up buying most of my factory parts from them because they have the best prices.
I would if it isn't that difficult, I was trying to find videos on doing it and couldn't find any for the GS or LS460, I'm not a mechanic by any means but I've done plugs on my old GS and Acura. Are there any DIYs on this job?
Old 11-26-15, 07:04 PM
tatumjonj
Rookie

Did you happen to check out the stickied thread for new members with all the DIY stuff?
Old 11-26-15, 11:39 PM
Lukas99GS
Instructor

Originally Posted by tatumjonj
Did you happen to check out the stickied thread for new members with all the DIY stuff?
I did, found a lot of it very helpful but didn't see anything on doing the spark plugs on a 460 :/ am I missing it?
Old 11-27-15, 10:07 AM
tatumjonj
Rookie

I did, found a lot of it very helpful but didn't see anything on doing the spark plugs on a 460 :/ am I missing it?
No idea I was just wondering if you checked there first. I think I remember seeing the thread for the 300 which I believe was actually an IS250. It looked somewhat easy as I remember. So far, I haven't found too many things that are hard to do on these cars. Typical Japanese vehicles, pretty easy to work on.
Old 11-28-15, 09:19 AM
KevGS460ML
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I would if it isn't that difficult, I was trying to find videos on doing it and couldn't find any for the GS or LS460, I'm not a mechanic by any means but I've done plugs on my old GS and Acura. Are there any DIYs on this job?
My mechanic told me it was one of the more difficult cars to replace the plugs on. I definitely notice a difference after they were replaced, so I highly recommend that you get it done. The oil, brakes, air filters, and radiator fluid is very simple. I did those myself since day 1. Be careful with the AC filter though, or you can break it, and people on here says dealers are quoting mucho dinero to get it fixed...read your owners manual.
Old 11-28-15, 11:15 AM
Lukas99GS
Instructor

Originally Posted by KevGS460ML
My mechanic told me it was one of the more difficult cars to replace the plugs on. I definitely notice a difference after they were replaced, so I highly recommend that you get it done. The oil, brakes, air filters, and radiator fluid is very simple. I did those myself since day 1. Be careful with the AC filter though, or you can break it, and people on here says dealers are quoting mucho dinero to get it fixed...read your owners manual.
I'm getting the plugs done right now at the dealer for $300 which doesn't seem bad at all, also getting my brake fluid flushed. Unfortunately my car didn't come with the owners manual but I see them on eBay, I'll have to order one here soon
Old 11-28-15, 11:43 AM
Corkman
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm getting the plugs done right now at the dealer for $300 which doesn't seem bad at all, also getting my brake fluid flushed. Unfortunately my car didn't come with the owners manual but I see them on eBay, I'll have to order one here soon

I joined this site https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lex...-lexus/home.do and put in my Vin# and was amazed at the info on my cars...
They have all the manuals on line plus service intervals.
Old 12-01-15, 04:24 PM
KevGS460ML
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow, $300 is an incredible deal. My local dealer quoted me $700, so I got a local shop to do it for $480. It's due for another replacement now, so I'll shop around again to see if I can get any where near the deal you got.

Did you notice any difference when you got the car back?
Old 12-02-15, 12:29 AM
Lukas99GS
Instructor

Originally Posted by KevGS460ML
Wow, $300 is an incredible deal. My local dealer quoted me $700, so I got a local shop to do it for $480. It's due for another replacement now, so I'll shop around again to see if I can get any where near the deal you got.

Did you notice any difference when you got the car back?
Not really to be honest, I was hoping my mpg would shoot up a bit, it does seem to accelerate smoother I'd say, it's possible the previous owner had them done but not at a dealership, but I just wanted peace of mind, otherwise the dealership said they couldn't find one thing wrong with the car or even reccomend doing, I really would like to hit 200k in this, I can't think of a newer Lexus I would want to replace this with.

Quick Reply: Happy to join the forum!