GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

MS8 ML Wiring Diagram Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-14, 08:41 PM
YaMomma
Driver

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by minh2015
When the system turn on without music playing, I can hear a very low buzzing sound. Some people can not hear it but I hear every time. What I like to do is using the remote wire of the ML amp. That way the MS8 and the aftermarket amps only turn on when the HU is on. And I believe that's the correct way to install it. The problem is I don't know which wire is remote turn on for the ML amp. Also If we can indentify that remote wire, using that wire will make installation easier too (without hacking into your fuse box and running long wire..ect)
I think its connector C pin 12 but i would test the line before splicing into it. The first post has the wiring diagram for the stock amp. I'm not positive it will matter because Bluetooth and navigation goes thru the amp. Therefore in theory the factory amp may always be on if the car is running. But who knows it may only turn on if your using Bluetooth or navigation.

Your buzzing sound could be a ground issue, I don't have any buzzing sound. But I also only have one amp for my subs.
Old 01-23-14, 12:56 AM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

When the system turn on without music playing, I can hear a very low buzzing sound. Some people can not hear it but I hear every time. What I like to do is using the remote wire of the ML amp. That way the MS8 and the aftermarket amps only turn on when the HU is on. And I believe that's the correct way to install it. The problem is I don't know which wire is remote turn on for the ML amp. Also If we can indentify that remote wire, using that wire will make installation easier too (without hacking into your fuse box and running long wire..ect)
It may be that your line level conversion (on the MS8 or mids and highs amplifier) is turned on too high, hissing noise is alternator whine, while you get a buzzing noise, which shouldn't be there.

I DID hear the same noise also, but because I turned down my level line conversion (I don't use the MS8 unfortunately because funds are lacking ATM), the noise went away .

YaMomma did make a great call, as that buzz might just be your RCAs having a little bit of a grounding issue also, I'd definitely check into that to make sure! (You can diagnose this by plugging and unplugging the RCA's on the amp and MS8).

GL!

FWIW: I have a JL G6600 (6ch) connected to ALL my mids and highs (4 6.5s and 6 1in tweeters), and a Kicker ZX750.1. Not one buzz/whining noise when the car is on and the radio is off .

Originally Posted by YaMomma
I think its connector C pin 12 but i would test the line before splicing into it. The first post has the wiring diagram for the stock amp. I'm not positive it will matter because Bluetooth and navigation goes thru the amp. Therefore in theory the factory amp may always be on if the car is running. But who knows it may only turn on if your using Bluetooth or navigation.

Your buzzing sound could be a ground issue, I don't have any buzzing sound. But I also only have one amp for my subs.
Man you made a great point!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...tall-help.html

I tapped my 12v ignition on the left side of the rear trunk fuse area.... No long wires no hassle.

GL!
Old 05-09-14, 11:24 PM
DrexLex
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by YaMomma
I'm also having a problem with distortion if the radio is turned up past 41 regardless of the volume coming out of the speakers. Meaning if i turn the MS8 down and the radio past 41 it starts clicking and popping even though the overall volume is low. If I turn the radio to 39 and turn up the volume on the MS8 it can be three times as loud with no distortion. I haven't figured out if its a problem with the MS8 or ML amplifier. Personally I think its the ML amp but at the same time before hooking up the MS8 I could turn the radio to MAX without any distortion.
I read that you ran the calibration already. But it might be good to run it again with the volume on the head unit set a little higher so it does a better job adapting to the higher level. Or have you got it working to your satisfaction since your original posts?

It's not a huge problem because the MS8 has more power then the ML amp.
I see no evidence of that. The MS8 has 8 amplifiers @20W into 4 ohms. That's essentially the same as the ML amp, except is has a few more channels. Same company, after all. Could be a lot more in common between these proc/amp platforms than that.

Originally Posted by Shibumi1
its in the ML amp itself.. it has a protection circuit setup that reads the resistance of each speaker in the car...(especially the sub) the issue lies with amp seeing the proper ohm load ...

i did wire an LCQ1 in on the sub (too take advantage of the accubass and the bass ****) but i needed to put a 100w 12ohm resistor in line across the speaker leads to trick the ML amp into thinking there is still a sub connected...
The ML amp does not care if the speakers are disconnected or it drives a higher impedance. I connected the sub output to a Kicker amplifier’s high impedance, high level speaker inputs and it’s perfectly happy. See details in the Kicker link in my sig.

Also what do you use for Amp Turn On trigger ? Last time I use the cigarette fuse and didn't like it at all because it turns on my amps and ms8 every time the car start.
On the ML amplifier, the 24 pin connector nearest the rear of the car has a gray wire at pin 12. This is the switched Accessory voltage that turns on the amp.

Last edited by DrexLex; 05-09-14 at 11:28 PM.
Old 03-16-16, 04:48 PM
Kashill
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good info and thanks for posting.