GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Official 3rd gen GS air ride thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-13, 05:46 PM
gs350RWD
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Soon!

Couple more days and it will be out the shop. Here's my pending set up
Attached Thumbnails Official 3rd gen GS air ride thread-img958177.jpg  
Old 09-30-13, 07:04 PM
Dirteeboy
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Still a work in progress, but for the most part the air portion in done

UAS w/Megans, Ridetech Management, E2 w/LevelPro, 2X Viair 480s (overkill, but no waiting on fills), SPC rear camber arms...sorry for the crappy camera phone pics

Debating on a lip kit, upgrade to E3? waiting for FIGS rear LCAs and toe links

criticisms welcome, haha don't mind the dirty car...yes, it needs a wash

Last edited by Dirteeboy; 09-30-13 at 07:07 PM.
Old 09-30-13, 08:31 PM
SoCal_450h
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gs350RWD
Couple more days and it will be out the shop. Here's my pending set up

Show Off....LOL...Another Killer setup....
Old 10-01-13, 07:12 AM
BGG
Pole Position

im hoping to begin buying all the bits and pieces for a kit soon.... spent it all on a bbk
Old 10-01-13, 10:30 AM
TexasTaco
Driver

Dual compressors look sooo much better
Old 10-01-13, 05:42 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

Anyone on dual compressors/ running larger compressors have problems charging up? I can clearly tell a difference when my compressors go off if I hit the gas a little and it goes up 500-1k RPM.

My HO Alt's on it's way anyways. Just wanted to hear input if anyone is running through the same probs as me.
Old 10-01-13, 06:59 PM
SoCal_450h
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BGG
im hoping to begin buying all the bits and pieces for a kit soon.... spent it all on a bbk
Lets do it....LOL
Old 10-02-13, 05:26 AM
BGG
Pole Position

Can you guys post suggestions in terms of what people should do or what you wish you would have done? Looking through this no one persons setup is the same. Should one use dual tanks and dual compressors? On e big tank and one high rated compressor? etc... Thanks!
Old 10-02-13, 09:04 AM
gs350RWD
Rookie

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BGG
Can you guys post suggestions in terms of what people should do or what you wish you would have done? Looking through this no one persons setup is the same. Should one use dual tanks and dual compressors? On e big tank and one high rated compressor? etc... Thanks!
Basically it all depends on your taste. Mine is (2) 3gal tank. Some people use (2) 5gal tank and its all for looks. And I picked 2 comps so it looks crowded. Imagine 1 or 2 tank with 1 comp on your trunk. Your system looks out of place. Might as well get a hidden set up if thats what u looking for.
Old 10-02-13, 09:05 AM
gs350RWD
Rookie

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SoCal_450h

Show Off....LOL...Another Killer setup....
Maaaan just get the set up lol! Also so we can hangout.
Old 10-02-13, 10:57 AM
XxGoKoUxX

Originally Posted by BGG
I <3 my accuair setup. It's saved my *** even though I have pretty bad leaks up front (right now it's unknown so far, but i'll figure it out tomorrow).

If I could change things, I'd go bigger compressors, two 5-gallon tanks, and Airrex bags. This is because the Airrex bags take less effort to air up, the UAS bags, while very very sturdy, take more compressed air to push up. That's just me though .

I'm also though, having electrical issues (minor IMO). Concerning high amperage draw from the system.
Old 10-02-13, 11:26 AM
BGG
Pole Position

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
I <3 my accuair setup. It's saved my *** even though I have pretty bad leaks up front (right now it's unknown so far, but i'll figure it out tomorrow).

If I could change things, I'd go bigger compressors, two 5-gallon tanks, and Airrex bags. This is because the Airrex bags take less effort to air up, the UAS bags, while very very sturdy, take more compressed air to push up. That's just me though .

I'm also though, having electrical issues (minor IMO). Concerning high amperage draw from the system.
thanks for the insight... did you go with an off the shelf system or piece everything together. How is it that I see system with hard lines, but when I look at the kits, none of them have the hard lines shown? Im assuming a hard line would be more reliable than a rubber or nylon..
Old 10-02-13, 01:16 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Originally Posted by BGG
thanks for the insight... did you go with an off the shelf system or piece everything together. How is it that I see system with hard lines, but when I look at the kits, none of them have the hard lines shown? Im assuming a hard line would be more reliable than a rubber or nylon..
Hardlines are classy and sexy. I'm unsure if they're more reliable though. I can't chime in because I don't have hardlines.

In the kits shown, people had their hardlines CUSTOM made. You'll be getting rubber nylon line for everything to do your routing.

I bought mine's brand new (all-in-one kit) with help from swtjlsy. He really hooked it up for me. I unfortunately am running the 400C compressors and a single 5-gal tank..... I kinda wish I got 2 5-gal tanks instead though (might do an upgrade later on). For now it's whatever I have .
Old 10-03-13, 12:43 PM
gs350RWD
Rookie

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
Hardlines are classy and sexy. I'm unsure if they're more reliable though. I can't chime in because I don't have hardlines.

In the kits shown, people had their hardlines CUSTOM made. You'll be getting rubber nylon line for everything to do your routing.

I bought mine's brand new (all-in-one kit) with help from swtjlsy. He really hooked it up for me. I unfortunately am running the 400C compressors and a single 5-gal tank..... I kinda wish I got 2 5-gal tanks instead though (might do an upgrade later on). For now it's whatever I have .
All your problem is just all depends who installed your set up. Go to my guy and he will eliminate all your problems.

About the hardlines yes they are reliable, and they are not hardlines all the way around, its just the top part. Also again if your fabricator is dope like mine then you dont have to worry about anything. He got his set up for years using SS hardlines and even put wheels on top of it and still nothing bad happen. He also does Copper hardlines like 3gsjay and josh's audi and he never disappoint them. And the good thing is LIFETIME WARRANTY *_*
Old 10-03-13, 07:45 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Yup! My installer, although a great guy and hasn't charged me a penny for 5 different diagnosis, alongside replacing all my lines all over again, was stubborn and told me I didn't need grommets. I made him drop the car, install a short inflation valve to the front struts, and we found out the line was leaking RIGHT where it goes into the body.

Mike (swtjlsy) LITERALLY called me out on it and said... DO it for you'll get leaks, BOY was he right! On top of that... He just glanced my setup..... Thankful for all you air guru's out there!

I now have ZERO leaks, car's been in the air for 6+ hours and hasn't moved an inch, so i'm confident this kit's gonna last forever.

Quick Reply: Official 3rd gen GS air ride thread