GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Navigation icon random movement at start up

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-14, 11:30 AM
hanuman
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Navigation icon random movement at start up

Hey Guys,

I recently installed an updated 13.1 navigation disk for my car, all is working well. However on occasion at start up the navigation round icon bounces to a location down the road from my actual location, like I pushed the screen?? However my location on the screen is accurate.

I thought at first I may have pushed a button or something but quickly figured out it does it on its own. I can hit the map button and all is good.

So I tried the old disk and it still does it, in the few months I have had the car its never done this.
So maybe did the new disk screw something up??

I just don't want to push another button to start the navigation since I did not have to do it before.

thanks, HP
Old 02-23-14, 03:49 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

curious, you have aftermarket devices like vaistech in the car?
Old 02-24-14, 05:37 AM
hanuman
Rookie

Well yes I do, I thought about that but ruled out because the problem started several weeks later. Maybe I should get Vais tech on the phone.

By the way Vais is an awesome add on for music management

Thanks
Old 02-24-14, 06:59 AM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

rominl is a Vais guru, he's hooked me up with the Vais unit when I first started here in the forums.....

Definitely an OG! If it's vais related, he can def help you out.
Old 02-24-14, 11:12 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

if you have the vaistech unit, could it be the sl2i-up or similar product line?

if so, did you setup the system so it automatically bypass the "i agree" button on the startup screen?

from my experience, some customers with the vaistech unit, they setup the unit (intentionally or unintentionally) to bypass the i agree button. what it does is the vaistech unit waits a few seconds and then "press" the button for you. however if your nav system doesn't have the "i agree" button anymore, it is basically press the lower right part of the map for you, so that's why the map jumps to that location

i can't say 100% if this is what happened, but it's a possibility. you can try to unplug the vaistech unit and see if this goes away. and if so, try to disable this feature in the vaistech unit and see if it helps
Old 02-24-14, 11:33 AM
hanuman
Rookie

Holy smokes batman that makes perfect sense. It acts like someone is pushing a button. I have the MML series.

I did not have to push the button before the update, the navigation simply showed the warning screen then went into navigation mode. However, I did screw around with the bypass feature thinking it would make the warning go away.

So after the update something must have happened. I will reset the Vais tech to disable this feature and see what happens.

P's on another note did you do the wire cutting mod or install the prestigious society module. I could not get my wire mod to work. I think the vss wire on the 08 is different than the 07. Do you know?

Thanks allot this really helps.
Old 02-24-14, 12:01 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

glad to help! yeah sounds like that's what happened. you don't need to reset the MML, in the instruction there should be a way to reverse the bypass feature. if you just unplug the MML and plug it back in, it won't reset the unit. you will need to go through the dip switches again which is more painful imho.

the warning screen you see now won't go away no matter what. the bypass feature from vaistech is only for the "i agree" screen (which doesn't go away at all unless you press the button which is even more annoying)

i don't know much about the wire cutting, i had the prestigious bypass myself. wire cutting doesn't work well on the override anyway since there will be the time out issue

Last edited by rominl; 02-24-14 at 12:04 PM.
Old 02-25-14, 05:14 AM
hanuman
Rookie

R,

YOUR THE MAN! I believe that seting was the cause of my issue it did not jump this morning. Amazing how one setting can create an issue that could have been an inconvenience for years. Haha

Thanks, HP
Old 02-25-14, 10:33 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

you are very welcome hp, glad to help!