GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Goodbye LexLugar/lowlowlex GS300. You will be missed

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-14, 05:52 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

i am so sorry to hear about the accident, hope you are ok. sometimes symptoms don't start until later, make sure you monitor your muscles and neck movements.
Old 05-05-14, 05:54 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Lex Luga
Police report came out today, states that the police were on highway, parked with emergency lights on. Me and the other vehicle were traveling northbound and then he rear ended me and then sideswiped the police car damaging the side mirror. That's all it states....nothing about excessive speed or reckless driving. I found out the driver of the chevy trailblazer was 22 and his girlfriend was 21..he has insurance but his not on his own car. So that trailblazer is done. And last but not least smh at these dumb kids!!!!! Need to use better judgement especially when other peoples' lives are involved!
don't worry about the other party, karma and whatever will catch up. just focus on yourself and your car and make sure you are taken care of / covered.
Old 05-05-14, 11:02 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

Agreed with rominl, karma's a biotch, and if he was driving wrecklessly, it will come to him eventually.

He's lucky he didn't kill his unborn child yet.... That's a giant point of pissing ME off, and I don't even know them... An innocent life, not to mention almost killing police officers that are just plain ole doing their job.

GL with everything Lex, and hope you come back to a Lexus eventually!
Old 05-06-14, 01:48 AM
NateInAZ
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sux, but glad to hear you and it seems everyone else is okay.

My recommendation is to let your insurance company handle it. In my case they dealt with the other insurance company and other parties involved. It saved me a lot of time and hassle. that was with State Farm about 5 years back.
Old 05-06-14, 08:21 AM
Lex Luga
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
don't worry about the other party, karma and whatever will catch up. just focus on yourself and your car and make sure you are taken care of / covered.
Thank you. Since the first day i joined CL you were giving me good advice and tips on this forum.

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
Agreed with rominl, karma's a biotch, and if he was driving wrecklessly, it will come to him eventually.

He's lucky he didn't kill his unborn child yet.... That's a giant point of pissing ME off, and I don't even know them... An innocent life, not to mention almost killing police officers that are just plain ole doing their job.

GL with everything Lex, and hope you come back to a Lexus eventually!
You've been very helpful to me on CL, we even had phone conversations discussing some installs. You know it's real when you call a stranger about mods and installs! lol Thank you!

Originally Posted by NateInAZ
That sux, but glad to hear you and it seems everyone else is okay.

My recommendation is to let your insurance company handle it. In my case they dealt with the other insurance company and other parties involved. It saved me a lot of time and hassle. that was with State Farm about 5 years back.
Thank you
Old 05-06-14, 10:24 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Thank you. Since the first day i joined CL you were giving me good advice and tips on this forum.

You've been very helpful to me on CL, we even had phone conversations discussing some installs. You know it's real when you call a stranger about mods and installs! lol Thank you!

Thank you
you are welcome! we are all car guys and love to help each other out
Old 05-08-14, 12:46 AM
koreanguy9
Driver School Candidate

Plenty to be in the 3gen GS classified section soon. The Artisan Spirits roof spoiler, wheels/tires, and JDM visors look fine. Plenty of odds and ends I would like to remove in the car and replace with stock ones b4 they junk it or salvage it.
Sorry to hear bout your misfortune glad your okay and hope you dont have whiplash. Can i call dibs on the Artisan Spirits roof spoiler?
Old 05-08-14, 04:59 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

man... glad your ok though.
Old 05-08-14, 10:17 AM
Lex Luga
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by koreanguy9
Sorry to hear bout your misfortune glad your okay and hope you dont have whiplash. Can i call dibs on the Artisan Spirits roof spoiler?
Thanks, and LOL lot of people inquiring about the artisan spirits roof spoiler. I will be putting up a part out soon.
Old 05-08-14, 10:24 AM
Lex Luga
Lexus Test Driver

On another note, I've seen the car 3 times this week, taking more and more out and putting stock pieces back in. Driver side passenger door was stuck. I retreived 3 out of 4 JDM visors, the roof spoiler, weather tech front floor liners, & every possible floor mat including trunk mat. I also found out my stereo system insurance doesn't cover totals only stolen systems, so i went back and got 3 out of 4 component speakers, the amplifier, the processor, and the Sub. I took apart the door panels, removed the audison components, and stuck in the stock components back in, all while it was drizzling. I also took a crow bar and ripped out the sub from the destroyed enclosure. The amp and processor enclosure I pryed out and everything was in one piece. I have everything under 1 year warranty besides the sub. So it was well worth the final trip to the tow yard and working like a wet dog (literally) this morning. They will finally tow it away for good today or tomorrow morning. My physical work on that car is finally done.
Old 05-08-14, 06:02 PM
3gsJaayyyy
Driver

Wow! Glad to hear you are ok.
One thing I'm sure you can sue the driver for is "loss of enjoyment in life". Let just say I know a guy that got sued for that reason and had to pay the other person $75,000. A man was walking his dog down the street. While another mans dog was playing in its front yard. The dog playing saw the other dog walking and went up to the other dog to play with it. Not paying attention, the man walking his dog got scared when he saw the other dog. He then twisted his ankle and fell to the ground on one knee. He then sued the other man for $2 million for, "loss of enjoyment of life and unable to perform to his fullest at work". This guy is a loan officer sitting at a desk. 2 years later the the man walking his dog was awarded $75,000. It's true when you hear, "in California, you can sue anyone for any reason" SMH!
Good luck, I'm sure if you get a good lawyer. They could find a reason to get the other driver.
Old 05-27-15, 01:27 PM
Lex Luga
Lexus Test Driver

Fast forward one year later....

