GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Damn salt truck threw salt and rock at my car

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-14, 09:34 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by YaMomma
A lot of it is defensive driving, I can't tell you how many times I've avoided a wreck by anticipating what an idiot was going to do. I had an 18 wheeler flip on its side directly in front of me but I knew he wasn't going to make the next corner so I backed off and enjoyed the show.

Just last week I was trying to pass a lady on the expressway in heavy rain. As I'm about to pass her she looses the back end of her car. I moved from the middle lane to the far right lane to give her room to complete the slide. Unfortunately she didn't turn into the slide and when the car was completely sideways it griped and slammed her into the median going at least 65 MPH. It looked like the car exploded and parts went everywhere before the ping pong game began.

Her car went from the far left lane towards the right lane I moved into. I braked just enough for her car to slide in front of mine and she missed my GS by about 2 feet. I knew there was a median on the right so I hit the gas and moved towards the left lane just as her car bounced off the right median and came sliding back across the road. It scared the crap out of my wife and she was screaming obscenities the entire time. I need to put a camera in my car because something crazy like this happens to me at least 2-3 times a year.
At least you pay attention... Sometimes I can't predict idiots will be idiots.... Some idiot was behind a lynx bus (transportation bus of FL), and the bus pulled over and he decided to slide into my lane halfway AS I'm right next to him, so I HONKED one time.... he thought it'd be funny to SCARE me playing bumper cars down a busy road, and a cop pulled him over for it too... *sigh* some people really have no respect for others on the road sometimes.

Originally Posted by chuckGS350
My sister in-law claimed the broken windshield due to rock on the road for her 12RX350 twice within a year.
First time, OEM windshield (~$2K), second time, after market.
Her car is still insured.
Which state was this? In FL it's the law that insurance pays for your windshield each and everytime an accident happens, for FREE, no questions asked .

As for the twice within a year thing, I'm sure binaryjay is exaggerating, he was just simply trying to put his point across.
Old 03-08-14, 07:27 AM
AudioBob
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

XxGoKoUxX,

I can't leave anything stock. It is a sickness that I have!!! The GS only requires a smaller pulley on the supercharger and simple exhaust mod for about 40 more hp over stock. The car already has too much torque for a front wheel drive car. The Mustang is a different story as it already has a 302 HO with plenty of torque on tap. I have the usual bolt on's at the current time (exhaust, 3:55 gears and etc...), but a highly modified suspension gets the power to the ground much better.

The sad thing about the broken windshield is that the salt truck was in the traveling in the other direction and we were not following it our insurance agent said that they had several claims from salt truck damage. This winter has sucked!!!