GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

I got my RECALL on my 06 GS 300!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-13, 11:30 AM
LexusFan09
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I got my RECALL on my 06 GS 300!!!

Hey everyone. I ave a 2006 GS 300 with about 155,000 miles on it. I had noticed that when I was changing my oil every 3000 miles that a week or two after my oil change my "low engine oil level" light kept coming on so I was like this cant be right. I would check my dip stick and the oil would be low so I would have to run and buy more oil which was crazy! I just got a freakin oil change!! So i looked on here and I saw about the recall having something to do with the piston rings and some carbon build up. So i called lexus corporate and then I called my local lexus dealer and they act like they didn't know what I was talking about so I took my lexus to have it diagnosed and they called me back two days later and they said lexus was going to replace my pistons free of charge. I was sooooo excited. I cant wait to get my car back. They gave me a 2012 Lexus es350......I kind of don't like it. But anyway I cant wait to get my car back.

Hopefully I will be better than it was before. I will keep you all updated with more info!
Old 08-12-13, 11:15 AM
sirblinks
Lexus Test Driver

Keep us updated and goodluck to you!
Old 08-13-13, 11:09 PM
ToneTham
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LexusFan09
Hey everyone. I ave a 2006 GS 300 with about 155,000 miles on it. I had noticed that when I was changing my oil every 3000 miles that a week or two after my oil change my "low engine oil level" light kept coming on so I was like this cant be right. I would check my dip stick and the oil would be low so I would have to run and buy more oil which was crazy! I just got a freakin oil change!! So i looked on here and I saw about the recall having something to do with the piston rings and some carbon build up. So i called lexus corporate and then I called my local lexus dealer and they act like they didn't know what I was talking about so I took my lexus to have it diagnosed and they called me back two days later and they said lexus was going to replace my pistons free of charge. I was sooooo excited. I cant wait to get my car back. They gave me a 2012 Lexus es350......I kind of don't like it. But anyway I cant wait to get my car back.

Hopefully I will be better than it was before. I will keep you all updated with more info!
hey lexusfan, im glad to hear that lexus will cover for the cost. im actually going through the same delimma. my lexus has 144k and is burning up oil as well( about a half quart every 1k mile). i tried to contact lexus but it seems that their always busy. i called and told them about the recall but i guess they dont consider this issue a recall they told me all my recalls are up to date via vin number. Can you please let me know what you did exactly and how much did you have to pay out of your pockets? should i just go meet them in person at my local lexus and ask them to look at it. thanks
Old 08-14-13, 10:35 AM
sirblinks
Lexus Test Driver

You have to let them know its the customer support program. If you're nearby, try the Glendale location or even Cerritos. Longo wasn't bad, they took care of me with a loaner. The issues im having wasn't fixed tho. They couldnt duplicate it and stated the car is perfectly fine. Which i know it's not since my CEL came on again last night.
Old 08-14-13, 11:58 PM
ToneTham
Rookie

Originally Posted by sirblinks
You have to let them know its the customer support program. If you're nearby, try the Glendale location or even Cerritos. Longo wasn't bad, they took care of me with a loaner. The issues im having wasn't fixed tho. They couldnt duplicate it and stated the car is perfectly fine. Which i know it's not since my CEL came on again last night.
hey siblinks thanks for the tip, see thats my problem i dont know how to approach the issue, i could say to them its a customer support program, but i would be bs'in myself because i dont know what that is exactly, im from fresno, ca. we have a lexus dealership here. i still need to go talk to them. so did you pay them to diag, and the results were "negative" or something?
Old 08-15-13, 12:05 PM
sirblinks
Lexus Test Driver

No problem! What I did was bring it to Lexus, they asked for symptoms and i told them EVERYTHING. I also said, i want to have my car diagnosed for the customer support program cuz i think my issues are related. so they did. i didnt pay a dime when they couldnt find anything wrong. the link below will help you out, that's if you havent read it yet.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...e-misfire.html
Old 08-18-13, 03:42 PM
LexusFan09
Rookie

