GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460
Old 12-15-14, 03:32 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: General Overview
Print Wikipost

06 gs430 performance mods?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-13, 05:54 PM
hakisaki
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 gs430 performance mods?

who makes performance part's for a 2006 gs430.. and i already have a tanabe medallion exhaust.
Old 07-30-13, 06:48 PM
worker
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

that's what the GS450 and GS460h and Lexus-F is for.
Old 07-30-13, 07:12 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

You need a piggyback for the system. Passnu2 was onto something long ago, but he didn't venture too far into it. The old 3uz-fe from the 05's and under have the same engine, so their intakes lined up with the 06+ okay.

I believe it was Swift racing or something, I forgot..... You can always do a search.
Old 07-30-13, 08:31 PM
hakisaki
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by worker
that's what the GS450 and GS460h and Lexus-F is for.
i have a 790 rwhp jeep str8 but i would like to make the lexus perform a little better.
Old 07-30-13, 08:32 PM
hakisaki
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
You need a piggyback for the system. Passnu2 was onto something long ago, but he didn't venture too far into it. The old 3uz-fe from the 05's and under have the same engine, so their intakes lined up with the 06+ okay.

I believe it was Swift racing or something, I forgot..... You can always do a search.
i'm honestly just looking for bolt on's and does anybody make a mid pipe?
Old 07-31-13, 02:26 PM
masboy
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

i believe Nvidia have mid pipe for 350, not quite sure about 430. need some mods a bit probably ?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...st-system.html
Old 07-31-13, 04:34 PM
designo
Pole Position

Received 446 Likes on 283 Posts

Ask me, what do you want to know?
Old 07-31-13, 07:46 PM
hakisaki
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by designo
i would like a full intake and a mid pipe? or honestly just anything to improve performance
Old 07-31-13, 11:36 PM
AustinSBP
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

last time i asked i didnt get any answers
Old 08-01-13, 10:29 AM
designo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by hakisaki
i would like a full intake and a mid pipe? or honestly just anything to improve performance
You will not get any relevant performance gain unless you can crack the V8 GS ECU. Which cannot be manipulated.

The best you can do is add a performance panel filter like K&N or Tom's.
And replace your catted mid pipes with an Invidia resonated mid pipes.
Your axle back exhaust can be replaced with something lighter perhaps.

And if you're lucky you can de-cat your primary exhaust manifolds and have O2 simulators installed to cancel out any potential CEL.

Anything else and you're asking for trouble. Unless you can find a way to crack that ECU and keep your parameters stable, you will not be able to play around with timing, and boost should you decide to force induce your engine!

Here's what an invidia mid pipe looks like on a V8. The flanges that connect to the headers need to cut off and rotated to fit the angle of the stock flanges. Also, the O2 sensor bungs need to be relocated. Nothing a good exhaust shop can't handle in a couple of hours!

Stock Midpips

I used an Apexi Neo A/F controller with a custome made harness I purchased from Passnu.. it didn't work. I was able to run a TRD supercharger on my GS460 but things didn't work out too well as I was not able to control A/F and that almost blew my motor!

Here's a video of what potential a GS460 could have if it was possible to keep it reliably stable!

Last edited by designo; 08-01-13 at 10:32 AM.
Old 08-04-13, 09:47 AM
duongn
Driver School Candidate

You will not get any relevant performance gain unless you can crack the V8 GS ECU. Which cannot be manipulated.

The best you can do is add a performance panel filter like K&N or Tom's.
And replace your catted mid pipes with an Invidia resonated mid pipes.
Your axle back exhaust can be replaced with something lighter perhaps.

And if you're lucky you can de-cat your primary exhaust manifolds and have O2 simulators installed to cancel out any potential CEL.

Anything else and you're asking for trouble. Unless you can find a way to crack that ECU and keep your parameters stable, you will not be able to play around with timing, and boost should you decide to force induce your engine!

Here's what an invidia mid pipe looks like on a V8. The flanges that connect to the headers need to cut off and rotated to fit the angle of the stock flanges. Also, the O2 sensor bungs need to be relocated. Nothing a good exhaust shop can't handle in a couple of hours!

Stock Midpips

I used an Apexi Neo A/F controller with a custome made harness I purchased from Passnu.. it didn't work. I was able to run a TRD supercharger on my GS460 but things didn't work out too well as I was not able to control A/F and that almost blew my motor!

Here's a video of what potential a GS460 could have if it was possible to keep it reliably stable!

GS460 Playing with M5 - YouTube
nice info provide w/ photos!!!, for the invidia mid pipes, did you have to custom one or dose invidia provided one for the v8? ( was only able to find it for the IS )
Old 08-04-13, 11:04 AM
designo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by duongn
nice info provide w/ photos!!!, for the invidia mid pipes, did you have to custom one or dose invidia provided one for the v8? ( was only able to find it for the IS )
No, the Invidia mid pipe is designed for the V6, it had to be modified as per the pics for it to fit a V8.
Old 08-04-13, 06:32 PM
duongn
Driver School Candidate

No, the Invidia mid pipe is designed for the V6, it had to be modified as per the pics for it to fit a V8.
ohhh, thanks for clearing that up. which mid pipe did you use? i saw one for the gs300 is that the correct one? if you don't mind me asking?.

Last edited by duongn; 08-04-13 at 07:12 PM.
Old 08-04-13, 10:44 PM
designo
Pole Position

Yes, they only make one type for the 3GS. They are direct fits onto 300's and 350's. I'm not sure if they fit AWD's though. I don't know you'll have to ask Invidia.
Old 08-05-13, 12:54 AM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 740 Likes on 638 Posts

Better off having someone custom make the pipe for you. Invidia pipes are pricey and then factor in the install. Personally I would have a shop custom make the pipes and install them with flanges to match the incvidia design.

Quick Reply: 06 gs430 performance mods?