GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Lexus F Sport Springs + 20"mrr

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-13, 05:26 PM
Lexo11
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
Who told you that silliness . You don't need to remove the rear seats, Unless you are doing Air susp. and need to drag the remote lines to the front of the car. You just need to remove the carpet lining in the trunk on the two sides (it isn't hard to do either, a few screws here and there and you have instant access).

Glad I asked. Yesterday I called the dealer to get a quote on how much it will cost for them to install the springs and they quoted me for $700.00 for installation and alignment. I ended up calling a few local places that where much cheaper.

I guess my main concern is how rough the car will be. I hear all these stories of people complaining about how rough it gets and how often they have to replace tires due to improper wear of the tires. Again, I'm only putting F sport Lexus springs which only drop it very little 1-2 inch I believe. Any one out there with 20" how are you currently dealing with it?

Last edited by Lexo11; 07-28-13 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Minor error.
Old 07-28-13, 06:02 PM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 740 Likes on 638 Posts

Here you go oem suspension hr2's in chrome

The ride is good just make sure you put a good quality set of tires on.

Old 07-28-13, 07:12 PM
Lexo11
Rookie

Originally Posted by ibidu1
Here you go oem suspension hr2's in chrome

The ride is good just make sure you put a good quality set of tires on.

Looks very nice! How much do you feel the ride quality has changed since you upgraded to 20's?
how is it dealing with pot holes?

Btw, car looks stunning!
Old 07-28-13, 08:55 PM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

The ride is great, I like the way it handles better then OEM. But when you go to 20's the tires are a bit noiser, the ride is very comfortable. Pot holes I handle just like I did with oem, you just have to becareful parking it and not ride up curbs because the face of the wheel is exposed.

What size tires and brand are you going to run?
Old 07-28-13, 09:00 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexo11
Glad I asked. Yesterday I called the dealer to get a quote on how much it will cost for them to install the springs and they quoted me for $700.00 for installation and alignment. I ended up calling a few local places that where much cheaper.

I guess my main concern is how rough the car will be. I hear all these stories of people complaining about how rough it gets and how often they have to replace tires due to improper wear of the tires. Again, I'm only putting F sport Lexus springs which only drop it very little 1-2 inch I believe. Any one out there with 20" how are you currently dealing with it?
I can't tell you how F-sport springs are with 20s, I can tell you how 20s and stock suspension feels though.

Just get a decent quality tire (Michelin, Continental, heck.... even the Falken fk452's or whatever they are, are okay).

I'm on bags/air, I DO indeed ride a bit lower, to where the tire is aligned at the top of the wheel barrel, and I have decent and even wear, within spec... Matter of fact, I got the car back from Lexus (this is after ~5k miles) and the tires are wearing out pretty decently. My service advisor took the car for a test drive since I had tire rotation, transmission flush and all that jazz changed out, and he complimented on how well the car rode for air suspension (probably expecting that super bounce like hydraulics).
Old 07-28-13, 11:24 PM
Lexo11
Rookie

The ride is great, I like the way it handles better then OEM. But when you go to 20's the tires are a bit noiser, the ride is very comfortable. Pot holes I handle just like I did with oem, you just have to becareful parking it and not ride up curbs because the face of the wheel is exposed.

What size tires and brand are you going to run?
The tires are Nitto Nt555 245/45/20 all around. Not staggered.
-Offset 20" x 8.5
Offset +35
Old 07-28-13, 11:25 PM
Lexo11
Rookie

I can't tell you how F-sport springs are with 20s, I can tell you how 20s and stock suspension feels though.

Just get a decent quality tire (Michelin, Continental, heck.... even the Falken fk452's or whatever they are, are okay).

I'm on bags/air, I DO indeed ride a bit lower, to where the tire is aligned at the top of the wheel barrel, and I have decent and even wear, within spec... Matter of fact, I got the car back from Lexus (this is after ~5k miles) and the tires are wearing out pretty decently. My service advisor took the car for a test drive since I had tire rotation, transmission flush and all that jazz changed out, and he complimented on how well the car rode for air suspension (probably expecting that super bounce like hydraulics).

Makes sense, I guess it should be fine in this case.
Old 07-29-13, 02:02 AM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

The tires are Nitto Nt555 245/45/20 all around. Not staggered.
-Offset 20" x 8.5
Offset +35
Ya, I wish I would have purchased those tires. Why didnt you purchase staggered? The rear is the sweetest part of the HR2 because its a lil concaved
Old 07-29-13, 08:09 AM
XxGoKoUxX

I would think it's for tire rotations
Old 07-29-13, 01:32 PM
Lexo11
Rookie

Ya, I wish I would have purchased those tires. Why didnt you purchase staggered? The rear is the sweetest part of the HR2 because its a lil concaved

The thing is I purchased these wheels and tires used, however, previous owner used them for a couple of month so both tires and wheels are in great shape. Now, as far as tires, I'm very picky cause of safety and proper handling considering we are driving luxury vehicles. I'm not too sure about these Nitto tires. Currently my oem 18 wheels is siting on Bridge Stone Re760 which are amazing tires. This is another reason why I'm hesitating to switch to the Nitto tires since I purchased these Bridge Stone a few months ago.

As far as not having the tires staggered that was kind of out of my hands, but on the plus side I can rotate them and save a buck or two
Old 07-29-13, 04:20 PM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

The thing is I purchased these wheels and tires used, however, previous owner used them for a couple of month so both tires and wheels are in great shape. Now, as far as tires, I'm very picky cause of safety and proper handling considering we are driving luxury vehicles. I'm not too sure about these Nitto tires. Currently my oem 18 wheels is siting on Bridge Stone Re760 which are amazing tires. This is another reason why I'm hesitating to switch to the Nitto tires since I purchased these Bridge Stone a few months ago.

As far as not having the tires staggered that was kind of out of my hands, but on the plus side I can rotate them and save a buck or two
Ive only heard good things about the nittos, I wish I would have run them. Im on the conti DWS and Im not crazy about them.

You could always look on ebay for a pair of wheels, at times they sell pretty cheap.
Old 07-29-13, 10:15 PM
XxGoKoUxX

What do you not like about your conti DWS? I LOVE my conti DWS..... With occasional harsh turns, the car grips damn well and doesn't do too bad on sharp turns either. Especially in the rain.... I lose about a quarter second of traction and it catches right after.

I have the Continental PureContacts though.
Old 07-29-13, 10:37 PM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

What do you not like about your conti DWS? I LOVE my conti DWS..... With occasional harsh turns, the car grips damn well and doesn't do too bad on sharp turns either. Especially in the rain.... I lose about a quarter second of traction and it catches right after.

I have the Continental PureContacts though.
Coming from the falken fk452

1. The DWS is a more square tire I rubbed very little with the falken, I rubbed a lot with the DWS.
2. The DWS has nylon in the rubber, when the car is parked the tires will flat spot. It takes me a block or two for the tires to heat up and run smooth. Ive balanced 2-3 times and none of my wheels are warped or bent.

Suprisingly the falkens were a smoother tire, but the reason I pulled them off was because of tread noise in which the DWS was slightly quiter.
Old 07-30-13, 07:23 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Ahhh, so that's your problem with the tire.

I'm sure the wear rates on the DWS is better overall than the falken fk452's too!

The Continentals are indeed more squared off tires, but they were nothing squared compared to the dunlops I had.... when I say square looking, i'm talkin about 90 degree angle square! It looked soo weird, and it had a weird bulge coming outwards that looks like the tire was a 255-265 series on a 245 (but it was indeed a 245) series tire!

Either way, 3-4 months in now, I still love my Continental Pure Contacts.