Hey man sorry for the late reply but wat u have to do is go up to the dealer and tell them you want your car diagnosed n tell them that the car is losing oil fast and that you want them to look at it. When they look at it they should contact lexus consumer relations and thats when they will pay for your service
Old 08-18-13, 03:47 PM
LexusFan09
Rookie

I got my lexus back after a week and they replace my piston rings some other parts of the engine along with my water pump and spark plugs. Car runs like it has 15 miles on it compared to the 155000 miles i have now. But when i called lexus dealer and corporate they act like i didnt know what i was talking about. But wat i did was took my car up to lexus dealer and i told them wat was going on and told them i wanted a diagnosis for losing oil and they really took care of me.
Old 08-18-13, 03:48 PM
ToneTham
Rookie

yo thanks lexus fan, hey did you get a loaner if so what was it. they will cover for the cost correct? all we do is pay for diag and maybe waterpump if that hasnt been done
Old 08-18-13, 05:21 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

Lexus should always give you a loaner. I think this service charge is completely free too.
Old 08-18-13, 11:00 PM
max2002
Driver School Candidate

i called lexus dealer regarding oil consumption, however i mentioned that my car has a perfect idle, and they said, oil consumption is not part of the program for recall, misfire however are covered 100% by the dealer, which have symptoms of rough idle and car near stall.
Old 08-19-13, 04:50 AM
ToneTham
Rookie

Originally Posted by max2002
i called lexus dealer regarding oil consumption, however i mentioned that my car has a perfect idle, and they said, oil consumption is not part of the program for recall, misfire however are covered 100% by the dealer, which have symptoms of rough idle and car near stall.
wow, im curious how i should approach lexus about this problem
Old 08-19-13, 04:26 PM
ToneTham
Rookie

sup fellas, just an update. today i dropped the car off to lexus told them about the signs of the car (fuel consumption and idle) so far they i did not pay anything yet, still waiting for the rep to call me. He says its a high chance that lexus will pay to fix this issue. Its pretty common he says. but they have to look at if there is build up of carbon or something like that if so they will fix it free of charge. just got a loaner ct200 they were backed up and did not have time to look at my car yet

Last edited by ToneTham; 08-19-13 at 06:56 PM.
Old 08-21-13, 12:03 AM
ToneTham
Rookie

Originally Posted by ToneTham
sup fellas, just an update. today i dropped the car off to lexus told them about the signs of the car (fuel consumption and idle) so far they i did not pay anything yet, still waiting for the rep to call me. He says its a high chance that lexus will pay to fix this issue. Its pretty common he says. but they have to look at if there is build up of carbon or something like that if so they will fix it free of charge. just got a loaner ct200 they were backed up and did not have time to look at my car yet
still waiting on my car got my the loaner for the second day now, the ct200 is hella good on gas but damn its horrible to drive on the freeways.
Old 11-12-13, 04:42 PM
cwalk566
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LexusFan09
I got my lexus back after a week and they replace my piston rings some other parts of the engine along with my water pump and spark plugs. Car runs like it has 15 miles on it compared to the 155000 miles i have now. But when i called lexus dealer and corporate they act like i didnt know what i was talking about. But wat i did was took my car up to lexus dealer and i told them wat was going on and told them i wanted a diagnosis for losing oil and they really took care of me.
Hi LexusFan09. I have a very well-kept, well-maintained 06 GS 300 AWD that is using around 1 quart of synthetic oil per 1000 miles. I suspect I have the same problem as your 06 GS. I am second owner. I will be taking it to a large dealership, Ira Lexus, in Danvers, MA, tomorrow to check out the problem. I hope to god they fix it for free the way yours was. Any suggestions on what I should say to them other than describing the problem? Was there in fact a recall? Many thanx, Craig