GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

New member! Should I buy this 2007 GS350??

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-15, 07:05 PM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Received 334 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by qoner
Hey I appreciate the insight man. And I think we have the same ideology, I'd prefer to stick with Lexus because of this forum (so informative, I really feel like I can do most mid tier work on the car because of CL) and my overall experience with Lexus's in general. Just found one on ebay and though its slightly out of my price range, you made me feel a little more comfortable taking the leap. What do you think?

Lexus GS | eBay
The car looks good but the only way to know is to go check it out and take a test drive. Make sure you sign up for a free acct on the lexus drivers site to run ANY VIN of a car your thinking of buying.
Old 09-22-15, 08:48 AM
JLAWS
Racer

Received 213 Likes on 162 Posts

As many have stated, go thru the entire car even underneath and check for rust!! AWD owners DRIVE their Lexus in the snow instead of it being a garage queen when it snows thru most of winter.
The exhaust system seem to be the weak points of the car and corrodes over a short period of years if the undercarriage is not washed regularly. Luckily for me the expensive mid pipe was replaced a few years back and the 2 mufflers the day after I made the purchase. There were also some very flimsy heat shields that rotted out completely and lots of surface rust. I spent a few hours rinsing any remaining salt and spraying Wd40,PB Blaster which got rid a lot of surface rust and silicone spray (Rubber & Plastic) on the undercarriage. Looks brand new now! So check the exhaust especially the top of the muffler where salt can get trapped and sit.
BTW I think that price is the AS IS price. That dealership is kinda shady so make sure you check everything before you buy.
It looks to be in great shape all around. The wheels look good. I don't see any bubbling in the rims paint which is another sign of winter driving and a common problem.

Last edited by JLAWS; 09-22-15 at 08:55 AM.
Old 10-03-15, 11:33 AM
qoner
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JLAWS
As many have stated, go thru the entire car even underneath and check for rust!! AWD owners DRIVE their Lexus in the snow instead of it being a garage queen when it snows thru most of winter.
The exhaust system seem to be the weak points of the car and corrodes over a short period of years if the undercarriage is not washed regularly. Luckily for me the expensive mid pipe was replaced a few years back and the 2 mufflers the day after I made the purchase. There were also some very flimsy heat shields that rotted out completely and lots of surface rust. I spent a few hours rinsing any remaining salt and spraying Wd40,PB Blaster which got rid a lot of surface rust and silicone spray (Rubber & Plastic) on the undercarriage. Looks brand new now! So check the exhaust especially the top of the muffler where salt can get trapped and sit.
BTW I think that price is the AS IS price. That dealership is kinda shady so make sure you check everything before you buy.
It looks to be in great shape all around. The wheels look good. I don't see any bubbling in the rims paint which is another sign of winter driving and a common problem.
Not sure how you knew about that dealer but yeah, they are terrible. I went with one I found in NY on eBay! Thanks for the response man, @pman6 @sha4000 @xbladex00 thanks for all your responses also. I haven't taken very many pics but here are a few I did take.

Last edited by qoner; 10-03-15 at 06:47 PM.
Old 10-05-15, 04:47 PM
xbladex00
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

woah I mean I dont know if you resprayed the car but it totally changed colors! I think you bought a different car haha.
Old 10-05-15, 04:50 PM
xbladex00
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by pman6
if the recirc mode is broken, you would just see a white plastic door blocking the hole after removing the black access plate.
You would not see the filter inside.

During recirc mode, a gear mechanism opens the inside door and gives you access to the air filter.

I think you would still be able to use recirc mode, but there would be grinding noise because the air filter access door is broken.

I'm not sure how hard it would be to change the filter if that happened. Others might be able to tell you.
what happens is that there is no hing actually controlling the door anymore (well for me) and i can just flap away with the door... I seriously need to get this fixed because everytime i press AUTO AC it goes straight to fresh air and it ticks...
Old 10-05-15, 08:49 PM
qoner
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by xbladex00
woah I mean I dont know if you resprayed the car but it totally changed colors! I think you bought a different car haha.
hahaha Yeah i ended up buying the one off eBay I linked on the 1st page, I love it!

Originally Posted by xbladex00
what happens is that there is no hing actually controlling the door anymore (well for me) and i can just flap away with the door... I seriously need to get this fixed because everytime i press AUTO AC it goes straight to fresh air and it ticks...
I saw exactly what you guys were talking about, but the partition feels like its going to break when I pull it out. Should I just force it out? I really don't see another way.
Old 10-05-15, 09:41 PM
Lexusonlly
Driver School Candidate

Smile

[QUOTE=qoner;9189887]Thanks for the responses guys. I called the dealer and learned they'd do it for free which is awesome. I was referring mainly to the miles though. It sort of feels like $12,495 is a lot to pay with a car with 95,000 miles on it.[/QUOTE

I bought a gs300 2006 from a one owner for 6200$ with mileage at 244k and it runs great I mean it's so clean and feels super new I normally would never take a chance on a high mileage but never say never it's my first week so far I'm in love
Old 10-05-15, 09:47 PM
Lexusonlly
Driver School Candidate

I bought a gs300 2006 from a one owner for 6200$ with mileage at 244k and it runs great I mean it's so clean and feels super new I normally would never take a chance on a high mileage but never say never it's my first week so far I'm in love
Old 10-05-15, 11:16 PM
xbladex00
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by qoner
hahaha Yeah i ended up buying the one off eBay I linked on the 1st page, I love it!

I saw exactly what you guys were talking about, but the partition feels like its going to break when I pull it out. Should I just force it out? I really don't see another way.
Sorry missed that link haha. If you want to get to the cabin filter door you need to put the A/C in recirculation mode. DO NOT force the door open thats how i broke the door... by partition do you mean the black divider in the glove box? It's removable just try and wiggle it out or pull it straight out i never broke it (pulled it out like 5 times trying to figure out how to fix the door). here's a link to DIY