GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Vehicle collision and hit a Toyota Prado

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-19, 04:33 AM
rayancruz
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vehicle collision and hit a Toyota Prado

I hope everyone is doing well.

I hope you guys could help me out. I am located in Dubai, UAE and I am driving a Lexus GS300 2006 model. Recently, I had a car accident, I am pretty sure that it wasn't my mistake. My speed was 100kmph and there was a TIIDA in front of me with a good safe distance between my car and his car then suddenly a Toyota Prado went in front of me without an indicator. As soon as he gets in front of me he slowed down then immediately stopped, i gave him a good horn and brake but it was too late I hit him. The reason why he stopped is because the TIIDA immediately stopped as well s there was a light traffic building up. Anyway, by the look of my car what do you think about the frame?

Is my car going to be totalled? The police officer put the mistake on me and I was about to file a dispute but this will cause me too much time and with my line of job I really need the car. I have a third party insurance which was a major mistake of mine. So I will have this car repaired out of my own pocket, otherwise, I will need to wait months to save up to get a new car. Your inputs will be highly appreciated.
Old 06-30-19, 05:24 AM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 740 Likes on 638 Posts

More likely your police will fault 100%, they will say that you should have put distance between you and the other car. Years ago I had an accident with a rental car in sharjah, and I filed a dispute, it was a pain, and they rewarded the other driver.

Pretty sure the car is a total loss, but wont hurt to try. Snap some picture of inside the engine bay and of the engine, and drive to a cheap body shop and show them the photos and ask them roughly how much will it cost. My concern is the engine valve covers/cylinder heads may have had an impact. If the engine is ok, then you may have a chance. The good thing is that used parts are cheap, and so is aftermarket. You being in dubai theres tons of aftermarket sellers.

If the damage is just too much, you do have an option of towing your car to copart dubai, and sell it wrecked at an auction. Im pretty sure it will bring 10-20k durhams, you can use that money towards another car.
Old 06-30-19, 05:36 AM
rayancruz
5th Gear

Thank you for the response. The engine can easily be repaired but my main concern is the chassis. Most of the people I know who saw the car photos is that if chassis is damaged then that will be the issue but it can't be determined unless a mechanic check it which I am going to do tonight. The airbag didn't came out on my seat and on the steering wheel but on the passenger's seat. By the looks of it bro, do you think chassis is really wrecked? if I sell it as a scrap now, it will only bring me atleast 8K AED. God I love this car! I am really hoping it still can be repaired.
Old 06-30-19, 05:56 AM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

For some odd reason I was thinking this was a 07 hybrid, the GS300 is less value and youre right about 8k

The chassis or the frame horns is the least of your worries, those can be easily pushed back into shape. Your strut towers appear to be pushed in, and thats a big job that might require you pull the engine out.

Honestly being a gs300 its not worth the hassle to fix. The 2006's there probably sell for low 30k in good shape. By the time you run around looking for parts and a garage. You will end up spending more fixing your damaged car then just buying another car thats never been in an accident. Who knows what other issues may come after you fix the car. Scrap it, and see if you can find a US spec 07-up GS350
Old 06-30-19, 11:14 AM
potatomon
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Remove the fender and see for yourself. The thing that it sits on probably got damaged so you need a new one of those, and what about the other side? The frame rails might be ok? The bumper doesn't look damaged and the front rebar looks good I can't really see.

You're looking at buying a part of the body before the cabin since all the fender stuff seems wrecked. Definitely looking at pulling engine The cabin is good pillars seem untouched
Old 06-30-19, 11:49 AM
rayancruz
5th Gear

Originally Posted by potatomon
Remove the fender and see for yourself. The thing that it sits on probably got damaged so you need a new one of those, and what about the other side? The frame rails might be ok? The bumper doesn't look damaged and the front rebar looks good I can't really see.

You're looking at buying a part of the body before the cabin since all the fender stuff seems wrecked. Definitely looking at pulling engine The cabin is good pillars seem untouched

Thank you for the response. Here is the other side look like.

Old 06-30-19, 12:59 PM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Thats better news for the passenger side, seems like the inner fender and fender is useable. Most important thing is that engine, and its computers. Also that driver wheel looks pushed in, maybe a-arms got bent.
Old 06-30-19, 04:10 PM
potatomon
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

see if it looks like this under the fender

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...-of-a-car.html

I got in a little accident going under a Tacoma that braked really hard to my hood went under it, did you hit the Prado directly or you kinda slided under it?
Old 06-30-19, 05:40 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

That car should be totaled, but maybe it works differently over there than here.

also, if you are hit someone from behind, always your fault.
Old 07-01-19, 07:06 AM
tghw
Intermediate

Received 54 Likes on 47 Posts

In the US, if you run into the back of someone it is almost universally considered your fault for following too closely and failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident.

Your car is a total loss, period. It cannot be fixed for what it is worth on the current market. Take the insurance payout and buy another one.
The following users liked this post:
mspearl95 (07-01-19)