GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Looking for advice with poss gs430 purchase..

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-14, 06:28 AM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

I've found that modifications add little to no value when potentially buying a car. OP, make sure the seller is well aware of this.
Old 03-08-14, 07:31 AM
Builtuff
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ThomasGS4
I've found that modifications add little to no value when potentially buying a car. OP, make sure the seller is well aware of this.
True I've sold many a modded car and always got book value at most..with that said I know lexus holds there value..car books at 13k that seems a little low for this car still...maybe I'm wrong?im also used to whenever purchasing a car to get it under book value ,seems like most cars by private party sellers in this 14 k range go for 1 to 2 k less than kbb
Old 03-08-14, 01:36 PM
UCFdude
Driver

Originally Posted by Builtuff
True I've sold many a modded car and always got book value at most..with that said I know lexus holds there value..car books at 13k that seems a little low for this car still...maybe I'm wrong?im also used to whenever purchasing a car to get it under book value ,seems like most cars by private party sellers in this 14 k range go for 1 to 2 k less than kbb
I have a feeling that you really like this car. At the end of the day, you have to do what make you happy. If that happens to be this car, You don't have to justify to us or get anyone approval.
Pull the trigger already….
Old 03-08-14, 01:47 PM
Builtuff
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by UCFdude
I have a feeling that you really like this car. At the end of the day, you have to do what make you happy. If that happens to be this car, You don't have to justify to us or get anyone approval.
If only it was so easy.lol..I appreciate all the advice il come in the high 14 range and if it happens it happens
Old 03-08-14, 02:54 PM
JdSwiper
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Buy a IS instead, there's some good advice!
Old 03-08-14, 03:29 PM
Kuleaze
Intermediate

If only it was so easy.lol..I appreciate all the advice il come in the high 14 range and if it happens it happens
Sounds like a good plan!!
Old 03-13-14, 06:53 PM
Builtuff
Driver School Candidate

I'm about to go pick car up sat..I have a chance to get it with these aftermarket wheels...I'm trying to get them to grow on me but I think concave looks better maybe?would love some opinions ...like I said I can purchase with or without for extra 1200..wheels are 20 maya
Attached Thumbnails Looking for advice with poss gs430 purchase..-image.jpg  
Old 03-13-14, 08:56 PM
Kuleaze
Intermediate

What was the final price? I like the wheels. If you decide not to take the wheels, is the seller putting the stock wheels back on?
Old 03-13-14, 09:16 PM
Schmexus
Lead Lap

I was actually looking for wheels like that. Are they staggered?
Old 03-13-14, 09:27 PM
Builtuff
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Kuleaze
What was the final price? I like the wheels. If you decide not to take the wheels, is the seller putting the stock wheels back on?
13.9 with stock wheels 15k with Maya's....yes staggered think backs are 10.5
Old 03-14-14, 12:09 AM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by UCFdude
Agreed! You picked up your 460, no matter what we said, at the end of the day it's YOUR car and it's what YOU like .

This car's engine is bulletproof, just came in to let you know that.... You're pretty good for the next 100k+, just keep the car in check and keep the maintanence up to date.

Mine's still working in 100% condition with no hiccups.

Originally Posted by JdSwiper
Buy a IS instead, there's some good advice!
No!

Some of us rather go big or go home!

With that said, I should buy an RV next.

13.9 with stock wheels 15k with Maya's....yes staggered think backs are 10.5
If they are 3-piece, and they look 3-piece, you can always rebarrel the rears to have a better lip than what you have now if you're dissatisfied with that .

Otherwise, if the wheels don't grow onto you, 13.9k, take it as is .

That's 1100 for wheels and tires though, I'd def pay for new wheels and tires for 1100, I hope he's throwing in the OEM wheels with the sale.
Old 03-14-14, 06:08 AM
Builtuff
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
Agreed! You picked up your 460, no matter what we said, at the end of the day it's YOUR car and it's what YOU like .

This car's engine is bulletproof, just came in to let you know that.... You're pretty good for the next 100k+, just keep the car in check and keep the maintanence up to date.

Mine's still working in 100% condition with no hiccups.

No!

Some of us rather go big or go home!

With that said, I should buy an RV next.

If they are 3-piece, and they look 3-piece, you can always rebarrel the rears to have a better lip than what you have now if you're dissatisfied with that .

Otherwise, if the wheels don't grow onto you, 13.9k, take it as is .

That's 1100 for wheels and tires though, I'd def pay for new wheels and tires for 1100, I hope he's throwing in the OEM wheels with the sale.
Thanks for your input buddy..yea with regular sale oem included..the 20s have brand new 555s and the rims look real clean no rash
Old 03-14-14, 04:25 PM
LADavidGS
Driver

Usually, I am not a fan of aftermarket wheels but those look great. It really makes the GS pop thus, get them with the aftermarket wheels. But make sure that you received the factory wheels as well. If anything, you can always sell the aftermarket or the factory wheels. Bottom line, good looking car!!
Old 03-14-14, 05:45 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

agreed with david, which is why I asked if u were getting the OEM wheels along with the aftermarket
Old 03-15-14, 11:52 AM
Builtuff
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LADavidGS
Usually, I am not a fan of aftermarket wheels but those look great. It really makes the GS pop thus, get them with the aftermarket wheels. But make sure that you received the factory wheels as well. If anything, you can always sell the aftermarket or the factory wheels. Bottom line, good looking car!!
I actually am on way to get car,I opted to not get the Maya's instead I'm trying to get these ..let me know what u guys think I think these wheels look sharper..I use to be a fan of five spoke wheels like the Maya's but I think wheels like this look better on the gs...
Attached Thumbnails Looking for advice with poss gs430 purchase..-image.jpg  

Quick Reply: Looking for advice with poss gs430 purchase..