GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Video of newly installed Megan Mid Pipe (GS430)

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-15, 03:13 AM
YogiFTLC
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kenne01l
Hey Yogi what kind of modifications needed to be made to make that midpipe fit? Welding?
Mount the mid pipe and you'll see it hitting the heat shield. Once you mount it up, Take a crow bar and a hammer and knock it in. Becareful to not knock it very far because it'll hit your diff. When you roll your car off the lift make sure you go forward and reverse a few times. Masboy another member on here ended up cutting the heat shield, either will work.
Old 08-20-15, 05:04 AM
ChiRaq
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by YogiFTLC
Hola Mi Amigos!

Stopped by the good people over at Megan Racing this Friday to do a little chit chat about future plans and it it so happens a little toy was waiting for me that I didn't know about.

The Mid pipe I've been waiting for has finally arrived! !

I wasted no time and installed it that night at Buddha Concept Designs. The Megan Mid pipe was design for the GS300&GS350 and its a simple bolt on. But with some helpful advice from my friend and fellow Clublexus Member "MasBoy", modifications to the GS430 was very minor. In the way on the 430 models is the heat shield which needed to be trimmed in the center of the "Y". After looking closer, It was actually easier than we thought. We went caveman style and we did was hammer in the edges where the pipes hit the shield, though you do have to be careful because if you bang the heat shield in the wrong direction the diff could start hitting it. Unfortunately I didn't get any photos while I was under the car but as soon as the lifts free, I will update this thread with photos underneath the car and the modifications. The install was real easy, also helped that I have a lift to my disposal. Piping is beautifully made and love the little roar I got out of it! Kudos to Megan racing for such a great product.

Heres a link to the item.
http://www.meganracing.com/products/...d=265&catid=20
as stated it's for the 300's and 350's but with little modifications it can fit the 430's. As far as 460's and H I have no idea.

Here are a few test clips shot after the car was done.
Revved a little louder at the shop and did another video at my home a few days later.

Megan mid pipe is stacked with the Greddy Evo3 and I have a Injen Intake from the 2nd gen GS430 which also needed a small mod to fit

Enjoy my friends

New Megan mid pipe stacked with Greddy axle back - YouTube

GS430 Greddy axle back, Megan mid pipe and Injen intake - YouTube
I have a tanabe exhaust system, do you have any idea if this mid pipe would connect with the same modifications that you did..I'm dying to replace my mid section...your car sounds amazing!!!
Old 08-20-15, 11:13 PM
masboy
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ChiRaq
I have a tanabe exhaust system, do you have any idea if this mid pipe would connect with the same modifications that you did..I'm dying to replace my mid section...your car sounds amazing!!!
As long as the exhaust made for ur car, this mid pipe just straight bolt on. Modify or take out heatshield is the only minor thing u have to do.

Good luck. U wont regret it
Old 08-31-15, 10:07 AM
ChiRaq
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by masboy
As long as the exhaust made for ur car, this mid pipe just straight bolt on. Modify or take out heatshield is the only minor thing u have to do.

Good luck. U wont regret it
Thanks Yogi, Just bought my midpipes this morning they should be here for me to install this weekend, I really appreciate your response
Old 07-31-16, 10:36 PM
watson30
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by YogiFTLC
Hola Mi Amigos!

Stopped by the good people over at Megan Racing this Friday to do a little chit chat about future plans and it it so happens a little toy was waiting for me that I didn't know about.

The Mid pipe I've been waiting for has finally arrived! !

I wasted no time and installed it that night at Buddha Concept Designs. The Megan Mid pipe was design for the GS300&GS350 and its a simple bolt on. But with some helpful advice from my friend and fellow Clublexus Member "MasBoy", modifications to the GS430 was very minor. In the way on the 430 models is the heat shield which needed to be trimmed in the center of the "Y". After looking closer, It was actually easier than we thought. We went caveman style and we did was hammer in the edges where the pipes hit the shield, though you do have to be careful because if you bang the heat shield in the wrong direction the diff could start hitting it. Unfortunately I didn't get any photos while I was under the car but as soon as the lifts free, I will update this thread with photos underneath the car and the modifications. The install was real easy, also helped that I have a lift to my disposal. Piping is beautifully made and love the little roar I got out of it! Kudos to Megan racing for such a great product.

Heres a link to the item.
http://www.meganracing.com/products/...d=265&catid=20
as stated it's for the 300's and 350's but with little modifications it can fit the 430's. As far as 460's and H I have no idea.

Here are a few test clips shot after the car was done.
Revved a little louder at the shop and did another video at my home a few days later.

Megan mid pipe is stacked with the Greddy Evo3 and I have a Injen Intake from the 2nd gen GS430 which also needed a small mod to fit

Enjoy my friends

New Megan mid pipe stacked with Greddy axle back - YouTube

GS430 Greddy axle back, Megan mid pipe and Injen intake - YouTube

06 gs430 with stock header+ invidia midpipe + HKS hi power exhaust. no check engine light just a lil mod to heat shield and your good to go.