GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Need Help - Battery has power but no power to dash or car

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-15, 09:06 AM
Craincon
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help - Battery has power but no power to dash or car

Hopefully someone can help, I was attempting to change my alternator on my 07 GS 350 and forgot to disconnect the battery. Started to change the alternator and got a spark on the power wire. Disconnected the battery, now after reconnecting everything, I do not have power to anything. On the dash, the door image on the dash comes on (but that is it) and the headlights will turn on, but all else is dead as if the battery is not connected. I have confirmed I have a good connection to the battery. My first thought is that it is a fuse, although I do not know how to check relays or main fuses. Any help to try and get started on fixing this. My worst fear is that I blew the computer.

Please help.
Old 07-01-15, 02:35 PM
Othic
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Are you sure the battery has voltage? Did you check it? You may have blown the main fuse block. Check that first. Its the rectangle box below the battery.
Old 07-01-15, 06:14 PM
burny
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

^This here
Old 07-01-15, 08:17 PM
sprtn131
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Craincon
Hopefully someone can help, I was attempting to change my alternator on my 07 GS 350 and forgot to disconnect the battery. Started to change the alternator and got a spark on the power wire. Disconnected the battery, now after reconnecting everything, I do not have power to anything. On the dash, the door image on the dash comes on (but that is it) and the headlights will turn on, but all else is dead as if the battery is not connected. I have confirmed I have a good connection to the battery. My first thought is that it is a fuse, although I do not know how to check relays or main fuses. Any help to try and get started on fixing this. My worst fear is that I blew the computer.

Please help.
Nooo.! You broke the cardinal rule... I did it too when I replaced mine also unfortunately as soon as you see that spark you're screwd. The main fuse is blown. It's about 150$ and a pain to replace. If you are good with a soldering iron you could drop a bead of solder on it to bridge the gap, but unless you really know what you're doing I don't recommend that. However That's what I did until the dealer replaced it. Good luck
Old 07-01-15, 08:30 PM
sprtn131
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That's what it should look like.
Old 01-12-23, 07:59 AM
phongphamm
2nd gear

Default Same issue

Originally Posted by Craincon

Please help.
hi craincon !! I’m having the same issue too .woke up for work came out try start the car does the same like u no power on. Got door image on but can’t do anything with the keypad like it not detected..need help also .was jus wondering if u was able to find out the problem yet .thankyou
Old 01-12-23, 09:33 AM
phongphamm
2nd gear

Originally Posted by sprtn131

That's what it should look like.
Hi sprtn131!! So this was the problem to fix it ? I’m having the same issue bro.it doing exact same thing have door image pop up on cluster but can’t do anything .my key pad not detach to it either .not doin anything to it when I press lock on it .can u help me .Thankyou