GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Finding Random Problems w 06 GS..

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-14, 03:03 PM
Pandoo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finding Random Problems w 06 GS..

hey guys!

i'm new here so forgive me if anyone has already answered some of these questions. I bought my 2006 Lexus GS 300 AWD a few months ago and i've been dealing with a few [hopefully minor] issues with it.

Headliights are dim
they were a little fogged before , but i used a restoration kit and that helped however my low beams are extremely dim. i always thought HID bulbs usually work fine and then give out or flicker when theyre going bad. Mine have done neither. recommendations on where to get replacement bulbs?

Rain sensing wiper problem
i'm having some issues with the wipers. sometimes they dont detect any rain, other times there will be a slight drizzle and they'll work at max speed.

drivers side inner cv boot replaced
my inner cv boot was torn and i just got it replaced but I feel like its going bad again. i wanted to replace the entire axle however NO one had an after market axle and im not trying to drop $1000+ on a new axle. any place i can get a new axle?

drivers side view mirror folding motor
the drivers side folding mirror will fold the mirror in, but it gets stuck on its way out. not really a huge problem for me bc i just dont fold them anymore.

im hoping these are all minor issues that wont be too much of a hassle to fix. it now has a 123,000 miles on it.

also while i'm posting this. i wanted to do some upgrades to the car as well. i've already plastidipped the rims and now im looking at tints. is it true the Metallic suntek tints interfere w cell phone reception and the electronics in the car? thanks a lot for all your help

Old 06-04-14, 06:42 PM
YaMomma
Driver

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Pandoo
hey guys!

i'm new here so forgive me if anyone has already answered some of these questions. I bought my 2006 Lexus GS 300 AWD a few months ago and i've been dealing with a few [hopefully minor] issues with it.
I'll answer what I can but I haven't dealt with all of your problems in the past..

Headliights are dim
they were a little fogged before , but i used a restoration kit and that helped however my low beams are extremely dim. i always thought HID bulbs usually work fine and then give out or flicker when theyre going bad. Mine have done neither. recommendations on where to get replacement bulbs?
Lexus aims the headlights to low, raise those bad boys up some.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ern-video.html

Rain sensing wiper problem
i'm having some issues with the wipers. sometimes they dont detect any rain, other times there will be a slight drizzle and they'll work at max speed.
Sounds like the sensor is going bad to me but I've never endured this problem.

drivers side inner cv boot replaced
my inner cv boot was torn and i just got it replaced but I feel like its going bad again. i wanted to replace the entire axle however NO one had an after market axle and im not trying to drop $1000+ on a new axle. any place i can get a new axle?
I've never had to buy one but Ive seen them on eBay before.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-LEXUS-GS...0c485f&vxp=mtr

drivers side view mirror folding motor
the drivers side folding mirror will fold the mirror in, but it gets stuck on its way out. not really a huge problem for me bc i just dont fold them anymore.
The following thread may be helpful..

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ix-update.html

is it true the Metallic suntek tints interfere w cell phone reception and the electronics in the car?
I've never used suntek before but my 3M tint has metal in it and I don't have any electronic problems.

Check out the FAQ thread it has a lot of information about out cars..

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-t...tart-here.html

Good Luck!!
Old 06-05-14, 04:40 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

if your looking for new bulbs, i recommend Garax. very popular choice on here.

as for the mirror folding, its a common problem with these cars. everything on the inside of that mirror is plastic and they either strip or break. i never folded my mirrors to avoid that issue.
Old 06-05-14, 08:32 AM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

Next time it's raining, try pushing on the actual sensor on the windshield.
Old 06-09-14, 04:53 AM
Pandoo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

turns out my headlights were pointed at the ground. was able to adjust them and its a world of difference! thanks!

when i would start the car, the mirror motor would be so loud and obnoxious bc i guess it was doing the 'check' it does.

to fix this problem, no more loud annoying sound at start up,
i had the mirrors out [normal position],
disconnected the battery and
then reconnected the battery.
now now more sound !