GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Compiling a list of parts..

Old 04-06-14, 09:26 AM
avs20
Driver

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Compiling a list of parts..

I'm putting together a list of parts so I can piece together an air ride kit over time rather than take the hit all at once. What I'm asking for is people to chime in with what has worked well for them, or what hasn't so I'm not wasting time and money buying parts that either don't work well or I don't need.
If anyone has a detailed list of parts such as valves, compressors, etc that would be tremendous!

What I have so far:

VIAIR 380C Compressor - I notice most kits come with 1, but most people run 2 in the setups I've seen. Is 1 sufficient?
5 gallon tank - pretty standard I believe.
AccuAir management - not sure if I'm going with elevel or their standard yet.

That's just a start..and I'm still researching on a daily basis, but a nudge in the right direction would definitely be appreciated!
Old 04-06-14, 05:44 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

i'd say viair 400c, x2.... They take really long IMO to fill up as is, I can't imagine 380c's.

I use a 5gal, not enough air for a full up and down on UAS bags.

E-Level is GREAT! SET AND FORGET..... If you don't want to do E-level, I'd say go RIdeTech, they don't hold the annoying orange light when you don't have leveling arms, remote control is bigger and uglier though (imo).

WIth Accuair, you'll get the whole kit, why not go with that?

FWIW, it's cheaper to go with a full kit rather than piece together. PM me if you're looking for someone to get you a kit.

You should definitely invest in lots of fittings and GOOD strong lines too!

GL!
Old 04-06-14, 06:49 PM
Schmexus
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have 2 380c's and they fill my 5gal from 145psi to 175psi in about a minute.

I have the Airlift Autopilot v2 and IMO its the best bang for the buck. I ordered the whole kit through Jegs for $1125 shipped(minus the bags)with a 2gal tank that I upgraded to a 5gal. It's a pretty nice system. E-level is nice, but it's super expensive.
Old 04-06-14, 06:55 PM
avs20
Driver

Schmexus...since it is pressure based..how far off is the system on a full tank, almost empty, single passenger etc? The autopilot is what I'm looking at...
Old 04-06-14, 07:34 PM
Schmexus
Lead Lap

The autopilot has a calibration setup to where it learns your car and what pressures are needed. There is also a "maintenance" setting that will automatically adjust pressures for you every so often. It's not going to be dead nuts precise like the e-level, but it's close enough for me and what I'm doing. I wouldn't operate it on a low tank. The "rise on start" feature is also nice and the built in tank pressure control settings are also very nice. You really get the most bang for the buck as far as pressure based systems go. Airlift also has excellent customer service.
Old 04-06-14, 09:31 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Originally Posted by Schmexus
I have 2 380c's and they fill my 5gal from 145psi to 175psi in about a minute.

I have the Airlift Autopilot v2 and IMO its the best bang for the buck. I ordered the whole kit through Jegs for $1125 shipped(minus the bags)with a 2gal tank that I upgraded to a 5gal. It's a pretty nice system. E-level is nice, but it's super expensive.
Where did you get this from? I see 1 380c, 5gal, full autopilot system for $1300 on JEGS.

Why do you have your 380c set to 175psi? It should be set to 200psi, shouldn't it?

Also,

Viair 400c: 2.54 CFM

Viair 380c: 1.34 CFM

Almost double the CFM filling while airing up, however you get 200psi, while I only get 150 lol.
Old 04-06-14, 10:49 PM
koreanguy9
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX

You should definitely invest in lots of fittings and GOOD strong lines too!

GL!
What kind of fittings and lines are a good brand/type?
Old 04-07-14, 12:47 AM
Schmexus
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX

Where did you get this from? I see 1 380c, 5gal, full autopilot system for $1300 on JEGS.

Why do you have your 380c set to 175psi? It should be set to 200psi, shouldn't it?

Also,

Viair 400c: 2.54 CFM

Viair 380c: 1.34 CFM

Almost double the CFM filling while airing up, however you get 200psi, while I only get 150 lol.
My system came with a 2gal tank so it was cheaper. The only difference was the size of the tank so I ordered the cheaper kit and ordered a tank separate and picked up a second 380c for $155 on eBay. http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...=&pgGrp=search

The Autopilot v2 only goes to 175psi even though my comps are good to 200. I'm not sure why you can't set it higher, but that's the max setting. I could probably rig something up to manually turn the comps on and run them til 200psi, but I haven't.

Last edited by Schmexus; 04-07-14 at 12:51 AM.
Old 04-07-14, 12:56 AM
Schmexus
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by koreanguy9

I would avoid "push to connect" fittings. I bought nicer PTC fittings and they STILL ended up leaking. $50 at Ace later and I now have all brass compression fittings and my tank holds air for days. They weren't big leaks, but I hate air leaks so I ditched the PTC fittings. Too bad most manifolds have PTC fittings. I'd rather have compression....
Old 04-07-14, 01:39 AM
XxGoKoUxX

My system came with a 2gal tank so it was cheaper. The only difference was the size of the tank so I ordered the cheaper kit and ordered a tank separate and picked up a second 380c for $155 on eBay. http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...=&pgGrp=search

The Autopilot v2 only goes to 175psi even though my comps are good to 200. I'm not sure why you can't set it higher, but that's the max setting. I could probably rig something up to manually turn the comps on and run them til 200psi, but I haven't.
No wonder! I was wondering how you got it soo cheap LOL!

IMO? I'd pay the extra few hundred, for either the ridetech OR the Accuair (preferably accuair since I'm a Accu-nuthugger) lol.... I just love the simplicity of the controls, the fact I can pancake, do both fronts and both rears, and do 4-corner controls.

Originally Posted by koreanguy9
Anything DOT approved will work fine. Don't buy Home Depot fittings.

I would avoid "push to connect" fittings. I bought nicer PTC fittings and they STILL ended up leaking. $50 at Ace later and I now have all brass compression fittings and my tank holds air for days. They weren't big leaks, but I hate air leaks so I ditched the PTC fittings. Too bad most manifolds have PTC fittings. I'd rather have compression....
PTCs work well in my car, like I've said before, to each their own .

FWIW, I have PTCs in my car, left vacation for a week, came home and its still the same ride height. Do you run soap & water upon install Schmexus? Also, how are your cuts when you use PTCs? The cuts of your hoses matter A LOT too, and a proper line cutter tool is necessary in all air applications.
Old 04-07-14, 06:55 AM
Schmexus
Lead Lap

Yeah I used the special hose cutter tool. It wasn't the connection as much as it was the swivel part of the fitting. I didn't want to risk having anymore leaks so I gave up on them. All of the PTC fittings on my manifold sealed perfectly. Maybe I just got a bad batch?

I have 8 presets that I can program to do anything I want. In all honesty though, if money wasn't an object and if I wasn't already getting the stink eye from my wife(you spent how much?!?), I would have went with e-level. The installation is harder with the e-level though.
Old 04-07-14, 02:55 PM
avs20
Driver

My better half doesnt even know yet! Which is why I'm trying to keep it somewhat reasonable
I'm still leaning towards autopilot v2..seems to be the best balance for what I need..