GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Brabusx2's noob questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-13, 07:20 PM
Brabusx2
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Brabusx2's noob questions

Hi all, so I had my 2007 GS450h for a year now...

something still confuse me and the books doesn't really tell me much.

1. My car randomly roll down all the windows, I don't think my key touch anything but it just does it. sometime it open half way, sometime all the way down. I tried to experiment it myself press and hold the unlock key for 30 second nothing happen (my office is 40 feet away from my car and is indoor)

2. When i need to enter my car, the keyless remote normally unlock all the doors doens't matter which side i place my hand on, but for some reason it start to only unlock driver, i have to place my hand on the other door to make it unlock, kinda annoying.

3. I just upgrade my iPhone 4s to an iPhone 5. the 4s connected the car bluetooth perfectly fine, but then the iPhone 5 always fail. Went to Apple Store used that as a perfect excuse to replace me a brand new iPhone 5 but it still giving me the same issue. (this is important since I like having my phone connected to car bluetooth, my Galaxy Note 2 works perfectly fine)

4. one time I tried to change parking light bulb myself and found out it wasn't tight enough it fell into the housing =_=, any idea how to take it out without taking the bumper and headlight apart?its not bugging me but maybe i want it out in the future.

5. what do you guys do with this epic compartment? nothing can fit in there.

6. I just received a postcard in the mail regarding a class action lawsuit against Toyota with their ETCS are defective, anyone else here got this? Did you join or did you opt out?

7. Summer is coming, and everytime i blast the AC it smell like public restroom, I was told this happened because of the molds inside the condenser everytime i shut off the car. The dealer say nothing they can do about it, but turn the heater on to max for 30mins and let the heat cleanse it. Doesn't seems to help the smell start to come and linger everytime I drive now

Thanks in advance
Old 04-11-13, 08:20 PM
designo
Pole Position

Received 446 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by Brabusx2
1. My car randomly roll down all the windows, I don't think my key touch anything but it just does it. sometime it open half way, sometime all the way down. I tried to experiment it myself press and hold the unlock key for 30 second nothing happen (my office is 40 feet away from my car and is indoor)
I think you might need to have it reprogrammed!

2. When i need to enter my car, the keyless remote normally unlock all the doors doens't matter which side i place my hand on, but for some reason it start to only unlock driver, i have to place my hand on the other door to make it unlock, kinda annoying.
You can set that by using your remote control! Sitting in the car, shut off, press-and-hold both the lock and unlock buttons on the fob. After a few seconds there'll be a beep or two, and the dash will display a pic of the car, with either one door, or all doors, open. Each time you do the exercise it switches.

3. I just upgrade my iPhone 4s to an iPhone 5. the 4s connected the car bluetooth perfectly fine, but then the iPhone 5 always fail. Went to Apple Store used that as a perfect excuse to replace me a brand new iPhone 5 but it still giving me the same issue. (this is important since I like having my phone connected to car bluetooth, my Galaxy Note 2 works perfectly fine)
Will it pair or not?

4. one time I tried to change parking light bulb myself and found out it wasn't tight enough it fell into the housing =_=, any idea how to take it out without taking the bumper and headlight apart?its not bugging me but maybe i want it out in the future.
Cloth hanger looped at the end with cardboard glued on!

5. what do you guys do with this epic compartment? nothing can fit in there.
Extra coins!

7. Summer is coming, and everytime i blast the AC it smell like public restroom, I was told this happened because of the molds inside the condenser everytime i shut off the car. The dealer say nothing they can do about it, but turn the heater on to max for 30mins and let the heat cleanse it. Doesn't seems to help the smell start to come and linger everytime I drive now
Replace your cabin air filter!
Old 04-11-13, 08:44 PM
ReLexing
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, I also have gotten that possible recall/lawsuit notice.
Old 04-11-13, 08:52 PM
anthrax144
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My guess on the windows rolling down is that you somehow are depressing the unlock button on the key fob in your pocket. If you hold it down long enough it rolls down all the windows. Although I thought this only worked when the car was turned off but maybe not.

Epic compartment = extra change storage to go along with the coin holder and the ash tray. I think I can store about $30 in change in the car. You never know when you might need it....
Old 04-12-13, 06:36 AM
TexasTaco
Driver

Lol, I got 5 of those recall notices from various Toyotas I bought the past few years
Old 04-12-13, 06:51 AM
bigblack06

Received 315 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by designo

You can set that by using your remote control! Sitting in the car, shut off, press-and-hold both the lock and unlock buttons on the fob. After a few seconds there'll be a beep or two, and the dash will display a pic of the car, with either one door, or all doors, open. Each time you do the exercise it switches.

