GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

So I went to a dealer.

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-13, 06:42 AM
tbilisi79
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default So I went to a dealer.

Went in for a routine oil change. Left the car there as I had things to do that day. I asked them to check the brakes since I knew the rears were almost done. I get a call within an hour telling me that the rear pads are indeed almost done and they will change them but will not resurface the rotors since they are after market ( centric,if I remember). Is said that's. fine just install, the pads.

When I picked up the car, they told me the rotors were cleaned up a bit, whatever that means and all is well.
When I drove the car it felt like it was dragging, in neutral the car would slow down on its own. Soon enough the rear brakes were smoking.
I made an angry phone call and returned to the dealership once more.they took the car right away and informed me that the tech forgot to clean up a caliper pin . They will clean it up and grease it right away and have it done in 10 min.
Car was ready in 15 and all was fine .

The advisor was very polite and apologetic, offered me a free oil change next time, but at this point I am done with these clowns. This is the second time I had to go back after getting the car serviced.
Last time they changed my tpms, and forgot to put back the valve caps on the tires. When I came back, one of the techs had the nerve to ask me if I really drove back to just to get the caps back.

$281 to change back pads and oil, I expected top notch service. To think they want $1900 to do the timing belt and water pump is just laughable. I got a Lexus senior tech who's doing this for half the price with all oem parts. And I know for sure it will be done right...
Old 09-29-13, 08:27 AM
SC4ME
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i know exactly how you feel, i went to the dealer to get the car serviced and they call me to tell me the bill is $7,000! i never said to do any work and instead of working with me they stripped all the work they did put back the old parts and dumped old fluids back into the car, i spoke to a manager who apologized and assigned me a new advisor, offered me a loaner which i declined because i dont want to pay $125 per day, i only payed for fluid change and diagnostics $400 bucks. i never saw the first advisor i had again : /
Old 10-07-13, 12:57 PM
tbilisi79
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Now I have to go to another dealer or to a local shop which I hate going to. Lucky I bought a Lexus so I don't have to see the dealer too often in the first place

Oh well.
Old 10-07-13, 03:57 PM
SC4ME
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tbilisi79
Now I have to go to another dealer or to a local shop which I hate going to. Lucky I bought a Lexus so I don't have to see the dealer too often in the first place

Oh well.
how'd it work out? at least your having better luck than me, my cars tranny has issues now
Old 10-07-13, 08:52 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

Went in for a routine oil change. Left the car there as I had things to do that day. I asked them to check the brakes since I knew the rears were almost done. I get a call within an hour telling me that the rear pads are indeed almost done and they will change them but will not resurface the rotors since they are after market ( centric,if I remember). Is said that's. fine just install, the pads.

When I picked up the car, they told me the rotors were cleaned up a bit, whatever that means and all is well.
When I drove the car it felt like it was dragging, in neutral the car would slow down on its own. Soon enough the rear brakes were smoking.
I made an angry phone call and returned to the dealership once more.they took the car right away and informed me that the tech forgot to clean up a caliper pin . They will clean it up and grease it right away and have it done in 10 min.
Car was ready in 15 and all was fine .

The advisor was very polite and apologetic, offered me a free oil change next time, but at this point I am done with these clowns. This is the second time I had to go back after getting the car serviced.
Last time they changed my tpms, and forgot to put back the valve caps on the tires. When I came back, one of the techs had the nerve to ask me if I really drove back to just to get the caps back.

$281 to change back pads and oil, I expected top notch service. To think they want $1900 to do the timing belt and water pump is just laughable. I got a Lexus senior tech who's doing this for half the price with all oem parts. And I know for sure it will be done right...
I read most of your content, and by god you have really bad luck! If you were nearby, i'd most definitely recc LoO (lexus of Orlando). They took great care of me! Never had a problem whatsoever. TBH with you, the brakes smoking up like that..... *sigh* Be wary when you brake, you might have warped the rotors while that accident happened. That isn't how (although some forums will tell you otherwise) you break rotors in LOL (not saying it was your fault, because it was obviously the DEALER's).

As for the valve caps, you should have snickered and asked his ignorant self, that each valve cap costs ONE hour of his pay (They're about $15-20 EACH when my service advisor asked me), and continue to ask him, "Now, would YOU come back for the valve caps?"

$1900 is A LOT to do timing belt and water pump. That's almost laughable, as I paid $900 for my transmission fluid change, radiator fluid change, brake flush, water pump, timing belt, rear diff fluid change, tire rotation, detail inside out, and to boot, they threw in new wipers! (I had previously already done minor maintanence of spark plugs and oil, so I asked them to oust that out of the service, which was only $100 less).

That's some laughable service, and I hope you disk it out with Corporate Lexus....

Originally Posted by SC4o0
i know exactly how you feel, i went to the dealer to get the car serviced and they call me to tell me the bill is $7,000! i never said to do any work and instead of working with me they stripped all the work they did put back the old parts and dumped old fluids back into the car, i spoke to a manager who apologized and assigned me a new advisor, offered me a loaner which i declined because i dont want to pay $125 per day, i only payed for fluid change and diagnostics $400 bucks. i never saw the first advisor i had again : /
Yikes! WTF did they do to make you pay $7k???? That's a nice down payment for another car LOL!

Oh well.
Find another dealer...... I trust my dealership 100% and they've never done me wrong..... My service advisor botched one of my tires and there was a bubble in it, he had new tires shipped in NEXT DAY AIR, had the tire put on and I returned the loaner and got back my car next day EASY.

The tire wasn't even on the Lexus list, they ordered one from an outside company simply because I requested it free of charge.
Old 10-15-13, 11:04 AM
Finkle
Driver School Candidate

$7k a down payment on another car... forget that. I would have bought myself a little pickup truck. I've been in the mood to buy an old single cab truck for going to the local home imporvement store.
Old 10-15-13, 11:50 AM
wassabie
Driver School Candidate

I just went in for a front brake replacement. I got the SAME line: "your water pump and timing belt need replacing" I went to the cashier and was joking around saying that this time was rather painful because of the unanticipated costs. She commented "We've seen quite a few cases like yours lately". It almost appears like lexus is trying to push this service...
Old 10-15-13, 06:19 PM
Simmsled
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by wassabie
I just went in for a front brake replacement. I got the SAME line: "your water pump and timing belt need replacing" I went to the cashier and was joking around saying that this time was rather painful because of the unanticipated costs. She commented "We've seen quite a few cases like yours lately". It almost appears like lexus is trying to push this service...
Should have gotten a GS300. The service guys keep trying to give me a free engine rebuild!
Old 10-15-13, 09:44 PM
SC4ME
Lead Lap

dealers are either really good or really bad. oh well i need an oil change.