GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

New Wheel just came in!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-13, 07:25 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

if it doesn't, you tell them and they will re-spec it haha. Keep us up to date!
Old 07-15-13, 08:36 PM
Lex Luga
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MX5
Sweet - looks somehow familiar
I was thinking the same when i saw your wheels lol.. Varrstoen wheels are cheap and decently made, , so very easy to come by on CL... may sell the vossen cv1's and varrstoen's in the future for something better and forged maybe?
Old 07-16-13, 09:44 PM
hakisaki
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by gojeezy123
Rides lookin clean!

+1 for BC Racing!

Sorry OP, I'm going to hijack your thread real quick...

To XxGoKoUxX: Did you get the swift spring upgrade? if so, which spring rates did you get? and what are your dampers set at?
are the bc racing coil's really that comfortable of a ride? my d2's rode like crap... and will they still be comfortable with the coil's fully dropped?
Old 07-16-13, 10:27 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Originally Posted by Lex Luga
I was thinking the same when i saw your wheels lol.. Varrstoen wheels are cheap and decently made, , so very easy to come by on CL... may sell the vossen cv1's and varrstoen's in the future for something better and forged maybe?
A lot of weight loss too when you go from conventional wheels to forged wheels

Sell both and get a nice Forged set! I'm officially broke for the next few months till I can afford a set of wheels, but when I do buy, i'm going forged just like you FL roads are not very forgiving.

Originally Posted by hakisaki
are the bc racing coil's really that comfortable of a ride? my d2's rode like crap... and will they still be comfortable with the coil's fully dropped?
I don't know of anyone here that's used D2 coilovers. Your coilover comfortability depends on how you adjust them, the type of spring rates you purchased, and the dampening system you can adjust by. Full rebound will be a bit stiffer, but overall comfortability should be better IMO.

BCR Coilovers nice perks are that u can get custom spring rates.... Also if you don't want to compress the springs too much, BCR Coilovers have a lower adjustment where you can move the struts up and down for further adjustment. Apparently so were your D2 coilovers.

EDIT: Apparently 80% of these Honda owners hated their D2 coilovers, with the exception of a few.....

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2624516
Old 07-18-13, 07:38 PM
hiendo85
Rookie

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
A lot of weight loss too when you go from conventional wheels to forged wheels

Sell both and get a nice Forged set! I'm officially broke for the next few months till I can afford a set of wheels, but when I do buy, i'm going forged just like you FL roads are not very forgiving.

I don't know of anyone here that's used D2 coilovers. Your coilover comfortability depends on how you adjust them, the type of spring rates you purchased, and the dampening system you can adjust by. Full rebound will be a bit stiffer, but overall comfortability should be better IMO.

BCR Coilovers nice perks are that u can get custom spring rates.... Also if you don't want to compress the springs too much, BCR Coilovers have a lower adjustment where you can move the struts up and down for further adjustment. Apparently so were your D2 coilovers.

EDIT: Apparently 80% of these Honda owners hated their D2 coilovers, with the exception of a few.....

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2624516
damnit, brought car to dealership they told me it doesnt need an alignment and they also test drive it and told me everything was normal!!! FML,, or mayb its just me....
Old 07-18-13, 08:09 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Lexus doesn't lie, you should be just fine then hahaha.... I'm sure other shops would tell you otherwise though. Did you specify it steers to the left a bit?

You also have to take notice, that our cars have electronic steering racks, you will feel every bit of sensitivity on the road.
Old 07-20-13, 09:47 AM
hiendo85
Rookie

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
Lexus doesn't lie, you should be just fine then hahaha.... I'm sure other shops would tell you otherwise though. Did you specify it steers to the left a bit?

You also have to take notice, that our cars have electronic steering racks, you will feel every bit of sensitivity on the road.
yea, told them everything, they told me im fine unless i want to spend the money... lol they are so honest...
Old 08-23-13, 10:03 AM
hiendo85
Rookie

Default Got the caliper painted!

Got the caliper painted! No more mods for this baby!! Thinking about trading it in for a new is-f but I don't like the inside bc it is too small compare to this GS and i don't like the new GS either. Its too boxy for me. Any suggestion on what I should look into? Or maybe just keep it.. It never gave me any problem and I still love my baby..the new is-f sport is so tempting though..
Attached Thumbnails New Wheel just came in!!!!-image.jpg  

Last edited by hiendo85; 08-23-13 at 10:11 AM.
Old 08-23-13, 10:24 AM
hiendo85
Rookie

Default Also Replace factory bulbs.

Got the factory d4s bulbs replaced to 6000k also have DRL replaced and fog light replaced
Here are some pix..
Old 08-23-13, 10:26 AM
hiendo85
Rookie

Here's a closer look at the 6000k and DRL, i love that blue on the DRL

Last edited by hiendo85; 08-23-13 at 10:41 AM.
Old 08-23-13, 10:29 AM
hiendo85
Rookie

Another shot from different angle.
Old 08-23-13, 10:36 AM
hiendo85
Rookie

Here's how it look before, Glad i finally got rid of that ugly yellow fog and DRL

Last edited by hiendo85; 08-23-13 at 10:42 AM.
Old 08-23-13, 12:39 PM
LexRuger
Pole Position

Received 186 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by hiendo85
Got the caliper painted! No more mods for this baby!! Thinking about trading it in for a new is-f but I don't like the inside bc it is too small compare to this GS and i don't like the new GS either. Its too boxy for me. Any suggestion on what I should look into? Or maybe just keep it.. It never gave me any problem and I still love my baby..the new is-f sport is so tempting though..
I know this is the Lexus forum but the new CTS looks pretty mean
Old 08-25-13, 09:08 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

With my job, obviously I am around Lexus cars everyday. Sometimes the thought of getting a new car pops into my head. I have considered an ISF, 14 IS350 F-Sport, 13 GS350 and LS460. But in the end it just doesn't make much sense to me. Any IS model feels like a downgrade and I'm a big guy. LS is too big for a daily driver and the 4GS styling is nice but not for me.
The 3GS, especially modded just looks really cool.
Instead I think I will just wait until whatever coupe is coming and consider that. It would be just a consideration because I do like the 3GS.
Old 08-25-13, 12:56 PM
gsssss
Driver School Candidate

How much it cost you installed??

Thanks all for positive feedbacks..
Wheels spec.

Giovanna Mecca
20 x 8.5 front
20 x 10 rear

Tire size
245x35x20 front Nitto NT 555
275x30x20 rear Nitto NT 555

Didn't need to do any modifications, rims and tires fit and ride just fine...
Here's another picture of how it sit now.
You didn't have to adjust your fender liners either? I test fitted my wheels yesterday with the same setup and it was rubbing when I was turning my wheels left to right.

Quick Reply: New Wheel just came in!!!!