I'M BACK!! Not to Lexus though.

For the past 3 months I was actually in the market considering RCF, M4, 2014-15 C7, 2015 Cayman S, and a used 997.2 C2S or 997TT. I was also debating lease vs buying. I decided last week lease was maybe the better option at this time.

C7 - Test drove a Z51 3LT model, and boy was it fast and sounded great, but something was missing. I tested an automatic since they did not have a manual transmission in the lot. Maybe the styling was too much for me. It had the current "futuristic" look of the new cars out which i like, but still something missing. Amazing reviews of this car, ranking top in so many segments. But I was never into Corvettes or American cars until the C7, maybe that was it.

RCF - I really like the design and sound. I've been seeing a couple RCF's on the road to work. They look really sleek and have that road presence that just turns heads, especially in White. BUT i didn't test drive it since i really wanted a manual transmission car. So i eliminated it off the bat. I watched so many RCF vs M4 comparison reviews and was very intrigued. I hated how heavy it was. And I could not make my weekend car a paddle shifting automatic, especially when I already drive a stick to work every day. The whole reason I got a stick after losing the Lex was to learn how to drive one, so one day I could drive a stick shift sports car.

M4 - I was on my way to the dealership and got lost on the way. It was too late to test drive the M4 as it was 15 min til closing. And another note, with the Try Hard Male population that usually drive BMW's around here in NYC, I kind of wanted to avoid BMW in general but I do respect their M line up. Love that F10 M5.

Left the BMW dealership and went to the Porsche dealer down the road - Went in to test drive the cayman S, but I knew about a used CPO 911 c2s, so the saleswoman got me good and showed me that first. Test drove the 09 c2s and fell in love immediately. Every '09+ 911 C2S and '07+ 997Twin Turbo on Autotrader and Classifieds on forums/ebay were too high in mileage, and/or not CPO. The ones with low mileage and CPO were too far in location and not special enough to check out. So soon after the test drive I put a deposit down and schedule for pick up is this Friday. Boy i wish I left the dealership first to think about it and get the saleswoman to keep entice me with better price, call, leave voicemails, etc but i was already sold...I got 3.5k off but still, she got me good. I went from saying I'll settle to lease a new Porsche (Cayman S) to test driving the 911 and never looking back. I looked at a new Cayman S after the 911 test drive, but at that point nothing could change my mind, 911 or nothing, go hard or go home. Tomorrow isn't promised to anyone. Live in the moment and enjoy life.

CPO 20k miles with 2 years full warranty from pick up date. Carrera White with tan interior. Already looking at possible mods on the porsche forums, not good! Already thinking of light gold, light bronze, or light copper wheels to match the tan dash. Will try to enjoy stock before the itch gets too crazy that I need to scratch it. The 911 GTS and Turbo were my dream cars back in the late 90s, early 2000s. Beyond ecstatic for the pick up.

Will forever miss my 3GS. Maybe I'll be back one day when I have a family and am in need for a 4 door....GSF?

Last edited by Lex Luga; 05-28-15 at 11:20 AM.
Old 05-30-15, 06:16 AM
krava
Lead Lap

I just read what you got, you had a 300GS AWD too? mine got totaled and I am glad it did. I am not sure if you are happy about that or not. I was just waiting for that thing to give me engine problems for the 2nd time around.
Old 05-31-15, 08:59 PM
Lex Luga
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by krava
I just read what you got, you had a 300GS AWD too? mine got totaled and I am glad it did. I am not sure if you are happy about that or not. I was just waiting for that thing to give me engine problems for the 2nd time around.
Definitely wasn't happy at all with getting hit at high speed on the highway. I still have back problems. I still miss that car. That car never gave me problems and I put so much work into it. It was the first car i ever modded and learned so much thru DIY projects thru CL member tutorials. The design stayed relevant for almost a decade after it's initial release back in 05-06. IMO compared to other luxury cars in the same class at that time, it trumped its rivals. Maybe not the 3.0L engine, but the exterior and interior design/materials, and the buttery ride.
Old 06-03-15, 07:10 AM
LexusLive
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by krava
How much did you get for it? I wonder it's more than you could have sold it for. Maybe the only way to unload your 3.0 GS eh? I've noticed there is a negligible real-world price difference between an '06 300 and an '07 or even an '08 350. I wonder the general public doesn't know about the engine issues, or even the horsepower deficit.

Quick Reply: Goodbye LexLugar/lowlowlex GS300. You will be missed