GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460
Old 12-16-14, 12:59 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lexus IS Engine and Powertrain Guides

Print Wikipost

FINALLY....Recall on GS300 engine misfire

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-14, 04:42 AM
EA6BMECH
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well then, I hope he comes out with one on changing out a rack and pinion for an '06 or some sort of repair.....then I'll be a happy camper
Old 04-09-14, 11:53 AM
elproducto
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I purchased my 06 GS300 about a year ago. I never registered it on the Lexus Owner site, so i have not received a letter. I decided to call Lexus customer service to find out if my car was eligible for this fix. I was told I fit the criteria but would need to take the car in and speak to Service manager to find out if they could include my car is the Customer Support Program. The Service manger would make the call back to Lexus to include my car.

If you call the regular number they will only be able to let you know about recalls and would need to transfer you to the Lexus warranty department to determine if you cars meets the criteria. Their number is 18004481505. The Customer support program bulletin is "CSP-ZLA”, reference the bulletin name to lookup your VIN.

Last edited by elproducto; 04-09-14 at 12:18 PM.
Old 04-17-14, 08:02 AM
LexVoitek
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Default If You Don't Ask, You Don't Get

Originally Posted by elproducto
I purchased my 06 GS300 about a year ago. I never registered it on the Lexus Owner site, so i have not received a letter. .
the previous owner probably got the letter. I made a video about the CSP and I had a guy write to me about this GS that didn't even have the rough idle. He said that he just watched my video and researched it on the forums because of it. Turns out he went to Lexus and they gave him a $13,000 free engine rebuild!

I had my sister do the same thing with her 2007 Nissan Altima, because her car began eating 1 quart of oil per month. Nissan gave her $9,000 in parts and labor when they gave her a brand new engine also!

But if you don't ask, you don't get!
Old 04-20-14, 10:25 AM
westenl
Driver School Candidate

Nice. Good job
Old 04-24-14, 02:11 PM
LexVoitek
Driver School Candidate

Smile There's Still Time Even If You Didn't Get A Letter from Lexus

People keep writing in to me and sending me their photos, because of the video I made letting Lexus owners know about the engine misfire recall.

The other day Rick Levine from torontopartyguide.com sent me his car photos. I guess he also talked the service guy into letting him take photos of his car completely apart. Enjoy the pics guys!

Exhaust Leak Too, Anyone Else?
Rick had the same exact repairs done that I did because his exhaust system was also leaking. My Lexus tech only plug welded the little pin hole leak, but Rick had them change out from what it looks like 2 feet of exhaust pipe.

Here's the exhaust pipes before the repairs were made

Here's the exhaust pipes after the repairs were made

BTW: There's a recent press release about how anyone can get free engine repairs for out-of-warranty cars and trucks if they qualify. It worked on my sisters 2007 Nissan Altimta. She took it to her dealership because it was eating 1 quart of oil per month, and they installed a brand new engine. It just shows you that It never hurts to ask!

My exhaust leak that was plug welded just failed again. I'm thinking of using some High Temperature JB Weld on it. I bought it recently because I snapped my drivers front ride height sensor on my 2006 Lexus GS 300, and thought that I could use it for the exhaust leak and the ride height sensor. Unfortunately the JB Weld did not hold up. I did however buy a 2" bolt that I will sleeve over the ride height sensor shafts, then stuff it with JB Weld. I'm going to make a video of these things and post it on my channel when it's ready. If you're interested in any of those repairs on your Lexus, sub my YouTube Channel, so that you will know when I post it. That's why I put the watermarks on the photos, so you can find all my Lexus repair videos on YouTube, I made a bunch of them, and there are more to come.

Last edited by LexVoitek; 04-24-14 at 02:17 PM. Reason: typo
Old 05-05-14, 08:13 AM
GeeYes300
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by elproducto
I purchased my 06 GS300 about a year ago. I never registered it on the Lexus Owner site, so i have not received a letter. I decided to call Lexus customer service to find out if my car was eligible for this fix. I was told I fit the criteria but would need to take the car in and speak to Service manager to find out if they could include my car is the Customer Support Program. The Service manger would make the call back to Lexus to include my car.

