GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

My Rotors Have Arrived.

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-12, 07:54 PM
bigblack06

Received 315 Likes on 219 Posts

Here are the completed pics, I'll take some in the morning.

My Rotors Have Arrived.-photo-1.jpg

My Rotors Have Arrived.-photo-2.jpg

My Rotors Have Arrived.-photo-3.jpg
Old 05-03-12, 09:56 PM
1scGS450h
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

WOW! $340 for all 4? i might have to consider this too?.. 3 weeks isn't to bad as a turn around time for custom rotors?.. but the story about the 3 month for 2 kind of scares me a little bit?.. but i'll def bookmark this post and the website for adams rotors..

How does it ride? is it smooth? good grip?. vs to stock?. hopefuly you've got some good feed back!

Looks great overall with the painted rotors too! i'll be doing mine soon as well!
Old 05-09-12, 05:19 PM
louisp_p
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you running these rotors with stock pads?

How does it ride??
Old 05-10-12, 01:27 AM
bigblack06

Originally Posted by 1scGS450h
WOW! $340 for all 4? i might have to consider this too?.. 3 weeks isn't to bad as a turn around time for custom rotors?.. but the story about the 3 month for 2 kind of scares me a little bit?.. but i'll def bookmark this post and the website for adams rotors..
How does it ride? is it smooth? good grip?. vs to stock?. hopefuly you've got some good feed back!
Looks great overall with the painted rotors too! i'll be doing mine soon as well!
Rides normal, I feel I have better grip but pretty sure its all in my mind. It def. looks good and I have better stopping power cause they are new. Most likely I will buy from them again, probably a different design though. Rotors aren't painted you mean calipers, yeah I'm happy with the look.

Originally Posted by louisp_p
Are you running these rotors with stock pads?
How does it ride??
Yes I'm using stock low dust pads and they work beautifully with the rotors and I have a lot less dust.
Old 05-10-12, 01:38 AM
Boron
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I presume these brake discs are just for show?
You didn't throw ~$400 to get better stopping distances on the roads?
What about the pads and brake fluid - anything new/upgraded on that front?

If it all for show, then not sure they add anything, at least not with the standard 450h wheels.
The graphic looks well on the caliper - that does work.
Old 05-10-12, 02:15 AM
aLexGS350
Lead Lap

nice, I need a new set myself...I also want to paint my calipers!
Old 05-11-12, 05:37 AM
bigblack06

Originally Posted by Boron

If it all for show, then not sure they add anything, at least not with the standard 450h wheels.
I changed the brake fluid to motul brake fluid, and changed the brake lines to stainless steel brake lines. I still think they are the same stopping power, I didnt expect to get better stopping power from these rotors. The brake pads are an upgrade from using orginal brake pads to the dustless brake pads.
Old 05-11-12, 06:55 AM
KevGS460ML
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The drilled rotors are supposed to reduce heat so unless you track your car you are not going to reap the benefit. However, they sure look nice. Now it's time to get bigger rims to show them off.
Old 05-11-12, 09:52 AM
bigblack06

Originally Posted by KevGS460ML
The drilled rotors are supposed to reduce heat so unless you track your car you are not going to reap the benefit. However, they sure look nice. Now it's time to get bigger rims to show them off.
Lol, thats on my long list of mods it comes right after the gut components, next is sway bar and then when I finally come to a decison springs or RCA kit, then rims.
Old 05-11-12, 11:25 AM
arotors
Driver School Candidate

enjoy the rotors!
glad you like them...

if anyone has any questions, feel free to email us: sales@adamsrotors.com
Old 05-11-12, 11:49 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Boron

Most brake rotor enhancements are for show. Slotted and drilled reduces heat and some makers advertize it makes pads last longer but how you drive determines pad life more.
The calipers mean more to stopping efficiency. That's where the muscle is.

Can't deny slotted and drilled looks cool though. Sometimes its all about the look.
Old 05-11-12, 12:04 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350
Most brake rotor enhancements are for show. Slotted and drilled reduces heat and some makers advertize it makes pads last longer but how you drive determines pad life more.

Can't deny slotted and drilled looks cool though. Sometimes its all about the look.
Not only that, pad compound makes a big difference to if you track your car or not.

And bigblack, if you REALLY are deciding to track your car, you've got a lot of weight reduction to do

I've got Rotora brake disks and EBC Green stuff pads. They work phenomenal compared to O.E. and they last a LOONG time. What i'm surprised about is how quickly you've worn in the brake disks, it took me 2-3 weeks before mine's broke in
Old 05-11-12, 02:44 PM
masboy
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

bigblack06, what kind of brake pads u got ? OEM brake pads dust like never end land seriously.
Old 05-11-12, 03:58 PM
Boron
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bigblack06
I changed the brake fluid to motul brake fluid, and changed the brake lines to stainless steel brake lines. I still think they are the same stopping power, I didnt expect to get better stopping power from these rotors. The brake pads are an upgrade from using orginal brake pads to the dustless brake pads.
Good call on the Motul RBF (600?), and stainless braided lines.

Originally Posted by Ice350

Yes and no - slotting "cleans" the pads of any glazing, but this is only going to be noticed in situations where brake fade can occur due to the braking system not getting a chance to cool down. Certainly won't be the case whilst tootling along Main St at 25-35 mph.

I don't subscribe to the notion the slots run the pads or/and disc cooler - in fact, removal of the material by both drilling/chamfering and slotting reduces the overall amount of material and surface area to radiate heat away.
Most of the cooling is done through the centre of the disc, with the rest radiating off the surface and the connection to the wheel through the hub.

So, unless repeated heavy braking is being applied, the whole purpose of the exercise here, is looks, which is lost somewhat in that the wheels clash rather than show off the discs to full effect.
Personally, I'd have spent the same $400 differently, but to each their own.
Old 05-11-12, 09:37 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by masboy
bigblack06, what kind of brake pads u got ? OEM brake pads dust like never end land seriously.
Actually... speak to your service provider, you should have two choices between a dusty brake pad set and a non-dusty that they've also produced now.

The dusty version brakes a bit better than the non-dusty.

Quick Reply: My Rotors Have Arrived.