Will it pair or not?

Extra coins!

Everything he said.
Old 04-12-13, 06:54 PM
Brabusx2
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by designo

Will it pair or not?

Extra coins!

Thanks man!!!
i fix the door unlock issue, now it unlock all door now,

as for Iphone 5, it still won't pair, it keep giving me fail message.

I will try the clothes hanger tricks tonight...

the cabin air filter is brand new, i replace it few times myself but its form the AC not filter i heard, i took it out and sniff it it still fresh
Old 05-21-13, 01:00 PM
BurnRubber
Driver School Candidate

as for Iphone 5, it still won't pair, it keep giving me fail message.

I also have a 2007 gs450h and an iPhone 5 that won't pair. I have checked the lexus Bluetooth compatibility site and it says that my car and phone combination have not been tested yet. I have searched the web and these forums as well and can't seem to find an answer. Perhaps the iPhone 5's Bluetooth protocol is just not compatible?
Old 05-21-13, 04:06 PM
sirblinks
Lexus Test Driver

Replace your cabin air filter![/QUOTE]

Ive replaced mine too 2-3 weeks ago and still have the same issue...
Old 05-21-13, 04:15 PM
Brabusx2
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BurnRubber
I also have a 2007 gs450h and an iPhone 5 that won't pair. I have checked the lexus Bluetooth compatibility site and it says that my car and phone combination have not been tested yet. I have searched the web and these forums as well and can't seem to find an answer. Perhaps the iPhone 5's Bluetooth protocol is just not compatible?
what i did was, remove all the phones that was register with the car, then rename your car "handfree" to whatever the heck you wanna name it, then it should pair

don't ask me why.. but it work
Old 05-21-13, 04:47 PM
Macboi
Rookie

Originally Posted by sirblinks
Ive replaced mine too 2-3 weeks ago and still have the same issue...[/QUOTE]

knock on wood. I still haven't had this smell everyone talked about.
Old 05-21-13, 06:14 PM
BurnRubber
Driver School Candidate

what i did was, remove all the phones that was register with the car, then rename your car "handfree" to whatever the heck you wanna name it, then it should pair

don't ask me why.. but it work
Thanks for the reply bro! So I tried renaming the Bluetooth device and my phone still doesn't pair. I tried a friend's iPhone 4S and that worked fine. I have to assume its my phone then however, my phone pairs normally with my other Bluetooth devices including the in-dash DVD deck in my truck. Terribly frustrating.

Update: I attempted to pair a non-jailbroken, iOS 6.1.3 iPhone 5 and even that one won't connect. Maybe it's time to switch to Samsung!

Last edited by BurnRubber; 05-21-13 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Update
Old 05-21-13, 06:24 PM
bigblack06

Received 315 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by BurnRubber
Trust me it works, I had an iPhone 5 and a 2007 Lexus GS 450h no problems when I had it, try to reset the your Bluetooth on your iPhone and see if that fixes it.
Old 05-24-13, 03:07 AM
BurnRubber
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bigblack06
Trust me it works, I had an iPhone 5 and a 2007 Lexus GS 450h no problems when I had it, try to reset the your Bluetooth on your iPhone and see if that fixes it.
I definitely trust your word on this but it's been a few days now that I've been trying this and no dice. I have successfully paired every one of my friends phones that I could get ahold of, save for the 2 iPhone 5's. I've reset the network settings on my phone, tried to pair it with the wifi on and off and also had the LTE off. I spoke to the only lexus dealership on the island and the advisor told me that I'm not following the directions and I should call my sales person. So I called him and he walked me through the steps with the same result: my phone gives me the failed to pair message. It sees the hands free device but when I touch it, it doesn't let me enter the pass key and fails to pair. I just can't believe that this is so difficult and that I actually have to consult the Internet on this! I'm sorry you guys for sounding like an idiot that doesn't know what he's doing but at this point, all I can do is rant and beg for some insight.
Old 05-24-13, 03:38 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

ha that little cubby hole is pretty pointless but like someone else said, i just threw my loose change in there.

Quick Reply: Brabusx2's noob questions