If you call the regular number they will only be able to let you know about recalls and would need to transfer you to the Lexus warranty department to determine if you cars meets the criteria. Their number is 18004481505. The Customer support program bulletin is "CSP-ZLA”, reference the bulletin name to lookup your VIN.
I just called the number to inquire about the recall. My 06 GS300 burns oil excessively. Customer service rep. stated that unless there is a misfire or CEL, Lexus will not cover it. I have 3 months left before it hits the 9 year mark according to the coverage period. Time to sell?
Old 06-11-14, 02:12 PM
j21rummel
Driver School Candidate

I purchased my 06’ GS 300 last June. My check VSC light just came on so I took it into the dealership. They told me I just missed the 9 years deadline by 2 months (the car was originally purchased 3/30/2005). Lexus wants me to pay to get this rebuilt done.

I called the customer service line that was mentioned din this thread and opened a case. I will hear back within the next 48 hours from a case manger. Has anyone else had luck getting them to extend this “Customer Support Program?” The car doesn’t event run rough

On a side note – I’m at 65k miles so I need to replace my spark plugs. Would that make my VSC light go away?
Old 06-17-14, 10:19 AM
youngbuck2
Driver School Candidate

Exclamation no progress yet

took my 2006 gs300 in to lexus dealership today an they ran my vin# an said my car had no recall on it what should I do now
Old 06-26-14, 07:25 PM
maxtcee
Driver

Does it matter how many miles you have mine has 190000 and I have misfire and add oil every 2 weeks also my check vsl light is on
Old 06-27-14, 03:33 PM
LexVoitek
Driver School Candidate

Smile

@youngbuck2 The dealership was supposed to actually check your engine and OBDII codes, not just the vin. Maybe try another dealership.

@maxtcee This CSP / Recall should not be affected by your mileage. Check out the videos below, If you haven't already watched the video I made where a YouTube Subscriber of mine said that his car was out of warranty and his dealership did a complete engine rebuild worth $13,000 anyways.

I'm posting links to 2 videos below.

Video 1: Guy writes in to tell me that he got a $13,000 engine rebuild for free by taking my advice from the original video I made. BTW: This works on other makes and models. My sister has a Nissan Altima and I got her a brand new engine because it was consuming oil.

Video 2 (The Original) : This is the video that started it all. Many people talked themselves into going to the dealership and getting their free engine rebuild, sometimes with a brand new engine after watching this video.

I hope this helps you out guys . Just remember that not all dealerships are the same, I've read comments on my own videos, where people tried different dealerships and got different results!
Old 06-28-14, 08:44 AM
maxtcee
Driver

So how do we get around the dealers bull**** story's saying that there's no recall or bulletin that I've been reading in this thread?
Old 07-07-14, 09:45 PM
maying856
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just had this done to my car last week. Service rep told me it wasn't exactly a "recall" but an "update". Runs much better now.
Old 07-12-14, 07:15 PM
Stephon937
Driver School Candidate

I just purchased a 2006 GS300 awd 7/1/14 with 118k miles on it from a Toyota dealership. I contacted the previous owner and found the car is consuming oil. I have that crappy total care warranty but I have no clue what to do. Any advice would be appreciated
Old 07-19-14, 02:02 AM
krava
Lead Lap

My dealer here lied to me saying I had problems with a oil leak and it was my fault and they had to fix that first and then do anything else. so anyway called sewell lexus in dallas and they said I could come in and do an oil consumption test. They ran something in the machine and it came up with codes and they ended up doing it because it showed several misfires. so you have to find a dealership you can call ask them if you can do an oil consumption test if so take it there. I had to go out of state to do mine.
Old 07-19-14, 02:02 AM
krava
Lead Lap

anyway anyone here had to get the engine fixed twice yet? Even if you fix this problem replace pistion rings or whatever won't this problem come back? I have heard from several lexus places that it probably will and 1 said it won't so I don't know what to believe.

Quick Reply: FINALLY....Recall on GS300 engine misfire